2013 Oscar Nominations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always thought it was a poor man's Braveheart. What'd you think of Amour tomandshell?

Actually, that one isn't playing around here. I'll have to catch it on video later.

I really enjoyed Lincoln. Silver Linings Playbook was better than I expected but not Best Picture. I thought Django was lesser Tarantino--certainly not his best. The Impossible was a really emotional film for me as a parent and I would have personally given it a Best Picture nomination.

I'm torn between Argo, Lincoln and Zero Dark Thirty.

Michael Haneke & Amour should do well I feel.

Really surprised TDKR was not nominated in the cinematography category. I thought the cinematography in TDKR was stunning!

Amour is easily the best film of the year but it has zero chance in the main category for two reasons. 1. It'll get foreign film 2. The Artist won last year.

Amour is easily the best film of the year but it has zero chance in the main category for two reasons. 1. It'll get foreign film 2. The Artist won last year.

Yes I can see how giving it foreign film would open it for somebody else to win the main category.

I'm sad to see that End of Watch got snubbed. Michael Pena deserved a Best Supporting Actor nom... if you disagree with me, then watch the film.

Pena and Gyllenhaal deserved recognition for End of Watch imo.

It seems like Dredd and End of Watch were the two most missed movies this year. And they both came out at the same time. Soon as it hits Blu Ray, i'll check it out.

(End of Watch did better then Dredd...but I didn't hear too much about it)

I didn't see a single movie that was nominated this year. Don't plan on it either.

Really? Why is that?

Amour was incredible!

I intend to see the following very shortly when they hit the UK

Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Django
Les Mis
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty

I haven't seen a single BP nominee this year :lol

Also I can't believe how far Bradley Cooper's come from being Sydney's best friend on Alias, to now being a best actor nominee. Out of all the actors on that show, he was the last one I thought would make it big.

The only one I've seen is Django Unchained and of the eight others I think there are only two that I really want to see but haven't had the chance yet (Lincoln & Zero Dark Thirty).

These are good:

130111b-les-mis.jpg

130111b-silver-linings-playbook.jpg

130111b-life-of-pi.jpg

130111b-lincoln.jpg

130111b-beasts-of-the-southern-wild.jpg

130111b-amour.jpg

130111b-argo.jpg

I'm going to go see ZDT this weekend, but of the ones on that list Lincoln is the winner easily.

Really? Why is that?

Amour was incredible!

I intend to see the following very shortly when they hit the UK

Beasts Of The Southern Wild
Django
Les Mis
Lincoln
Zero Dark Thirty

Not my thing. I go to the movies to be entertained. And my idea of entertainment isn't those movies. I will eventually see them, or at least some, but not at the theater.

Which is good, because then everything would be the same! :p I'l be honest, I'm not really a fan of movies like Amour either. It just makes me feel.....depressed.

Our definition of entertainment is obviously very different :lol

I won't go to a movie that will make me feel sad, or that has a big, heavy message in it. I can stay at home and watch that. I also usually won't go to dramas or comedies that I can see at home. I go to see bigger than life things, or things that will look awesome on the big screen. I want to laugh or get blown away basically. I wanna get lost in a movie, not sit there a cry through most of it. I have enough sadness in my life without paying to see more of it.

Golden Globes are coming up. Not going to watch them. Hopefully someone will post up on youtube the only parts that I want to see. :D

Back