2013 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think 'Rises' does not deserve a BP, but it sure as hell did deserve a cinematography and special effects nom. I mean, Snow White and the Huntsman? Really? :gah:

I seriously do not understand how that piece of dog crap got nominated for anything

Going back to the last HUGE winner:
Watched it--- An OK film (but how many people have seen it?) 2011 - "The Artist"
Watched it... An ok film. 2010 - "The King's Speech"
Good film-- 2009 - "The Hurt Locker"
I still haven't seen this. 2008 - "Slumdog Millionaire"
Loved it. 2007 - "No Country for Old Men"
Good choice. 2006 - "The Departed"
Double ????????? 2005 - "Crash"
??? 2004 - "Million Dollar Baby"
ABOUT DAMN TIME... but all three should have won (especially TFOTR) 2003 - "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
I still haven't watched this-- and I direct musicals. 2002 - "Chicago"
Hmmmm, no. 2001 - "A Beautiful Mind"
AWESOME choice. 2000 - "Gladiator"
OK, saw it--- forgt it. 1999 - "American Beauty"
I enjoyed but I still can't believe that "Saving Private Ryan" didn't win this 1998 - "Shakespeare in Love"
OK, makes sense. 1997 - "Titanic"

I loved the Artist, really awesome movie.

Crash is pretty pretty good.

I didn't like Slumdog Millionaire or No country for Old men ( I hate that one)
Million Dollar Baby was pretty good too

Zimmer was definitely snubbed. Should have been in the nomination. To me TDKR score is really amazing, easily one of my favorite scores. I listen to it just about every day just like I did with the TDK score. "The End" track is beautiful especially the end montage. I get chills every time :). Wish they put out a special edition like they did with the TDK. There was some great music in the trailers that didnt make the score and was hoping they would put that out in some form.

"Moonrise Kingdom" also got really snubbed. that movie was so brilliant. When it came out the talk was it would be up for Oscars. Then Lincoln came out and everyone jumped on that.

Agreed- Zimmer is one of the best if not the best film composers working today and his DKR soundtrack is stunning. DKR was snubbed in several categories including director...but it has been pointed out superhero films are largely ignored.

Today's moviesgoers would go to see a hyped-up well marketed piece of **** film.

The Academy seems to look for the quality of the film rather than quantity of bank it made

Sometimes they don't look very hard for quality either.

Going back to the last HUGE winner:
Watched it--- An OK film (but how many people have seen it?) 2011 - "The Artist"
Watched it... An ok film. 2010 - "The King's Speech"
Good film-- 2009 - "The Hurt Locker"
I still haven't seen this. 2008 - "Slumdog Millionaire"
Loved it. 2007 - "No Country for Old Men"
Good choice. 2006 - "The Departed"
Double ????????? 2005 - "Crash"
??? 2004 - "Million Dollar Baby"
ABOUT DAMN TIME... but all three should have won (especially TFOTR) 2003 - "The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King"
I still haven't watched this-- and I direct musicals. 2002 - "Chicago"
Hmmmm, no. 2001 - "A Beautiful Mind"
AWESOME choice. 2000 - "Gladiator"
OK, saw it--- forgt it. 1999 - "American Beauty"
I enjoyed but I still can't believe that "Saving Private Ryan" didn't win this 1998 - "Shakespeare in Love"
OK, makes sense. 1997 - "Titanic"

I was disgusted that Gladiator won over Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon in 2000.

Gladiator was an okay movie. It's not definitely one of the best movies ever made. It's typically regarded that 2000 was one fo the worst years for Oscar worthy films since like 1958 when The Greatest Show on Earth won best picture.

Gladiator was very good- not a best picture calibur by any means- was a popular hit though

Watched Mad Mad Mad World on TCM again- one of those movies I can't tear myself away from everytime it's on. Just a goofy funny classic in my book..

I spent most of the last 48 hours at the theater catching up on Oscar nominated movies. I saw Zero Dark Thirty, Silver Linings Playbook, The Impossible, Django Unchained and Lincoln.

They were all good. I'm a little sore from all that sitting so I'm going to take a walk now.

I must say the score for Zero Dark Thirty is amazing. It deserved to be in the running. I guess it's because they have the same composer listed for Argo?

Back