Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

Absolutely mate I was just messing :peace

I think a few of us are trying :)

I know bud, just trying to make my point clear :duff

Rainman might not want to come out and say, "I can do it, but it would cost extra at this point in development."

I believe that's what everyone is already doing Marf. Many are trying to justify going for the fullset which is almost double the price. So its already expensive as it is, and the only incentive is Rainman's paintjob...yes its nice getting the cup but its not even accurate for the scene compared to adding the sweat feature so a lot of us are pleading to Rainman if he would change his mind.

Right, but his time is valuable, and he has already invested it in the development of the cup. So simply asking him to abandon the cup and spend additional time painting the sweat might not make sense from a business perspective. That's what I'm getting at :) Rainman has gone above and beyond before, but there are factors to consider.

Right, but his time is valuable, and he has already invested it in the development of the cup. So simply asking him to abandon the cup and spend additional time painting the sweat might not make sense from a business perspective. That's what I'm getting at :) Rainman has gone above and beyond before, but there are factors to consider.

Yes absolutely! This is the reason I have not mentioned the tin cup as I appreciate like you say the time already invested in it's development.

All I will say is I did kind of forsee this problem and raised my concerns with Rainman (This is before I even considered buying it, I did this purely for his and the collectors benefit). I know what ever decision he makes I will respect it.

I really dont think anyone is asking rainman to trade the cup for the sweat detail. I think its safe to say that if they would have had the option, they would rather have the sweat than the cup.
Marf, the thing is, the sweat detail is a HUGE HUGE incentive to go for a fullset. Its a big detail for the character, and basically, adding that feature would make it much easier, and would feel a lot better for adding the extra money to go for a full set, rather than just getting a cup.

As you said, Rainman has gone above and beyond before, and it would be greatly appreciated here, and would be another reason why he has many fans who love his work.

Last edited:

I really dont think anyone is asking rainman to trade the cup for the sweat detail. I think its safe to say that if they would have had the option, they would rather have the sweat than the cup.
Marf, the thing is, the sweat detail is a HUGE HUGE incentive to go for a fullset. Its a big detail for the character, and basically, adding that feature would make it much easier, and would feel a lot better for adding the extra money to go for a full set, rather than just getting a cup.
As you said, Rainman has gone above and beyond before, and it would be greatly appreciated here, and would be another reason why he has many fans who love his work.

I totally understand what you're saying, I really do :) I'm just saying at this point, it might be a little too much to ask for. That discussion (sweat vs cup) should have ideally taken place prior. But I truly hope that Rainman is able to oblige for you guys!

The other option I guess was to order the DX version and just to ask him kindly to put the sweat beads on the hat sculpt rather than the hatless one :dunno

The other option I guess was to order the DX version and just to ask him kindly to put the sweat beads on the hat sculpt rather than the hatless one :dunno

Lets continue to work out a way for everyone to get the sweat beads um'kay.;)

Edit: ah past tense.

I think this is where this is just getting more complicating and the more reason for him not to make changes when he gets presented with more options.

I think at this point, we should just plead for him to add that small detail for the fullset, and leave it at that. Hopefully, he will...
If he doesnt, then, it is what it is.
I think presenting him with more options is gonna complicate things more.
As he stated before, he tries to make everyone happy, but not everyone will because of options. Some people want this, others want that.
If we're all unanimous in this case and just not present him with more options, then the more likely that he may accept our plea.

Last edited:

Lets continue to work out a way for everyone to get the sweat beads um'kay.;)

Edit: ah past tense.

I think this is where this is just getting more complicating and the more reason for him not to make changes when he gets presented with more options.

I think at this point, we should just plead for him to add that small detail for the fullset, and leave it at that. Hopefully, he will...
If he doesnt, then, it is what it is.
I think presenting him with more options is gonna complicate things more.

I agree and of course this is the ideal solution, I was just spitballing :monkey3

Regardless of what happens, RM's art is still amazing and it will undoubtedly sell out, I have no doubts about that. I just know, personally I would probably bow out of a full set if it was not included. It really comes down to the fact that I have already SEEN it this way and gotten excited about it. Would have been different if it was just talked about as an option and not actually executed.

Being an artist myself, I will ultimately respect his artistic and business decisions, but it may count me out on making a purchase.

Regardless this topic has nothing to do with negativity. I think RM is an an incredible artist and he has brought some great characters to life, and will continue to do so. Hopefully he can find a way to make as many folks happy as possible, while maintaining a profit and keeping to his schedules.

To top things off it looks like he might not be offering clothing sets or unpainted head sculpts( Why is this? does anyone know) The sweat thing did not bother me as much before when I though I could buy those parts separately and have my own commissioned painter add the effect, but now it feels I have no choice but to pay almost double the price just to get the figure and it won't even have the sweat!:dunno

To top things off it looks like he might not be offering clothing sets or unpainted head sculpts( Why is this? does anyone know) The sweat thing did not bother me as much before when I though I could buy those parts separately and have my own commissioned painter add the effect, but now it feels I have no choice but to pay almost double the price just to get the figure and it won't even have the sweat!:dunno

Where did you get this information Calci?

This is news to me

The clothing sets used to go up for sale a few days after the fullsets went up.

Perhaps the case again.

Decal in the bag :yess:

So excited for this now :panic:

I think he has confused the non VIP sets, which say sold out until they go live.

Where did you get this information Calci?

This is news to me

Someone a few pages back said something along the line of "Rainman is still undecided about offering other sets such as clothing and clothing and head sets" I will dig up that post if I can, but I'm sure either yourself or Snake would have been informed if that was the case, but just to be sure can someone get conformation from rainman that the clothing set will indeed go up for sale later, I need to know this if I'm to skip the full set.

Looks like DX Version and Full Set are all sold out. Congrats to everyone who got one.

:clap

Seriously my stomach did a flip when I read this, part of me still wants that full set for some reason!:slap, I wonder how rainmans and Nathans paint apps measure up to each other?

O what body has Rainman got this on?

Last edited:
Back