Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're into games with a good story line, I'd also recommend Heavy Rain on PS3. I'd easily put it in my top 5 games story-wise.
And because it isn't linear, it's got crazy replay value. I think there were about 15+ different endings to it depending on the choices you make during the game.

Bloodborne: 9.5/10
I took off half a point just for simple problems getting stuck on tombstones on the map but no other complaints other than that. I absolutely love the level design, the character design is some of my favorite in a game and the gothic atmosphere and music is awesome.

Dragon Age Inquisition + Jaws of Hakkon - 8.5/10

Heard people found the end disappointing, but I was quite satisfied with it. Still pissed that I killed all the dragons and didn't get the achievement though.

If you're into games with a good story line, I'd also recommend Heavy Rain on PS3. I'd easily put it in my top 5 games story-wise.
And because it isn't linear, it's got crazy replay value. I think there were about 15+ different endings to it depending on the choices you make during the game.
Hey thanks man, I've since checked it out via reviews & in store too. Multiple character game play & the whole 'noir' vibe - pretty cool.

It's a shame Beyond: Two Souls, outright sucked in comparison.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 7.5/10

What can I say, nothing was left to the imagination and everything is spoon fed to you. Down right depressing seeing Snake wither away to nothing, and don't get me started on that stupid relationship between Meryl and Johnny... :yuck

I've nagged on Peace Walker quite a bit, but I can almost dismiss it from the series since it's just so outright ridiculous. But I think, MGS4 could be biggest blunder in the whole series.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 7.5/10

What can I say, nothing was left to the imagination and everything is spoon fed to you. Down right depressing seeing Snake wither away to nothing, and don't get me started on that stupid relationship between Meryl and Johnny... :yuck

I've nagged on Peace Walker quite a bit, but I can almost dismiss it from the series since it's just so outright ridiculous. But I think, MGS4 could be biggest blunder in the whole series.

Man, I think you're being too generous with that score :lol. Yeah, you can dismiss Peace Walker completely from the saga and it won't affect anything. I just wish if we could do the same with MGS 4. Aside from what you mentioned, I'd have to say that two my biggest complaints were those sudden changes with Ocelot being a schizo-induced junkie, and Big Boss' resurrection.

MGS 4 was like a fanfic in the worst possible ways. Kojima redeemed all of the characters so there weren't any villains anymore, and it completely negated all of Snake's sacrifices and suffering. Even Zero was an unfortunate soul, because he lost control of his organization, when the Patriot AIs became self-aware and took over everything.

The real enemies of this series were the "digital age of information", and "the system". Try wrapping your mind around that...... thanks, Kojima :cuckoo:

What emblems did you earn?

Last edited:
Man, I think you're being too generous with that score :lol. Yeah, you can dismiss Peace Walker completely from the saga and it won't affect anything. I just wish if we could do the same with MGS 4. Aside from what you mentioned, I'd have to say that two my biggest complaints were those sudden changes with Ocelot being a schizo-induced junkie, and Big Boss' resurrection.

MGS 4 was like a fanfic in the worst possible ways. Kojima redeemed all of the characters so there weren't any villains anymore, and it completely negated all of Snake's sacrifices and suffering. Even Zero was an unfortunate soul, because he lost control of his organization, when the Patriot AIs became self-aware and took over everything.

The real enemies of this series were the "digital age of information", and "the system". Try wrapping your mind around that...... thanks, Kojima :cuckoo:

What emblems did you earn?

The Meryl and Johnny thing was the most annoying thing in it for me, but I'm not discounting Big Boss and Ocelot crap either... Big Boss showing up at the very last second, made it all about him instead of it being about Snake... which is what it should of been.

I already got all the emblems (at least on my last PS3) so I didn't even watch the ending after the last cutscene.

I'm currently going through Snake Eater now. It's a cinematic marvel. It's been quite some time since I went throw it and watched and listened to every scene.

Super Metroid - 8.5/10. Great game when it came out, still holds up. Exploring was a marvel, and how it shaped the series is fantastic.

Also agreeing about MGS 4 with Pliss and Solidus, such a bummer since I just played through every other game prior a few months prior (separate intervals basically)

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood 8/10

Graphically impressive. Full of atmosphere. Short, as it is a standalone DLC prequel. Castle Wolfenstein looks eerie, oppressive... this game makes you think hard about how different the world could be today.

Arkham Origins - 7/10

I'd give it a higher score if it wasn't so glitchy and if Catwoman was playable, City is still my favorite

Not necessarily a game but:

Left Behind - 10/10

HOLY ****! That was one incredible DLC mission. I'd even rank it next to Undead Nightmare.

This was amazing, and the story was so emotional, I was just everywhere.

I admit though I'm a little lost in trying to figure out the relationship of Ellie and Riley.

Either way, I definitely recommend it. Can't wait to get a PS4 and do this all over again! :rock

The Witcher 1 - 9/10

I've played quite a lot of RPGs over the years, and quite frankly, the Witcher stands as one of the best experiences I've ever had in an RPG. The game stresses so much on the moral grey of decision making, and every decision that Geralt makes has brutal and lasting consequences for everyone around him. And it's great to experiment with different decisions to see how alliances and friendships can change over the course of the storyline.

The game had a brilliant start, and there was a remarkable twist at the end I'll never forget. If you can, buy it on Steam where it's dirt cheap - even a very old PC should be able to play it well. All in all, I feel very sorry for the folks who chose to skip this just to play the latest game, Witcher 3.

The Witcher 1 - 9/10

I've played quite a lot of RPGs over the years, and quite frankly, the Witcher stands as one of the best experiences I've ever had in an RPG. The game stresses so much on the moral grey of decision making, and every decision that Geralt makes has brutal and lasting consequences for everyone around him. And it's great to experiment with different decisions to see how alliances and friendships can change over the course of the storyline.

The game had a brilliant start, and there was a remarkable twist at the end I'll never forget. If you can, buy it on Steam where it's dirt cheap - even a very old PC should be able to play it well. All in all, I feel very sorry for the folks who chose to skip this just to play the latest game, Witcher 3.

Yep.
I still has my physical copy, bought back there for the full price. :yess:
Tho you still need to download a huge patch to play it properly.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - 7/10.

It's got some ok ideas and for an early Wii game it looks great, when it plays well, it plays well. But the control ruins it 75% of the time. Still for a game in the dark age of Sonic, it did well enough.

Yep.
I still has my physical copy, bought back there for the full price. :yess:
Tho you still need to download a huge patch to play it properly.

Awesome. I heard how CDPR released their enhanced edition for free years back - that was really nice of them.

I was actually thinking about buying a physical game from Ebay. I don't mind digital, but Witcher was such a fantastic experience, I'd love to have something to show for it.

Sonic and the Secret Rings - 7/10.

It's got some ok ideas and for an early Wii game it looks great, when it plays well, it plays well. But the control ruins it 75% of the time. Still for a game in the dark age of Sonic, it did well enough.

It's the dark age of Sonic, indeed. The franchise needs to die, or Sega needs to re-release their 2D games and re-polish them in HD.

After Unleashed, the game entered a pretty great time with Colors, and Generations, then Lost World came and sorta ushered in another dark age and then Sonic Boom came, and it's a new Sonic 06 for little kids :lol Sega needs to do something about the franchise and fast.

Back