Rainmans new project INTEREST: gang boy v2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you. I love Rainman's work and I would love to see him tackles some really challenging stuff like guys in armor where there is much more sculpted parts.

i made my post before all the madness happened I guess so I missed it, but yea i think the V2 trend has to stop. Tyler and Bill are exceptions because they each had 2 definite iconic, unique looks in those films, this one just doesn't qualify.

Even staying in the Kubrick realm, how great would a cloaked Cruise from EWS look next to Alex and Jack? or a full spacesuit bowman, or a Paths of Glory Kirk Douglas? Im not trying to wishlist characters here Im just illustrating how even within this one theme there's so much more room for variety

the same way MW is raising the bar with new types of outfits, like the bastard, Id like to see RM do the same. Or at the very least, even if it was from a film i wasnt a fan of, a NEW character that hasn't been attempted yet. Theres so many out there folks!

Id buy it. But only it it includes the Popcicle- bent.

I think a record shop background is a must.

alex_1.jpg

Maybe real records in the front and a photo of the back of the shop behind it.

Last edited:
i made my post before all the madness happened I guess so I missed it, but yea i think the V2 trend has to stop. Tyler and Bill are exceptions because they each had 2 definite iconic, unique looks in those films, this one just doesn't qualify.

Even staying in the Kubrick realm, how great would a cloaked Cruise from EWS look next to Alex and Jack? or a full spacesuit bowman, or a Paths of Glory Kirk Douglas? Im not trying to wishlist characters here Im just illustrating how even within this one theme there's so much more room for variety

the same way MW is raising the bar with new types of outfits, like the bastard, Id like to see RM do the same. Or at the very least, even if it was from a film i wasnt a fan of, a NEW character that hasn't been attempted yet. Theres so many out there folks!

Well said brother! :duff

Huge Kubrick fan, obviously

Huge Rainman fan, have DeLarge represented on the shelf with Rainmans V1 head

However, not interested in this look. No doubt the outfit is very unique, purple long coat with snakeskin. Would much rather see Rainman tackle something else.

I think Rainman is going to find a way to make this version very interesting. That's what got me very curious about it.

Also, Rainmans sculpting abilities have gotten increasingly better since v1 was released. I think Alex legitimately needs an upgrade and I think he can draw out more realism from a fresh attempt at it again.

I've had my issues before with re-visiting characters but I think things are much different nowadays. If Rainman's got a curiosity to revisit this then let him have at it.

I think Rainman is going to find a way to make this version very interesting. That's what got me very curious about it.

Also, Rainmans sculpting abilities have gotten increasingly better since v1 was released. I think Alex legitimately needs an upgrade and I think he can draw out more realism from a fresh attempt at it again.

I've had my issues before with re-visiting characters but I think things are much different nowadays. If Rainman's got a curiosity to revisit this then let him have at it.

I agree with this, I think he could nail McDowell's likeness to a tee now, his first saw still very cool!

What about the snakeskin pattern on the lapels? They would have to be printed most likely, and I know you had issues with the printing on Bill's V2 vest?

I know for sure Yunsil would probably use the same fabric as Wonka and Bills coats. That would be kind of boring so I hope they atleast attempt to try somthing different. As for the snakeskin print, I think it would look better than the printed vest because it's just basically black and white and the snakeskin pattern would have to be seen very clearly. If they could somehow incorporate a process similar to the material they used for Anton's boots that would be cool. But I think Yunsil can manage to work it with like a shiny material with a snakeskin print on it.

The reason why Bills vest threw me off is because I still feel it's the wrong color. I didn't have any opinion about the print other than to say I wonder what an embroidered version of it would look like if that were even possible in that scale.

Last edited:
If he shall build it, they will come...

All of those I will pass, will give a second look if it is knocked out of the park. Everybody wanted taxi driver, but the after market sales were numerous. If rainman wants to do it, let him, the rest can save there money for the next figure. Think of it as a tune up for the next figure, lol.

If he shall build it, they will come...

All of those I will pass, will give a second look if it is knocked out of the park. Everybody wanted taxi driver, but the after market sales were numerous. If rainman wants to do it, let him, the rest can save there money for the next figure. Think of it as a tune up for the next figure, lol.

:lol

:duff

Just my opinion, but if Rainman were making 5-6 figures per year, most people wouldn't mind so much what the next figure was. But, since we are down to only a couple per year, the choice grabs the attention, sometimes very vocally, of all the RM followers.

Myself, I'm not interested in the figure at all and I do agree that there are many other choices I'd like to see. Hell, I'm still waiting to see a Johnny Ringo:pray:

Back