red color coming of Captain Americas shield

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The paint leak on the shield, could it be from the heat? I once had a japanese action figure that has metallic paint on pvc plastic....since I used to live on a humid country, I notice one day while holding my figure, the paint was going to my hand!!!!

well,i send HT a mail ,complaining about the shield discolouring,and asked for a replacement.i got an answer from hot toys,and they said that i had to send them a copy of the sales receipt from my seller in order for my claims to be dealt with. i keep you posted!

Last edited:
This happened to me too. I had it no longer than 2 weeks. I spent a little time posing Cap when I first got him and then put him on the shelf. About 2 weeks later I find this. You can see the paint cracking and lifting. Contacted Sideshow and sent them some picks and they sent me a new one.

Looks like the paint isn't sticking to the shield. I'll have to ask my brother about mine since he's a model builder.

Fortunately my Cap's shield hasn't lost any paint. However, I have been extremely careful and still managed to get tiny scratches all over it. The scratches aren't real noticeable unless I take a picture with the flash.:mad:

JMKsHotToysCaptainAmerica11.jpg

Mine is like that too.
I fear it's a prelude to the paint chipping.

Damn.
I really like this figure, but I've already had the zipper on the back of the shirt break off and now I'm worried about this stuff w/the shield.

Mine is like that too.
I fear it's a prelude to the paint chipping.

Damn.
I really like this figure, but I've already had the zipper on the back of the shirt break off and now I'm worried about this stuff w/the shield.

Yes, unfortunately it's a prelude to that.
Mine was exactly like that and then the painting faded.
:slap

you guys should of spray painted it dull when you got it.
these chrome paint gets oxidized quite easily.

I have a Hastings not far from here and with a CA on the shelf. I've been seriously tempted.

To the people experiencing issues - how often are you re-posing and making adjustments?

Back