Rank The Movies you saw in 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Ghostbusters
2. Avengers
3. Hobbit
4. Jack Reacher
5. Dark Knight Rises

Dark Knight Rises is one that seems less and less good the more I've dwelled on it. But I need to re-watch it to see if I'm being unfair. Pretty sure this is all I saw at the movies this year :(

If we're counting the older stuff, I saw Raiders, and that was single handedly one of the best movie going experiences of my life. I was born a little over a decade after the original theatrical release, and seeing it on the big screen was like being Marty Mcfly; I traveled back in time for a day, and got to experience one of my favorite movies the way it was meant to be seen!

Great seeing everyone's lists! My "best of" list includes
Looper, Flight, TDKR, Silver Linings Playbook, Lincoln

Also liked: Prometheus, Amazing Spiderman, Hunger Games, and even MIB3

Others that were okay: Hobbit, Avengers, Skyfall

Still need to see Django Unchained, Zero Dark Thirty

Of the films I saw at the cinema this year:

1. Skyfall
2. The Avengers (2012)
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (2011)
5. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
6. Looper
7. Prometheus
8. The Grey
9. The Bourne Legacy
10. Men in Black III
11. Lawless
12. 21 Jump Street
13. The Rum Diary
14. The Expendables 2
15. Titanic 3D
16. The Amazing Spider-Man
17. American Pie: Reunion
18. Man on a Ledge
19. The Dictator
20. The Watch
21. This Means War
22. Dark Shadows
23. Total Recall (2012)
24. Wrath of the Titans
25. The Campaign

1. ghostbusters
2. Avengers
3. Hobbit
4. Jack reacher
5. Dark knight rises

dark knight rises is one that seems less and less good the more i've dwelled on it. But i need to re-watch it to see if i'm being unfair. Pretty sure this is all i saw at the movies this year :(

You win the thread!

I didn't see all these in the theatres - having a baby in the house prevents us from going out much, lol - but I'll list the 2012 movies in order of preference anyway.

1. Prometheus (yep)
  2. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
  3. The Hunger Games
  4. The Dark Knight Rises
  5. The Avengers

Obviously I've seen more than that, but these are the only ones I remember actually being released this year...

I'd love to include the BBC Sherlock "episodes" as well - those were more like individual films than a series. Friggin' LOVED Sherlock. :)

Avengers
Skyfall
The Hobbit
Cabin in the Woods
Les Miserables
John Carter
Lincoln
Prometheus
TDKR
Secret World of Arrietty
21 Jump Street
The Bay
MIB 3
Wreck It Ralph
Woman in Black
Brave
Killer Joe
Underworld Awakenings
American Reunion
Five Year Engagement
Chimpanzee
Amazing Spider Man
Hunger Games

Special mention to Ghost Rider 2 which I got about 20 minutes into and shut off, and Snow White and the Hunstman which I could not get through the free 10 minute preview.

Thanks to Ween for posting a link to movies released in 2012 so I could remember everything I saw. :duff

TDKR
Avengers
Wreck-It Ralph
Hunger Games
The Amazing Spider-man

We don't get to the movies that much -- three kids between 1 and 7. Didn't actually dislike any of the movies I saw, though.

Still want to see Expendables 2, Jack Reacher, Bourne, Django, Dredd, and Skyfall.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back