red color coming of Captain Americas shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree completely, heence my comment on shoddy QC.
We have leaky rubber suits.
We have 200$ rubber bodies that rot and tear to pieces in less than 2 years.
and now we have flakey paint from cap sheilds.
Wheee.

I honestly dont think Hot toys does ANY sort of research into some of the things they try to release.

Last edited:
I expect the red and blue are pigmented clearcoats over an electrostatic metal finish. The paint doesn't have a direct bond to the plastic because the faux-metal finish is in the way.

Thats the problem with HT now. When I 1st got into HT there was very little QC problems but now the bigger HT have got as a company there QC just seems to get worse.

I hope for those who have the experience with the keaton residual thread, thay this doesn't turn into a

LET FREAK OUT BEFORE WE KNOW THERE IS AN ACTUAL PROBLEM

thread.

look at the pics,there is a F'### problem,HOUSTON:gah:
:lol

I saw the pics and clearly ONE person has a problem. But again ONE problem does not warrant the need for mass hysteria.

That's why i referenced the keaton batman thread. 100 pages of people freaking out and now, even those who initially had a problem, no longer do.

well initially i did not have a problem,but now i do.and first and for all,i was asking if someone else had the problems,mass hysteria clearly not what i was thinking of.so cool down,my collector friend
and since a lot of people had similar problems on other figures,whats wrong with raising attention?? well, maybe you dont mind spending a lot of money and getting unsatisfying merchandise

I think it's a certain amount of force you put on it, because mine had seen a mild amount of abuse from my not realizing it was under the lid of the box, and resulted in a small flake like yours.

On the bright side for those getting Avengers Cap, at least there is a backup shiny shield there. I'll probably use the shiny shield with Avengers Cap and give the BD shield to this guy.

I have to say, I've had no paint rubbing yet. It's possible it's just a batch of them that didn't adhere properly and its not widespread. I guess we'll see. Sometimes these things take longer to come to light than other depending on environment and handling.

On the bright side for those getting Avengers Cap, at least there is a backup shiny shield there. I'll probably use the shiny shield with Avengers Cap and give the BD shield to this guy.

I have to say, I've had no paint rubbing yet. It's possible it's just a batch of them that didn't adhere properly and its not widespread. I guess we'll see. Sometimes these things take longer to come to light than other depending on environment and handling.

well,lets hope so!:yess:but no help in my case:mad:

well initially i did not have a problem,but now i do.and first and for all,i was asking if someone else had the problems,mass hysteria clearly not what i was thinking of.so cool down,my collector friend
and since a lot of people had similar problems on other figures,whats wrong with raising attention?? well, maybe you dont mind spending a lot of money and getting unsatisfying merchandise

I'm cool. You're not taking it into account that it doesn't take much to get people worked up here. I plan on checking my cap when I get home as should everyone who has one. I'm simply saying lets try and keep this peaceful and not like the batman thread. And please dont criticize anything about me or how I like spending my money. You don't know me.

I'm cool. You're not taking it into account that it doesn't take much to get people worked up here. I plan on checking my cap when I get home as should everyone who has one. I'm simply saying lets try and keep this peaceful and not like the batman thread. And please dont criticize anything about me or how I like spending my money. You don't know me.
not criticizing,just asking

hmm the problem is on the red part, could it be the red material that they use for color? the IM line had a problem with the red crotch.. ive no supporting details on this your honor.

Fortunately my Cap's shield hasn't lost any paint. However, I have been extremely careful and still managed to get tiny scratches all over it. The scratches aren't real noticeable unless I take a picture with the flash.:mad:

JMKsHotToysCaptainAmerica11.jpg

I noticed some paint flakings on the edge of the shield on my Cap the other day. Nothing major and not really visible either. I hope it won't spread to the rest of the shield.

Back