Rank The Movies you saw in 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite :

Moonrise Kingdom
Django Unchained
The Master
Prometheus
Holy Motors
Lincoln
The Avengers
The Amazing Spiderman
Expendables 2
Dredd
Skyfall
The Dark Knight Rises
21 Jump Street
Snow White and the Huntsman
The Hobbit
Ted
Cabin in the Woods

Re-released :

Indy Trilogy
Halloween
Poltergeist

Need to see :

Argo
Zero Dark Thirty
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Beyond The Black Rainbow
Killer Joe
Wreck it Ralph

Don't worry about these movies because they weren't anything special. Definitely wait for video release.

I'll probably wait 'til video on almost all of them. That's the way it goes these days. This coming year, I'll see maybe two or three movies in the theater (not including Monsters, Inc. 2 and Despicable Me 2, which we'll take the kids to).

The wife and I have a date night in the next week or two ... but we don't usually go to a movie. Zero Dark Thirty would be my top choice. Gangster Squad, Django and Reacher following. Wife wants to see that movie with Paul Rudd and the blonde chick.

SnakeDoc

Jack Reacher is special if you've read the books.

If not eh. But it was the biggest surprise of the year for me. I'm shocked it worked.

Jack Reacher is special if you've read the books.

If not eh. But it was the biggest surprise of the year for me. I'm shocked it worked.

I haven't read the books. May give them a try if I like the movie.

A co-worker that read the books was ticked that Cruise was cast as Reacher, though. Called it complete miscasting. Reacher is supposed to be a 6'5" 245lb Dirty Harry-type figure ... Cruise is a 5'9" 175lb smartass.

SnakeDoc

Skyfall
Lincoln
Les Mis
Lawless
Avengers
Dark Knight Rises
Django Unchained
The Hobbit
Bourne Legacy
Brave
Looper
Act of Valor
Spider Man
3 Stooges
Hunger Games

and

Prometheus - Piece of garbage

Argo is the one movie I really want to see from 2012 still.

I haven't read the books. May give them a try if I like the movie.

A co-worker that read the books was ticked that Cruise was cast as Reacher, though. Called it complete miscasting. Reacher is supposed to be a 6'5" 245lb Dirty Harry-type figure ... Cruise is a 5'9" 175lb smartass.

SnakeDoc

Yeah. Cruise did pull it off in character, but Reacher is an huge dude, and often stands out where ever he is. Making him either an easy target, or people become highly suspicious of him. Which also gets him into a load of trouble.

But his life style is really interesting. You get to watch it play out in the books that almost makes it seem like a really great way of living/.

Minus the constant murder and violence. :lol

Book Jack Reacher stopped a .38 slug (shot across a large room from a snub nose) with his peck muscle. Cruise has no peck muscles.

The funniest scene in the movie was where, in the book they blamed the one punch death of this girl on Reacher, because he was the only person they knew of that could do that.

They kept that in the movie. :lol That was the only time that made me go...yeah...oh ****ing kay. :lol

Prometheus - Piece of garbage

3 Stooges

2i6kto1.jpg

:lol:lol

Ya. I know. Stupid movie. But I saw it in a packed theater and everyone was really into it. I would never watch it again but the viewing experience was memorable.

I also saw Prometheus in a packed theater. The crowds response mirrored my own thoughts... Could have been such a good movie if it had made just a tad bit of sense.

Damn, I forgot about 3 Stooges. I saw that too.

Definitely wouldn't say that's the worst. I had fun with that one.

These are all the 2012 movies I've seen ranked from best to worst:

1. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
2. Prometheus
3. The Avengers
4. The Dark Knight Rises
5. Brave
6. Madagascar 3
7. The Hunger Games
8. Django Unchained
9. Snow White and the Huntsman
10. Breaking Dawn Part 2
11. This Means War

Last edited:
Normally, I don't bother asking other people about stuff, but I do want to get a bit of a consensus on a couple of films. Tonight, two of my local theaters are each having a screening of two different films at the same time, and they're pretty much the only showings for either film, so I'm kind of at a loss for which I want to see more. Moonrise Kingdom or End of Watch? Any help would be much appreciated, freaks.

Normally, I don't bother asking other people about stuff, but I do want to get a bit of a consensus on a couple of films. Tonight, two of my local theaters are each having a screening of two different films at the same time, and they're pretty much the only showings for either film, so I'm kind of at a loss for which I want to see more. Moonrise Kingdom or End of Watch? Any help would be much appreciated, freaks.

End of Watch. My second favourite movie of the year. LOVE LOVE IT!

My top 10 list will differ from most...

1. Life of Pi
2. End of Watch
3. Cabin in the Woods

Beyond that, don't remember everything I saw in 2012.

Liked a lot of movies, but can't say which I prefer. Still need to see the Master and Les Mes...

:lol

I doubt those films are anything alike.

If you love Wes Anderson, you'll love Moonrise Kingdom.

If you're not a big fan...like me...you might just kinda like it...I was with it until the half way point.

1) Dredd

2)Skyfall

3)The Avengers

4)The Dark Knight Rises

5)The Bourne Legacy

6)The Amazing Spider-Man

I saw at least 30 movies in the theater, not ranking them all. Top 5 though as follows, in no particular order...

1) Skyfall
2) Avengers
3) Cabin in the Woods
4) TDKR
5) 21 Jump St.

Back