Rainmans Dr. Huckleberry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainmans New Project: Dr. Huckleberry

It will be a beautifully crafted figure indeed, but I can't even remember the last time I saw this film on syndicated Television! This certainly was not overall the most popular choice, and NOW the talk of making a Trio? Well that just seems a bit selfish. Other voices need to be heard is all Im saying.

This is gonna be an awesome piece. I may just have to jump on this one.

As per it not being an "iconic" character I disagree. As per Bateman, are you referring to Chrstian Bale's Patrick Bateman from "American Pycho"? If so, I guess we have a different definition of the word "iconic".

Eric

It will be a beautifully crafted figure indeed, but I can't even remember the last time I saw this film on syndicated Television! This certainly was not overall the most popular choice, and NOW the talk of making a Trio? Well that just seems a bit selfish. Other voices need to be heard is all Im saying.

It's rainmans choice.

He loves westerns and, having done the GBU already, the next logical choice for great western characters is tombstone.

i disagree i think this is a awesome choice and if you watch this movie this guy stole the show and is iconic in every way.. i'll be your huckleberry!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll be keeping my eye on this one.

So because it's not on syndicated television it's not popular??? I see it on HBO all the time. Oh, I guess HBO doesn't count???

Eric

i disagree i think this is a awesome choice and if you watch this movie this guy stole the show and is iconic in every way.. i'll be your huckleberry!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll be keeping my eye on this one.

EXACTLY!!!

Eric

Well, I'm glad we can finally get it done and get passed it.

@Eric: They also play Mr. Mom on HBO on a regular basis, but nobodys screaming for that to be made!

Regardless, congrats to all who have been waiting for this one, EVERYONE....deserves a chance!

Last edited:

Nobody has ever tried to stop you talking to him :dunno

Again this is not about popular choices etc. It is about suggestions put forward, then Rainman decides what he wants to make. It really is that simple. Nobody here forces Rainmans hand I can assure you of that!

"American Pycho"?

American Psycho is a cult classic. I'm not sure Tombstone ever had the status. I wouldn't even consider it a top western film. But then again who am I? :lol. Kilmer did an awesome job on Holliday, but that's pretty well the only thing it's remembered for. That or Russell doing a terrible Earp :lol

Cast in metal maybe?!?!

Epic!!!

800px-Tomb-coltlight1.jpg

:lol

Is Rainman your personal figure maker?

Some of the responses in here are ridiculous. People don't get exactly what they want and immediately start with the sour grapes posts. :cuckoo:

:lol

Is Rainman your personal figure maker?

Some of the responses in here are ridiculous. People don't get exactly what they want and immediately start with the sour grapes posts. :cuckoo:

That's Exactly the question I'd like to ask some!!
We're talking a trio here being made. Out of ALL the trios on Planet Earth, Tombstone? No consideration for a different Genre like um' oh
I don't know maybe GOODFELLAS. I can easily round up 20+ people for Rainman figures based on my suggestions alone, so why are you taking shots at me! So you're
saying that I can't even express the opinion that I'm not interested in this figure. Go back a few pages and get an overall feel about others opinions on it. GET REAL!

Last edited:

He's 'taking shots' at you because you are acting so deserving I guess.

People suggest a lot of choices to rainman for figure wants on every next release. I always send him a handful of iconic pieces, some random suggestions from people here and also a personal choice too. Rainman then decides what he would like to make from the suggestions.

Then people start whinging when it is not 'their choice'.

Also, where has all this 'trio' talk from you started from? The only post I can see is teddy saying he would love other characters from the film? :dunno

If you are that desperate for something or angry it hasn't yet been picked, save up and try to private commission rainman maybe but let's keep this new thread argument free for now please.

:peace:

He's 'taking shots' at you because you are acting so deserving I guess.

People suggest a lot of choices to rainman for figure wants on every next release. I always send him a handful of iconic pieces, some random suggestions from people here and also a personal choice too. Rainman then decides what he would like to make from the suggestions.

Then people start whinging when it is not 'their choice'.

Also, where has all this 'trio' talk from you started from? The only post I can see is teddy saying he would love other characters from the film? :dunno

If you are that desperate for something or angry it hasn't yet been picked, save up and try to private commission rainman maybe but let's keep this new thread argument free for now please.

:peace:

I have two private commissions from rainman of figures that you desperately wanted, and yes... you could get lucky enough with that IF he decides to say yes. I love my commission Durden and other unnamed piece.

But facts are, for you to say, "you are acting so deserving I guess." That's the pot calling the kettle black, if I ever seen it. So... onward to Huckleberry. It's going to be stunning and surely a beautiful piece from rainman...

The fella' who wanted it... enjoy. :lol

Agreed. Odd choice.
No less odd than some others he's done IMO. It isn't like Bill the Butcher is one of the great iconic characters of film. Or Oldman from the Professional. They're just great, memorable performances. Some more interesting looking than others, but most aren't really worthy of mass release because they don't look interesting enough to sell to Joe Predator fan.

Rainman decides what he wants to make. It really is that simple.
That's the truth. And if I'll be honest, I felt a bit dirty starting up a Rainman wishlist thread, but who knows? Maybe it helped compel him to make Marty McFly's outfit/accessories. And if so, then YOU'RE ALL WELCOME. :lol

It's rainmans choice.

He loves westerns and, having done the GBU already, the next logical choice for great western characters is tombstone.
Wellllll. . .being a fan of westerns, I'll have to disagree with you on that one. The greatest western star of all is arguably John Wayne (if not Eastwood). And after Blondie, I would argue that the most iconic western character has to be Will Kane from High Noon. Then there's Alan Ladd as Shane, which is also way up on that list. Even in terms of westerns over the last 20 years or so I don't think Tombstone can touch Unforgiven. And if we're going for interesting looking characters, how about western staple Jack Elam, who was in what I believe is Sergio Leone's greatest western Once Upon A Time in the West? If we're talking about ensemble performances, you've gotta put the Magnificent Seven and the Wild Bunch much much higher than Tombstone. And this is just scratching the surface.

But anyway, as has been stated, Rainman does as he pleases. And we're just fortunate to be able to watch and enjoy. But I would respectfully disagree about Tombstone being the next logical western choice after the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

It's rainmans choice.

Characters is plural...Aren't you from the UK.

Again congrats too all of those who are going to Shell Out $800 for this figure, but money talks so unless your prepared to put this on your shelves, What are you sayin?

Yes I am from UK. Have a housepoint.

I said 'the next logical choice for characters' indicating that tombstone is a great choice for characters to choose from, and he has chosen one. I never said there would be more figures. In fact I said that in my OP.

Characters is plural...Aren't you from the UK.
From my reading, the implication is that Snake thinks the cast of Tombstone is most worthy of figure treatment after the Leone film. Note that it is being referred to as a film, and compared to another film, not specific characters.

--edit: what he said --

Back