Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

Here's what I would do. As Hot toy hands are pretty mush easy to switch out, I would just have a dedicated cigarette hand. In other words make it permanent by taking a relaxed left hand, heating it up with a blow dryer and super glue the finger and thumb onto a non-filter cigarette.

What I was planning to do. :duff

I just looked at the shots RM put on his site.
Looks fantastic, but Im on the fence because the Full-set head won't have the sweat beads. The issue is having seen it on the pics and then knowing the final won't have them. This one issue literally has me torn about pulling the trigger.

Like others I would trade the cup for the sweat application in a heartbeat. That small, tiny detail makes a world of difference for who the character was in the movie.

Is RM dead-set on no sweat on the standard full-set head?
I don't mind PMing my concern but if he has made his decision it may not be worth it.

Thoughts?

I have been speaking to Rainman about the sweat issue today.

May be getting somewhere....MAY. :duff

Thanks dude!
If we could convince him of that, for me it takes me off the undecided fence and makes pulling the trigger much easier. I know some talked about sending it off to a customizer, but for me, let's be honest, I'm not dropping $800 on a collectible and sending it to anyone, for any reason. It's just not going to happen. So what I get is what the final version will be in my personal collection.

Would love to get a reply in the next day or so, before we have to make our decisions.

I just looked at the shots RM put on his site.
Looks fantastic, but Im on the fence because the Full-set head won't have the sweat beads. The issue is having seen it on the pics and then knowing the final won't have them. This one issue literally has me torn about pulling the trigger.

Like others I would trade the cup for the sweat application in a heartbeat. That small, tiny detail makes a world of difference for who the character was in the movie.

Is RM dead-set on no sweat on the standard full-set head?
I don't mind PMing my concern but if he has made his decision it may not be worth it.

Thoughts?

It probably wouldnt hurt if you send him a PM asking for it also which was discussed several pages back. So far, its been unanimous that all the ones that want the full set is because of the sweat detail.

I hope he does change his mind. I sent him a PM telling him of course that this figure is magnificent as always, and I asked if he would re-consider.

He said thanks for the compliment, and he didnt say no about not making the fullset with sweat beads...So there's hope guys :pray:

Thanks dude!
If we could convince him of that, for me it takes me off the undecided fence and makes pulling the trigger much easier. I know some talked about sending it off to a customizer, but for me, let's be honest, I'm not dropping $800 on a collectible and sending it to anyone, for any reason. It's just not going to happen. So what I get is what the final version will be in my personal collection.

Would love to get a reply in the next day or so, before we have to make our decisions.

:goodpost:

I think Rainmans problem is time rather than the not wanting to do it. He always strives to meet his 4 week deadline. I think he realises that may be broken if he has to add sweat beads on all hat head sculpts.

I am sure I speak for everybody when I say I would not be in the least bit bothered if he took an extra 4 weeks to add them for us all.

Agreed there.

He also mentioned to me that the DX customers would not be happy. I stated that they are getting a completely different head which will look quite sick and sweaty. All that is needed is a few drops on the fullsets.

The 4 week deadline may be a business decision though, rather than a customer service decision. In order to keep the figures flowing out and the money flowing in. Rainman may need to produce x-amount of figures per year at x-price to stay sound, and going over throws that off. Although perhaps he can offset the extra time by increasing the cost?

Agreed there.

He also mentioned to me that the DX customers would not be happy. I stated that they are getting a completely different head which will look quite sick and sweaty. All that is needed is a few drops on the fullsets.

..or paint the dx sculpt a little sicker to be like how he was just before he collapsed, like in Teddy's avy, those red bags under his eyes would look awesome!

I'm not worried about time also, so if it needs to be delayed for a bit, I'm fine with that.
It really shouldnt take too long though in my opinion cause its not like the sculpt has to be tweaked or changed the material on the outfit. Its just taking a little bit more time adding the touch of sweat.

Just saying, if he doesn't feel like taking the time to explain why he cant logistically spend more time on the Doc sculpts, he may just leave them as is. At least if you expose and confront the issue, there's a better chance of getting what you want! :lecture :duff

Just saying, if he doesn't feel like taking the time to explain why he cant logistically spend more time on the Doc sculpts, he may just leave them as is. At least if you expose and confront the issue, there's a better chance of getting what you want! :lecture :duff

Absolutely mate I was just messing :peace

I think a few of us are trying :)

I believe that's what everyone is already doing Marf. Many are trying to justify going for the fullset which is almost double the price. So its already expensive as it is, and the only incentive is Rainman's paintjob...yes its nice getting the cup but its not even accurate for the scene compared to adding the sweat feature so a lot of us are pleading to Rainman if he would change his mind.

Back