Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

There has not been a release in the last couple years apart from niche releases like Hepburn or the mouse that hasn't had a clothing/head set, so I'm not sure where the worry is coming from. If Rainman is investing in the materials and getting the tailoring down, it stands to reason that he's gonna milk this to the extent he can (considering that these still have to be relatively limited to maintain part of his draw). As for the head cast, the same principle applies. The thing is sculpted, he's making casts. Why on earth wouldn't he sell the head separately and rake in significant profits by doing so?

What post are you referring to that is causing your concern, Calcifer? Seems like the full set listings have previously been listed on his site first, so I don't think this is new.

Listen I know they probably will be available as they are with all his other releases,it would be crazy not to sell those sets but I would still feel much better with conformation from Rainman rather then going along with the idea and skipping the full figure!:dunno I tried looking for that post earlier but I can't bloody find it! I will try again to dig it up and then you will see why it had me worried.

OK. You might wanna just send him a PM yourself. Seems there is some misunderstanding because folks are seeing the "sold out" indicator who aren't VIPs, which has led to more confusion and panic :lol

From the man himself, head and clothing sets will be made available

Thanks Teddy, and since i'm new to all this for further clarification - when it's said "Head and clothing sets" is the head painted?

You have a choice. You can get a clothing set with painted head by DF Studios or just pick up a clothing set with an unpainted head.

Will his unpainted sculpts come with the excess bit from the casting that would need to be removed? .. or was that just the case with Xenos Marty?

Will his unpainted sculpts come with the excess bit from the casting that would need to be removed? .. or was that just the case with Xenos Marty?

It always comes with the excess bit, that can't be avoided I am afraid.

Any painter will happily remove that in my experience and you will even know it existed.

That "excess bit" is the pour channel. You're buying an unfinished, not just unpainted, head. In this case, the hat and head will not be attached, and the tips of the mustache may be separate pieces as well. You could think of it as a very small garage kit. Requires minor modeling skills.

That "excess bit" is the pour channel. You're buying an unfinished, not just unpainted, head. In this case, the hat and head will not be attached, and the tips of the mustache may be separate pieces as well. You could think of it as a very small garage kit. Requires minor modeling skills.

I don't think this has the 'Bill' moustache :dunno

It looks like Doc's moustache is sculpted completely to the upper lip.

Edit: No I think your right Gruff, I think looking back at the pics he does have the same arrangement as Bill.

Well hopefully Nathan or whoever I end up commissioning to paint it has those minor modeling skills( I certainly won't be doing it!:lol) but I do know that painter like it when the hat and head are separate, it makes it easier for them to paint I believe.

Well hopefully Nathan or whoever I end up commissioning to paint it has those minor modeling skills( I certainly won't be doing it!:lol) but I do know that painter like it when the hat and head are separate, it makes it easier for them to paint I believe.

Can't believe your not in for a fullset :(

Can't believe your not in for a fullset :(

As much as I like the idea of having the full set, looking at it logically there is nothing about the full set that warrants paying the extra cash for it, I can get as good a paint job from another artists and I have no problem putting the figure together myself, I need to be able to afford Sebs Ror at the end of this month too, this will be my only rainman piece so in that sense it sucks that I'm skipping the full set but I know once it's in my collection all put together hopefully with a badass sweat effect I will be more then happy with it.

..all I need after both Ror and Doc is Big chiefs 10th Doctor and an updated Edward by hot toys and that will conclude my collection, but I will still continue to work on my David,Dexter,Indy and Breaking bad figures.

Last edited:

Nathan would have no problem removing the pour channel tab, his skills far exceed the task. Like asking a brain surgeon to cut your steak. And he will nail the sweat effect :lecture

Nathan would have no problem removing the pour channel tab, his skills far exceed the task. Like asking a brain surgeon to cut your steak. And he will nail the sweat effect :lecture

Sorry new to the boards and this world of custom figures....who is Nathan? Can someone provide a link?

Back