Gang Boy by Rainman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Nadsat. A mix of Russian and English slang.

Glad you enjoyed it.

That's pretty cool. I didn't know that.

The book is a joy. But some will find it impossible.

I loved the book. I would think it'd be easier to read the book after seeing the movie. You get an understanding of the lingo better from seeing actually said.

IMG_1113_zps802354ac.jpg

:yess: :yess: :yess:

The book is a joy. But some will find it impossible.

By the time I read the book I saw the movie so any times that I could've wrote the dictionary myself :lol. The book is great but I have to say don't really like the final chapter. I like where the movie ends because it leaves a lot of unanswered questions and the uncertainty of Alex's future is left up to the viewers imagination. The final chapter also answers one of the biggest questions that the movie asks, and while the answer makes sense and I agree, it's not the only answer and I like it left open ended as the movie does

Glad you got him. I spent a long time with my fullest this week in trying to see if he would make the collection purge. Love the source material, and think rainman paint and sculpting on this bad boy is amazing. I keep coming back to keep for now.

I think the book is an absolutely essential read. Regardless of weather or not folks like the final chapter, the bottom line is this is Burgess' story, and thats what he envisioned. If I recall he said something along the lines of "why bother telling a story if your main character is to remain stagnant, have no growth, and have no point" which is a classical english school of thought, not straying too far from fictional traditions

Whats most impressive, and amazing, is that the dude basically invented a language for this novel! and though your befuddled at the start, by the end of it, you've completely learned the language of Nadsat!

Anyone whos a fan of the film, read the book, if nothing else, you'll develop an entirely new level of appreciation for the film, and get a one of a kind literary experience!

I am interested to buy Alex DeLarge figure, if someone is interested in sale, please enter in contact. Thank you.

Back