Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God of War 10/10 loved every minute of it! Played it with my son, so it was a little extra special :)

Death Stranding - 5/10

It's a mixed bag of experiences with this game. On one hand, it's something fresh and new being Kojima's first project outside of MGS. The game is also gorgeous and unbelievably photorealistic (you can seriously take snapshots of Death Stranding and blow it up into a wall decoration, it's just that pretty). But, the same problems that existed for MGS V hold true for this game as well. Norman Reedus' character, Sam, is pretty much a blank slate and serves as an avatar for the player as much as Venom Snake did in MGS V. The open-world is also a lifeless expanse to trek, and while the gameplay is fun (essentially consisting of delivering parcels from one point to another), it's just not varied enough to hold interest in the long term. The music selection is also generic hipster pop, consisting of the same manufactured Indie girl voice that you've heard from every commercial that has been marketed to millennials in the past decade.

Big caveat about my experience, though: I've only played through beyond the half-way mark. But, I feel uninspired to continue further. The game is relaxing to play, and if you feel like grinding something that's not a mobile experience, Death Stranding might be right up your alley. For anyone else though, this is probably not the game from Hideo Kojima that you're looking for. It wasn't for me as much as I tried to like it.

Last edited:
Beating a dead horse here but...

Dark Souls Remastered - 2/5

- Preface: Big fan of Bloodborne.
- Some great boss fights.
- Can't imagine what is was like to first play DSR on PS3 with no Soulsborne experience or community context.
- The Equip Load system sucks; makes 90% of the game's items useless.
- Dark Wood Grain Ring should be standard equipment/starting gift.
- The cursed status (and the process/cost to reverse it) is a waste of our time here on Earth.
- New players will most likely miss 60% of content through first run unassisted.

Ghost of Tsushima: 9.5/10

Genuinely up there with the last two Red Deads and Witcher 3 for me as far as my favourite story based sandbox games ever go. I was legitimately sad when it was over and I had nothing more on the map left to do, always the mark of a great game in my book.

Ghost of Tsushima 9.5/10
Days Gone 8/10
Miles Morales 8.5/10
Spider-Man Remastered 9/10
God of War 9/10

Just finished Ghost, big surprise for me.

?Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Just beat it not too long ago, love the gameplay but the story could have been way better, and falters in some areas. Overall though I?d say I liked it!
6/10

?Detroit: Beyond Human
Been meaning to play it for the longest and Sony making it free for whatever month it was made it more feasible to play (though I only actually got around to playing it about 2 weeks ago lol) I liked it a lot tbh, followed the story through, helps I like Syfy/future/dystopian stuff too.
8/10

Looked great too!

(*Not a SJW*)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Death Stranding, 10/10
Completed it last weekend, spent 138 hours on that sucka. Loved it.
It felt a little like RDR2, where at the end of a long day at work I could just kick back on the couch and spend the evening chillin and riding around on a horse as Arthur. Only in Death Stranding I just wonder around a bunch of hills, kick the occasional BT ass then speed around the map on ziplines. And I made a crap-ton of ziplines. Great, weird story too. Later MGS games I found too wordy, this was good to me and the first Kojima game for a long time I've played.

It's not a game that you can finish. But after two weeks of tedious boredom and tight deadlines I had to fit in to my real life, I've finally finished my Federation rank grind on Elite Dangerous. After about 15hrs+ of my life invested, I can finally buy the Federation Corvette. What an honour... :rolleyes2 Elite is a love hate game. It does so many things so well, the sounds and visuals entirely draw you in. And then the devs do all they can to try and suck the fun out of just enjoying the game. If they actually created some proper story driven content, actual missions and relaxed up on the boring grinding, it'd be an incredible game for all.

Pizza Tower - 4/5

Oh boy, this game! This game is a crazed combination of Wario Land: Shake It, Road Runner's Death Valley Rally and PIZZA. The visuals are a sort of MS Paint 2-D platforming insanity with some of the most slick and humorous animations that I have seen in any game. Plenty of game/pizza references that any older players are sure to recognize along with a soundtrack that is retro, berserk and surprisingly catchy as hell (bosses in particular).

I picked it up on Steam a while back for my ten-year-old who quickly fell in love with it (despite the rare usage of blue language). I'm glad that I gave it a shot as it is a real retro blast to play. Lots of replayability for those who just have to find everything. Highly recommended for those with quick reflexes and a good sense of humor.
tjlFQTv.gif

I just finished playing through Assassin's Creed Origins recently, and I forgot how good a game that is. It's a solid 8/10.

Robocop Rogue City - 8/10
I just finished playing through Assassin's Creed Origins recently, and I forgot how good a game that is. It's a solid 8/10.
God I can’t stand the new style of Assassins Creed games. Stopped playing Origins the moment I couldn’t one hit kill someone with my hidden blade and when it forced me to do side quests to level up for main quests.

Robocop Rogue City - 8/10

God I can’t stand the new style of Assassins Creed games. Stopped playing Origins the moment I couldn’t one hit kill someone with my hidden blade and when it forced me to do side quests to level up for main quests.
To each their own. I know not everyone liked the change. Personally, I like the newer ones. Odyssey is one of my favorite games, and although I felt like Valhalla wasn't really an AC game, I thought it was a really good game. But, supposedly Mirage is going back to the old AC formula.

What's the BEST game on the market right now?
If you're into first-person shooters, Cyberpunk 2077 and the Phantom Liberty expansion.
I've been gaming since the 90's and it's become one of my favorite games of all time. I've spent nearly 600hrs on it so far. Theres just always something new to see/find.
Just keep the kids (and wife too maybe) out of the room while you're playing it. 😅

Back