Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunset Overdrive (Xbox One) - 9/10

Excellent game. At first I thought the controls were too complex so I abandoned the missions and just practiced navigating the levels. Once I learned the mechanics the game really opened up and I loved it. I was a bit sad when my adventure came to an end. Hopefully it did well enough for a sequel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prototype 2 - 8.5/10
Really loved the story and main characters. Completing all the side missions and story, the gameplay can feel repetitive. Still I enjoyed it since little things like different mutations/attacks and upgrades like faster running and longer gliding kept me playing throughout.

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 5.9/10

... I don't know, overall the first one was better

Revelations:

2586p2s.gif

Revelations 2:

tumblr_nkfxnfTHmi1r0d3ugo1_400.gif

Raid Mode 2.0 is beautiful though :drool I love it

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 5.9/10

... I don't know, overall the first one was better

Revelations:
2586p2s.gif

Revelations 2:

tumblr_nkfxnfTHmi1r0d3ugo1_400.gif

Raid Mode 2.0 is beautiful though :drool I love it

First gif is one of the few horror moments in the main campaign, the second gif is an optional action via the non-campaign Raid mode. Hardly a comparison. The first Revelations had its moments, but the majority of it was nonsensical politics involving characters and corporations never established in any previous iteration, plus the dumb side characters like Rachel, Jessica, Clive, and Quint.

Revelations 2 built upon the lore, expanding upon the mysterious Alex Wesker mentioned in RE5's "Lost in Nightmares" and brought Claire and Barry back into the game who've long been absent. Rev2 also brought more puzzles and horror back into the mix as well as more genetic monstrosities. The "True" ending also sets up for future story lines with Natalia.

It's obvious that Capcom is catering to the RE fans with Revelations and the casual fans via the numbered, Michael Bay-crap entries. Revelations 2 gets an 8.5/10 from me.

Last edited:
Tomb Raider Definitive edition - PS4 Version. 9/10

This is the first game in a long long time that I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish - I think you know you're on to a winner when you simply do not want it to end and when it does you want to jump straight back into it.

I pre-ordered Resident Evil Revelations 2 and I have to say I was beyond disappointed. Contrary to the above I absolutely hate Raid mode 2, which was one of the things I loved about the initial Revelations (PS3).

I can't comment on the Campaign mode as I haven't really played it, but almost everything about Raid 2 is wrong and it's certainly not /beautiful/. :pfft: :lol

I digress, well sort of - The point: Jumping from that gut-wrenching disappointment into a game which just blows you away was just what I needed.

There are moments in TR which are genuinely epic, a word I don't like using due to it's frequent over misuse in current times, but it's totally justified here.
- In short the team set out with one goal in mind which was to create a game that just blows you away, that you can be emotionally attached too and they absolutely smashed it.

It's certainly one of the best games I have had the pleasure of playing.

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - 7.5/10

This game was a nice surprise for me. I didn't expect to enjoy it much, but I've found that it had the most straight-forward, and no-nonsense storyline of any Assassin's Creed game I've played. There weren't any controversial political or religious topics. Just Edward, going on a quest for fortune, and getting caught between the conflict of the Templars and Assassins.

There's large variety of different mission types, and the ship battles were exceptionally well done. In addition, I'm having loads of fun with the multiplayer (I'm currently on Prestige Level 2), which offers a very unique experience compared run-of-the-mill third and first-person shooters.

I docked 2.5 points in my score because of the weird glitches and optimization issues that were prevalent throughout the game. It can't be said enough, Ubisoft really has to test their games better before releasing them.

Injustice Gods among us - 8.5/10

Very Enjoyable for a fighting game .. my only small complain is the cutscenes weren't remastered for the PS4/X1

Yeah, this is ME during MKX story mode:

tumblr_m8nycls98B1r8czhco1_1280.jpg

Unfortunately, there's no way to erase such memories.

Prototype 2 - 8.5/10
Really loved the story and main characters. Completing all the side missions and story, the gameplay can feel repetitive. Still I enjoyed it since little things like different mutations/attacks and upgrades like faster running and longer gliding kept me playing throughout.

Is there no hope for a third one? These are my kind of games.

Ground zeroes MGS... Bought it for $10. It's essentially a demo.

It's a real tough one to give a score cuz if a were to rate it as a demo, I'll give it a 5/10. I don't like paying for demos.
But then again it's really not 5/10. Ah oh well no score then.

I will say that it's really quite fun. Graphics are really good. So good that when I went back to playing drivecluhb I thought driveclub was a bit low resolution.

My major complaint is in relation to the cover system. Somehow I still prefer having a manual trigger button to toggle entry and exit into cover. I found the cover to be a bit clumsy although it was never a major hindrance. It's just that u get awkward situations where the cover is at an angle relative to a patrolling enemy and because of this, part of the character is sticking out in plain view of the enemy. Funnily enough, it doesn't seem to trigger their attention which breaks the realism a little. Maybe it is because I played at Normal. Not sure about hard.

The game definitely needs lots of fine tuning. It still feels a bit rough around the edges. Not that refined for an AAA standard game.

Back