Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some time off today, so I tried "Gone Home". But, I have to say, I have no idea what I just played :lol. It was a sappy, (somewhat inappropriate) mystery/Indie love story that revolved around an annoying, angsty teen and her equally annoying and unpopular friend from school. I was more intrigued about the secret doors and cryptic messages involving the previous house owner - which, unfortunately, never came into fruition. The ending was largely disappointing, too. In fact, I'm not sure if it was intentional, but Gone Home did such a brilliant job of keeping me uninterested about the main characters in this game; I really couldn't give a fudge about any of them.

On the plus side, the point-and-click execution of the game was okay; it vaguely of reminded me of the Myst games from the mid-90s. Gone Home is recommended if you can find it for $1.99, but not a penny more. In fact, save yourself the $1.99, and the two hours of your time it would take to complete it. Each of us have had our own "Gone Home" situations where we've returned to our houses and no one's there; the mystery begins!!! -_____-

Gone Home - 4/10.

And yes, I do realize that's a lower score than what everyone on the net has ever given it.

Last edited:
The Order 1886 - 7.5/10

Negatives:
- QTE is annoying
- the letterbox
- Stealth

Positives:
- Story & Characters

I had some time off today, so I tried "Gone Home". But, I have to say, I have no idea what I just played [emoji38]. It was a sappy, (somewhat inappropriate) mystery/Indie love story that revolved around an annoying, angsty teen and her equally annoying and unpopular friend from school. I was more intrigued about the secret doors and cryptic messages involving the previous house owner - which, unfortunately, never came into fruition. The ending was largely disappointing, too. In fact, I'm not sure if it was intentional, but Gone Home did such a brilliant job of keeping me uninterested about the main characters in this game; I really couldn't give a fudge about any of them.

On the plus side, the point-and-click execution of the game was okay; it vaguely of reminded me of the Myst games from the mid-90s. Gone Home is recommended if you can find it for $1.99, but not a penny more. In fact, save yourself the $1.99, and the two hours of your time it would take to complete it. Each of us have had our own "Gone Home" situations where we've returned to our houses and no one's there; the mystery begins!!! -_____-

Gone Home - 4/10.

And yes, I do realize that's a lower score than what everyone on the net has ever given it.
Nah, your score is appropriate. I'm actually pretty lenient on games but despite the wave of praise that game was enjoying, I myself couldn't find anything to like. I grew up with adventure games. Like the Mysts you mentioned. But the story was boring, and I felt arkward as an adult male for playing it haha

Andrew "KremlinMon" C

Nah, your score is appropriate. I'm actually pretty lenient on games but despite the wave of praise that game was enjoying, I myself couldn't find anything to like. I grew up with adventure games. Like the Mysts you mentioned. But the story was boring, and I felt arkward as an adult male for playing it haha

Andrew "KremlinMon" C

:exactly:

Its super appropriate, that game is awful, its likely the most overrated game I've seen in my life...

I'd give it a 2/10

Andrew "KremlinMon" C

:exactly:

Its super appropriate, that game is awful, its likely the most overrated game I've seen in my life...

I'd give it a 2/10

I just don't understand all of the high scores and rave reviews. I was given the impression that there was something deeper about this game, but it's immensely disappointing that the more interesting aspects about the storyline were never explored. I read notes about the house being haunted, the mysterious electrical wiring, and some sinister things involving the previous owner. But, instead, the story focused on the uninteresting love-story of this freakin' teenager, and before I knew it, the game said, "**** you! Thanks for the money - roll credits". Not to sound harsh, but I really, really do regret even spending even $1.99 on Gone Home :lol. This game should have been freeware.

With Gone Home, I saw the potential for a great game that just never hit its stride.

COD: Advanced Warfare - 6/10

So, I finished the campaign for COD: Advanced Warfare last night. It didn't have the best story I've seen in the series, but it's still much better than MW3. All things considered, COD is a tired series that starting to show its age. The multiplayer feels exactly like other COD games I've played, and there's really nothing uniquely interesting about the game itself. The exosuit doesn't really serve any practical purpose to the game (you can play the campaign and multiplayer without ever needing to use the most abilities). It just seemed like Sledgehammer shoehorned exosuit, to show that they were doing something different.

But, overall, I think Sledgehammer Games created AW as genuine attempt to push the next-step forward in the series. But, unfortunately, the game ended feeling like more of the same.

Life is Strange 8.75/10

Positives: excellent story, voice acting, fairly intense within this seemingly benign world
negatives: lip sync is off. Some dialogue such as, 'Wowzers!!!!' though that kinda dialogue is rare

The Order 1886. Some good ideas but poorly executed. Questionable design choices. Treats the player like an idiot by giving you no freedom to do any thing apart from shoot in some rather bland and unspectacular set pieces. Good story and graphics but ultimately to simple and shallow. Also poor value for money with about 5 hours of actual gameplay. 5/10.

Captain America Super Soldier - 3/5
I didn't have high expectations going in for this one since movie tie-in games are usually terrible. The gameplay was a bit repetitive, but still was fun. The game moves really quickly and I got the platinum trophy in 4 days.

Halo 4 - 10/10
Gears of War 3 - 9/10
Bioshock Infinite - 10/10
Batman: Arkham Asylum (GOTY Edition) - 10/10
Murdered: Soul Suspect - 7/10

Finishing up F.E.A.R. 3 right now.

Evolve 4/10
- The concept, environments and graphics are all nice but it was far from what I was hoping it would be. I was wanting to explore the maps a bit as the monster, maybe turn the tables on the hunters after awhile and stalk them. Playing as the monster SHOULD feel predatory and powerful but instead your constantly on the run and dead within a minute of them finding you.....which they do within minutes despite your best attempt at sneaking and hiding. As the monster you can breath fire and throw boulders that the hunters easily dodge (not to mention that the hunters appear waaay too small to focus on when your the monster) whereas the hunters can hold you with harpoons, trap you in an inescapable dome and they use a med-gun to constantly heal from ANY damage you do to them...all this while they are constantly shooting you. The game is extremely unbalanced in the hunters favor. A big let down IMO.

DmC: Devil May Cry (PS4) - 8/10

Been awhile since I played a dmc game, the combat, level design, and story were great, but I wasn't a fan of the characters, then again I didn't care about the characters in the older games either.

Back