red color coming of Captain Americas shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh mine, it seems like even the coat spray cant help..the only solution would be to repaint it?

It's an unknown at this point, I would still recommend the ts-79, I am unsure if what I am seeing is it cracking before I painted it or after. Only time will tell, perhaps others with uncoated shields could comment on how long theirs lasted til the paint started flaking as a basis for comparison. Just to point out my shield coated with TS-79 has not flaked yet, its only when looking at certain angles in the light i can see slight tiny cracking/flaking. Looking at my old pre-painted shield in the pics it appears it was already happening so who knows.

A year on and no flaking yet and still looks good face on just unsure how long it will last. If unpainted shield don't even last a year before flaking then the Ts-79 is the way to go it seems.

I stripped the paint off mine (brake cleaner and qtips). I am sporting the vibranium look for now.

Does anyone have any paint type suggestions from experience, color types, enamel/acrylic, clear coat mixed?? Application type brush or airbrush? Recommendations are much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400695502.713759.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400695502.713759.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 262
So it seems the problem is that the Red and Blue paint cannot stay on the chrome very well. SO would this mean that even if you coat the top with a sealer, you will still have the paint come off? Also if you try repainting the shield, probably you will need to remove the chrome off the areas you what to paint? sand it off maybe?

Okay so I did this mod 45 min ago and so far so good BUT I think the red night have bled over a little on the silver on one of the shields.

I watched some videos and said that it may look messed up at first but will eventually look clean when it fully dries up.

I'll add some pics.

da6eba6y.jpg

he5umy3y.jpg

How does one remove the red smudge?

Did you leave the silver/chrome alone before painting? Is that the original surface?
If it is, a q-tip with a very small amount of acetone on it very carefully swiped over the red one or twice will gently melt the overspray. the first couple of passes might just smear it, but keep at it gently, and eventually you will be able to remove it all.

Did you leave the silver/chrome alone before painting? Is that the original surface?
If it is, a q-tip with a very small amount of acetone on it very carefully swiped over the red one or twice will gently melt the overspray. the first couple of passes might just smear it, but keep at it gently, and eventually you will be able to remove it all.

Oh well, yeah I just sprayed over the original surface if that's what you mean. But I shall try that. Thanks for the advice, man. I'll letcha know if it worked and post pics after.

Oh well, yeah I just sprayed over the original surface if that's what you mean. But I shall try that. Thanks for the advice, man. I'll letcha know if it worked and post pics after.
No worries.

Worst case scenario is that you have to remove it all, re mask and do it again. But this time make sure the masking tape on the silver part is flat with no gaps!

No worries.

Worst case scenario is that you have to remove it all, re mask and do it again. But this time make sure the masking tape on the silver part is flat with no gaps!

Okay I kinda made it worse XD I kinda accidentally rubbed some of the red off after applying another coat and kinda clumped up a little but BUT it's not too noticeable. The other shield turned out beautifully though.

YewI5Kd.jpg

ZmUbqAz.jpg

VTFFVSX.jpg

qTHM3Dc.jpg

Back