Rate The Last Game You FINISHED..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alien Isolation: 10

Unless you were born in the middle/late 90s and/or are a sissy who will whine about the saving system and the game being "too hard". :pfft:

DmC (2013) - 1/10

Stopped at Barbas boss-fight.

The initial idea was interesting and that's the only point I can give to this underdeveloped trash.
They did absolutely nothing with the concept, the story is boring and gameplay is meh.

DmC (2013) - 1/10

Stopped at Barbas boss-fight.

The initial idea was interesting and that's the only point I can give to this underdeveloped trash.
They did absolutely nothing with the concept, the story is boring and gameplay is meh.

I utterly refuse to even play it for free. The series peaked with DMC3. DMC4 was a letdown, but at least Langdon was still playing Dante.

I'm actually never was a fan of this series and only played DMC and DMC4 back there... :lol

I'll try DMC3 tomorrow, heard too many good things about it.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4)

A glorified demo disguised as a prologue to the upcoming main event. Non-existent story coupled with questionable artistic vision that will be a subject of debate for fans yet backed up by a truly solid, entertaining gameplay. A technical marvel on the PS4 that will impress anyone, but charging such a premium price for what essentially is the same map is at the end of the day, is debatable.

6/10.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS3)

A shockingly poor iteration of the next gen game that suffers from a myriad of technical issues. While you're still essentially getting the very same game with no content cut, the game is choppy beyond belief and the controls suffer greatly because of it. Landing headshots is a miracle compared to the next gen versions. Avoid this at all cost and bring pizza to your PS4 buddy if you're desperate to play the game.

1/10.

^I can attest to how bad the PS3 version was. If Konami has any common sense, they'll release it as a free voucher for TPP.

I'm actually never was a fan of this series and only played DMC and DMC4 back there... :lol

I'll try DMC3 tomorrow, heard too many good things about it.

OMG dude, DMC3 is the KING of hack and slash. Awesome gameplay, fun characters... and that soundtrack kicks ****ing ASS!

Ghostbusters: The Videogame.

Simply some of the best licensed movie games out there with a script written by Dan Akryod and Harold Ramis themselves. It looks, sounds and feels like an authentic Ghostbusters experience and after the passing of Ramis, is officially the last true Ghostbusters project you'll ever see. That alone is worth the price of admission.

P/s: Notice how Egon and Peter barely have any lines together? :monkey3 :horse

8/10.

Last edited:
Demons Crest : 9/10

Nintendo recently put this in the wiiu virtual console and i blasted through it. Haven't played it in ages and its just as fun as I remember. Still pretty hard by todays standards. This game has some of the best and most gruesome art design of the 16-bit era. i think I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon playing through it again :)

The Evil Within (PS4) - 7.5/10

The Good:
+Horror Elements

The Bad:
- Graphics
- Gameplay Mechanics needs tweaking

Resident Evil 6-

Well,... I have a lot to say about my thoughts on this game.

I grew up with Resident Evil. I played the very first game back in 1996 when I was 12 years old. My cousin had it on his computer and he let me play the beginning part of it. I remember screaming out loud when the dogs jumped through the windows in that infamous hallway. (He got a kick out of that :lol)

I knew I had to buy it so I was able to get it for my Playstation that same year. I never owned RE2 but I rented it from good old Blockbuster back in the day and beat it and loved it.

Some of my fondest memories though were of RE3:Nemesis. I did own that game and to this day it is still my favorite RE game. I have played and beat all the numbered RE games with the exception of Resident Evil 0. I got quite far but a glitch in the game made beating it impossible and I never got around to finishing it.

I also have beat Revelations as well.

1-3 and even to a degree Code Veronica are my very definition of RE and I hate the direction Capcom has taken the series. I'm also not that big of a fan of the movies.

I've gone to see them with my friends, but don't get me wrong, they're just for fun and not to be taking as great RE films. I hate the character of Alice and how she is super human. That's not what RE is to me...sigh.

I decided I didn't care to own RE6 based on reviews and how much I disliked RE5.

But I've been an RE junkie for so long. It felt wrong to miss out on a game when I've played all the others so I finally decided to buy RE6 for almost pennies off of Amazon about a month ago.

I literally just beat the 3 main campaigns 10 min ago and have yet to do Ada's campaign but I feel I can give a fair review since I've seen what most of the game has to offer. Plus I just need to get this off my chest.

I went in ready to hate the game. Let me tell you how I feel...

RE6's campaigns all intersect so I jumped around following the timeline. It was interesting to see events from one story, and then go to another story and see the different views on those events and how different characters got to where they are.

The story was able to make a cohesive plot and it reminded me of Dead or Alive 5's story.

IMO, they took what pissed me off about RE5 and fixed the issues I had. No longer do I have to stand still while aiming. That made a big difference, both in RE6 and Revelations.

Another problem I had with RE5 was Shiva. She was an idiot and I felt I had to constantly baby sit her! In RE6, you don't share inventory items with the coop partner, which is great! Plus your partners are incapable of dying.

I can't tell you how many times I'd be doing fine and making progress, and then Shiva dies and now I have to restart everything!!!:mad:

Also I thought all the new characters: Jake, Pierce, and Helena where great newcomers to the franchise whereas I just wished Shiva would die. But then I'd have to start missions over again...:gah: :lol

The gameplay, to me, was fun. The characters were great, graphics were awesome and the voice acting was top notch.

I'm actually quite surprised in myself because I really liked the game and as a longtime RE fan I'm not sure what that means. I definitely liked it as much as Revelations if not maybe a hair more!

I do miss the old scary RE's but I came away from this game VERY happy. The plot was interesting and moved the overall RE story forward in positive ways.

IMO this was an improvement over RE5 in every way. Forgot to mention that there were actually night time missions as opposed to RE5's all daytime missions.

Only real nitpick was that Simmons keeps coming back after you "beat" him...

Leon's campaign was the last one I finished and I thought Simmons was dead and I was looking forward to what else the game had in store for that particular campaign. Only to find out he's back! Although I will say his ending scene was outstandingly done. RE fans MUST have loved how he finally dies!

RE5- 2.5-3/5
RE6- 4-4.5/5
Revelations- 4/5

Can't believe this is how I feel...

Last edited:
Hit Man Absolution: 4/5
Far Cry 3: 4/5
GTA 5: 4.5/5
Need For Speed Most wanted: 2/5 (I've only played it for 15 minutes but already thinking of returning it).

Assassin's Creed Unity (PS4) - 8.0/10

The Good:
+new Gameplay system

The Bad:
- Poor Frame Rate, Stuttering, and more Glitches
- No Modern Day Setting

The Story is alright, not that good and not too bad, just not as strong as Previous Assassin's Creed Story lines

The Last of Us: Left Behind (DLC/PS4).

A short, but equally as gripping chapter that fans of the game should not miss. While lacking in any sort of gameplay surprises, it makes up in tension, narrative, drama and anticipation. For some reason reminds me of Gone Home.

9/10

Mass Effect 3, 8/10.

Having heard for 2 1/2 years about this extremely controversial ending I was expecting the worst. So much so that I saved The Citadel DLC to play after it just in case I hated it. I'm going to play that tonight.

But, overall, I really liked the ending. Although I do have the director's cut so I'm not sure just how different the original one was. I didn't think it was perfect but it was, for me, a satisfying conclusion to an epic saga that lasted me around 7 years.

I utterly refuse to even play it for free. The series peaked with DMC3. DMC4 was a letdown, but at least Langdon was still playing Dante.

Yeah, a friend offered me the game for free but I just didn't want to touch it as I despised the demo & the character assassinations of both Dante & Vergil. Ninja Theory took the piss out of us fans of the series & paid dearly with their 3rd flop in a row.

Although it didn't compare to DMC3 I didn't really find DMC4 a letdown but the backtracking was very disappointing. But Dante more than made up for that & was comedy gold in several of his cut-scenes.

Back