Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed.

The reasoning they gave is, the film, like most QT flicks, has a good amount of humor. And them being black, were offended at the white people laughing.

So I don't know.

They also didn't care for Inglorious Basterds, which I enjoyed.

That being said, one of my favorite critic groups did not like the film, mostly for some real reasons, and the main one being they say the N word a 104 times.

But still excited to see this later.

Who actually sits there and counts the number of times the N word is used in a film? What’s the point? One time is too many for some, but let’s be realistic about the period and the context. That’s what many black folks in the South were called by whites in and out of power and control. I accept that and I deal with it accordingly.

Pretty much. This is one of those rarest of occasions where we agree (must be something in the egg nog). I lost all respect for Spike Lee when the ********* sued SpikeTV for trying to capitalize off of his name. :lol

Spike Lee is so obnoxious and hypocrit for jumping on Tarantino, Do the right thing had every racial slur in the book.

Indeed.

The reasoning they gave is, the film, like most QT flicks, has a good amount of humor. And them being black, were offended at the white people laughing.

So I don't know.

They also didn't care for Inglorious Basterds, which I enjoyed.

Too damn bad; everybody has a right to laugh. It's a work of fiction, and, if something is funny, people are allowed to laugh at it, regardless of skin color. On a more positive note, I saw a matinee at noon, and it was amazing. Django Unchained was one of my favorite films of 2012, and I'm going to see it a second time with friends tomorrow.

Seeing it in a few hours. Gonna play this all the way to the theater.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_OiUURbYlQ[/ame]

I'll be seeing this tomorrow, looking forward to it.

I don't mind hearing the N word and I'm looking forward to seeing Ray Charles, er, I mean Electro play a white Italian character (close enough).

Not sure why anyone is surprised, pulp fiction has quite a few N bombs, hell, from Tarantino himself. This one is a period piece though, so who cares.

Spike Lee is so obnoxious and hypocrit for jumping on Tarantino, Do the right thing had every racial slur in the book.

yeah that rant scene where every slang for every race alone was pretty bad.

Spike Lee always does this, kinda hard to take him seriously when she is always going after something or someone but he himself did that in the movie.

I'll be seeing this tomorrow, looking forward to it.

I don't mind hearing the N word and I'm looking forward to seeing Ray Charles, er, I mean Electro play a white Italian character (close enough).

Not sure why anyone is surprised, pulp fiction has quite a few N bombs, hell, from Tarantino himself. This one is a period piece though, so who cares.

I think it's because it passes the 100 mark. 100 is a lot.

So I don't know.

"I don't know." You've said that in every Django thread that you've been in. Who cares? It's a movie. We watch movies with the word "****" in them thousands of times, and we don't bat an eye, but this one has a racially insensitive term and suddenly, you don't know? It's a movie, dude. Whether it's one time or one hundred, you shouldn't let a word, or somebody else's opinion about that word's inclusion cloud your own enjoyment of the flick.

It doesn't. Why do you think i'm talking about me? People are getting pissed about this movie, and it's a worthy discussion. More worthy, and important then "Is batman's voice stupid?"

It's not just a word. While it means nothing to me, being a middle class white kid....doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything.

Im seeing this flick in 2 hours. I have no doubt I will enjoy it. But I also have no doubt that i'll find it excessive in that regard. Period piece or not. Even too many ****s can get tiresome.

I don't know, because I'm not black, I don't have any real honest 100% genuine opinions on it. I may have feelings toward it, but once again, I...don't...know.

So chill the hell out, it's Christmas, and this is an important topic. :lol

"I don't know." You've said that in every Django thread that you've been in. Who cares? It's a movie. We watch movies with the word "****" in them thousands of times, and we don't bat an eye, but this one has a racially insensitive term and suddenly, you don't know? It's a movie, dude. Whether it's one time or one hundred, you shouldn't let a word, or somebody else's opinion about that word's inclusion cloud your own enjoyment of the flick.

The first few times I heard it on screen today made me cringe but after I heard it at about the 5th time, I just stopped caring and realized what time period this movie was set in. Is it just me or does anyone else find it Hilarious when Jackson says it?

People will write a lot about this film, no doubt, so I'll be brief. I'll just say it was funny, uncomfortable, horrific, bold and ultimately, thrilling. This is one of those movies where what you bring with you as a person is probably going to determine how you react to it, though I think a majority of people will be entertained. Although I'm not sure I'd rank it up there with his absolute best, its incredibly confident. But, other than a lull in momentum after the first hour (that, yes, he does overcome by the end) he makes it work. As a director he's always been good at pushing emotional buttons and juggling the aftermath expertly, and that's nothing to sneeze at given the subject matter. In the end, Django emerges another iconic character in Tarantino's long line of them.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma5YDX9kTdo&feature=share&list=UUKRigOdSBoq7RBPy9PR64zA[/ame]

I liked Pearl Harbor quite a bit, especially Kate Beckinsale.

Also liked the relationship between Affleck and Hartnett. That love triangle was actually a well thought out one. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember liking it, don't remember thinking it was crap. I thought it was better than his ****ing Transformers flicks anyway.

I liked Pearl Harbor quite a bit, especially Kate Beckinsale.

Also liked the relationship between Affleck and Hartnett. That love triangle was actually a well thought out one. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember liking it, don't remember thinking it was crap. I thought it was better than his ****ing Transformers flicks anyway.

It's really not better then Transformers.

Back