2013 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm curious to see Amour. I thought the White Ribbon was a bit overrated and Cache didn't really appeal to me, but I am a fan of the Piano Teacher and both Funny Games.
I still want to see Beasts of the Southern Wild. I may just buy it on blu once I can find it used for a decent price.

I won't go to a movie that will make me feel sad, or that has a big, heavy message in it. I can stay at home and watch that. I also usually won't go to dramas or comedies that I can see at home. I go to see bigger than life things, or things that will look awesome on the big screen. I want to laugh or get blown away basically. I wanna get lost in a movie, not sit there a cry through most of it. I have enough sadness in my life without paying to see more of it.

I mostly agree with this. But I don't mind if something like that is IN the film, but I won't watch it if it's ALL about it.

I mostly agree with this. But I don't mind if something like that is IN the film, but I won't watch it if it's ALL about it.

Well sure. Sometimes things affect you and you didn't see it coming, but there was no way I was going to see Les Mis during Christmas time. I don't want to see something sad when it's suppose to be a happy time of year. I can watch it when it comes out on blu.

Agreed Ween. Pretty much all I go to see are event movies/blockbuster types for the same reason as you - fortunately for me I don't have any great sadness in my life at this time but being made to think of what could be or one day will be is something I prefer to avoid. Thus ruling out most of the usual Best Picture nominated films.

Well sure. Sometimes things affect you and you didn't see it coming, but there was no way I was going to see Les Mis during Christmas time. I don't want to see something sad when it's suppose to be a happy time of year. I can watch it when it comes out on blu.

I just don't want to see that stuff in theaters so other people don't see a 6'1" 250lbs baby crying :lol I get emotionally caught up in movies.

Back