Rancho Obi-Wan Group Tour Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just something I'm considering, for a job. ;)

Oddly, I could get a fantastic job out there as well in my (former) field. I had many customers out there... I heavily considered it, but I just didn't want to commit to being so far away. My friend met his wife there because of me (I hooked him up with a friend of another friend). I'd love to go visit them. It sounds awesome out there! If you amazingly move there, I'll come visit you.

A good plan... if he's still there.

Not sure of the area we'll be in if a rental car is needed, but I'm sure we can split costs on those and maybe double/triple up on some hotels to keep costs down.

Honey-Badger-Dont-Care.jpg

OK, I am going to propose November 2nd. If anyone has a problem with that, please state it by Tuesday, June 18. I advise looking at flights now (don't book anything! just check prices to make sure it is financially feasible). If for any reason there's a convention nearby driving rates up, then we'll look at November 9. I'm trying not to rub too close to Thanksgiving, so November 16 would be a last resort.

Anyone know what the closest airport is?

I'll contact Steve to confirm that date is available...

Here's what I found. It's unlikely anyone would use the first option. And both SF and Oakland are equidistant. I'm really hoping to be working in CA by then, and not have to fly.

The nearest major airport is Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport (STS / KSTS). This airport has domestic flights from Santa Rosa, California and is 25 miles from the center of Petaluma, CA.

Another major airport is San Francisco International Airport (SFO / KSFO), which has international and domestic flights from San Francisco, California and is 52 miles from Petaluma, CA.

Oakland International Airport (OAK / KOAK) has international and domestic flights from Oakland, California and is 52 miles from Petaluma, CA.

Back