Rainmans new project INTEREST: gang boy v2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cap'n Cook

Son of Krypton
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok ladies and germs, so I have spoken to Lee and he is quite keen to do a v2 Alex in his causal attire as seen here:

bd1782a03fec86627c139e4dedb60237_zpsdba8ff79.jpg

BUT he would like to know serious interested customers before 100% giving a green light. Please post accordingly.

This will follow after Torrance.

Cheers
Snake

Last edited:
in because I love Alex and clockwork and V1 is one of my favorites but damn, theres SO many others I'd choose first.

Really the white outfit is the only iconic alex look, but I would like to see him take a stab at Mcdowell's likeness

So many film and tv characters out there, he should try something new, especially this outfit, while cool does not say Clockwork Orange, but that's just me, I'd probably pass but who knows.

As much as I know Rainman would rock this, I want to see him take advantage of his talent, the majority of this figure is on Yunsil, that outfit. Id love to see Lee go in the direction of a character like he did with Stuart Little. Imagine Rainman doing something like Tom Cruise Last Samurai, Dave Bowman 2001, Mad Martigan Willow, a figure with a lot of sculpted items to show off Lee's talent. Maybe even an Anime character or Animation, was just watching Princess Mononoke, that'd be awesome, let's think outside the box. Idk that's just me.

A Clockwork Orange is one of my favorite movies from my early teen years. I missed v1(grabbed a sculpt in recast sale) and as much as I would love to add Alex in anyway, shape or form, I'm on the fence with this one. Yea, it'd look stunning but I think
I'm in agreement that after a v2 of Bill, the man should do a few new characters after Torrence. Something no one has touched yet. Clive Owen in King Arthur? Mickey Rourke as Marv? I'm really just trying to think of movie characters I haven't seen in my short time here. Whether anyone else has any other ideas, I'd love to hear some. Maybe Sheriff Bart and the Waco Kid? :)

100% Yes.

Although not the iconic look, the snakeskin jacket is such an unique take on the character that it will have a lot of presence on the shelf.

He really needs to revamp the sculpt though. That sculpt is in serious need of an upgrade. Not a lot of choices in the form of extra accessories so obviously the walking cane and I would also push for him to revisit the dancing Jesus statue as it tecnically was a Bedroom Prop where Alex ends up in that scene anyways .

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses so far guys. I will be pushing for an updated sculpt on this if it goes ahead.

Please can we keep any wishes/interest/ideas for new figures out of this thread and put into the designated rainman wishlist thread.

This is to gauge interest for this release from serious customers.

Thanks.
:peace

Very fair, snake :)

If Alex 2.0 is a go, def needs new sculpt. The evil starring look in 1.0, I don't think would fit here for this scene. Still needs a smirk though, but the sculpt will need to be new. Not just hair molded on. Rewatching the scene on YouTube, the quality is crap on my phone so I really can't elaborate much further. Going more off memory and it's been awhile since I've watched the film.

As for accessories, besides the cane, I don't know. Maybe a record bin? I believe the statue from his room was mentioned; that'd be cool too.

Could we get a Mel Gibson as mad max the road warrior, or a blade runner deckard so many other options out their that need to be done. Would just love to see something new.

Rainman is learning with Hot Toys, why do something 100% new, if i can mod one previous sculpt, order one 100% new outfit with somebody else and in the end make thousands of dollars? in a short time and in one more easy way

Thanks for the responses so far guys. I will be pushing for an updated sculpt on this if it goes ahead.

Please can we keep any wishes/interest/ideas for new figures out of this thread and put into the designated rainman wishlist thread.

This is to gauge interest for this release from serious customers.

Thanks.
:peace

You saved me from having to say it, but it seems they still don't listen :mad:

Very fair, snake :)

If Alex 2.0 is a go, def needs new sculpt. The evil starring look in 1.0, I don't think would fit here for this scene. Still needs a smirk though, but the sculpt will need to be new. Not just hair molded on. Rewatching the scene on YouTube, the quality is crap on my phone so I really can't elaborate much further. Going more off memory and it's been awhile since I've watched the film.

As for accessories, besides the cane, I don't know. Maybe a record bin? I believe the statue from his room was mentioned; that'd be cool too.

:lecture

Definitely want to see a complete new sculpt as well. I would be out of it was just a recycled sculpt.

As for accessories, I would like to see a rocket lollipop and 2001 vinyl, as well as the obvious cane :)

Last edited:
Pass for me. There's only one iconic look for this movie and it has already been done. Would like to see a whole new figure rather than another 2.0.

Back