Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained'

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is. Its the only movie of his, and possibly Bad Boys, that you can go, yes that was actually good.

Everything else he's made is inbetween mediocre, or crap, and ****.

Just finished watching DJANGO "Unchained".....So Awesome! Tarantino just keeps getting better and better! This film was done very intelligently and is extremely effective in drawing out the audiences different emotions and reactions. The Phrenology Scene with Leo Dicaprio "Candie" was genius. You could really feel that vicious anger and evil nature of Candie. Everyone's performance was absolutely Brilliant! :clap

Spoiler Spoiler:

franco-nero-django-178342__span.jpg

Last edited:
It doesn't. Why do you think i'm talking about me? People are getting pissed about this movie, and it's a worthy discussion. More worthy, and important then "Is batman's voice stupid?"

It's not just a word. While it means nothing to me, being a middle class white kid....doesn't mean it doesn't mean anything.

Im seeing this flick in 2 hours. I have no doubt I will enjoy it. But I also have no doubt that i'll find it excessive in that regard. Period piece or not. Even too many ****s can get tiresome.

I don't know, because I'm not black, I don't have any real honest 100% genuine opinions on it. I may have feelings toward it, but once again, I...don't...know.

So chill the hell out, it's Christmas, and this is an important topic. :lol

I am chill, and no, it's not. Just like the Batman voice, with every new movie that comes out, there's always an uproar over what certain people are offended by. That's not to say the word isn't offensive; it is, but that doesn't mean it should be what we focus on. Particularly when it's a subject that no doubt has been visited on before, and when there's so much good to talk about. Speaking of which, by now, you've probably seen it, so what do you think? Oh, and Merry Christmas!

I liked Pearl Harbor quite a bit, especially Kate Beckinsale.

Also liked the relationship between Affleck and Hartnett. That love triangle was actually a well thought out one. It's been a while since I've seen it but I remember liking it, don't remember thinking it was crap. I thought it was better than his ****ing Transformers flicks anyway.
Can't say I've ever understood the hatred for Pearl Harbor. My wife and I have watched it a couple times and always enjoyed it.

That could be the second part of the Western trilogy that you want. It could be a "Northern" with Lewis as the villain and DiCaprio as the protagonist.:lecture

Just got back. I liked it overall...but man, I miss Sally Menke. She made his movies work. She's the glue that held everything together.

It had an incredible first half. Fun, funny, great dialoge, exciting acting. Great, great great. Then we meet Calvin Candie. And for the first 20 minutes of knowing him, I was like..."What's the problem? These scenes are interesting."

And then we got into the house. For me, that whole section didn't work. I don't know why, but something wasn't clicking. It wasn't as tension filled as the bar scene in Inglorious Basterds due to the "Does the German Officer know..or not?" angle he did. But with this? I knew Calvin didn't know a single thing. And that's all well and good, but there wasn't any tension until the dinner scene.

And after that, the movie won me back. Slowly. But eventually, I left happy. Jamie Foxx is the man. Easily my favorite character.

Just wish the

Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all. Good flick. Not great. Not the best. Not really my favorite Tarantino movie. But still above average.

Oh, and yeah, every N word was like someone spritsing water in my face. It doesn't hurt me, or really bother me, but I felt it. And my god, it should've been toned down. But whatever, hate me for that. Just was a bit too much. But thankfully, my audience wasn't like the one that the critics I like saw. They laughed when they should've. Not any time they said a naughty word, such as they claimed.

But. Onto things I loved. Jamie Foxx, as I said. He was a great hero. I was rooting for him since the opening titles.

Really enjoyed the violence, or at least the shooting violence. And I admire Tarantino for using restraint on certain scenes. If he would've shot those scenes any other way, they would turn out somewhat comical and over the top. Losing any real impact.

Samuel L Jackson is great as Stephen. Man. He can play a cold bastard so well. And I mean really cold. And of course, DiCaprio, always a pleasure. Really enjoyed his character. Especially toward the end.

Best line of the movie.

"Say goodbye to Ms. Laura."

:lol goddamn!

Last edited:
But. Onto things I loved. Jamie Foxx, as I said. He was a great hero. I was rooting for him since the opening titles.

Really enjoyed the violence, or at least the shooting violence. And I admire Tarantino for using restraint on certain scenes. If he would've shot those scenes any other way, they would turn out somewhat comical and over the top. Losing any real impact.

Samuel L Jackson is great as Stephen. Man. He can play a cold bastard so well. And I mean really cold. And of course, DiCaprio, always a pleasure. Really enjoyed his character. Especially toward the end.

Best line of the movie.

"Say goodbye to Ms. Laura."

:lol goddamn!

Yeah, the execution of that (no pun intended) was great. I knew it was coming (not from spoilers or anything, but you could tell where he was going with it), but it was certainly something. That soundtrack was amazing, too.

The Klan meeting was great. But that 'goodbye' was my favorite moment.

Also, horrible accent aside, Quentin's cameo. :lol

That was something. I particularly liked how it displayed how cunning Django was. I'm a Walton Goggins fan, so I liked Billy Crash. I didn't like him, but I liked the way he and Django interacted; he made a good villain. I still keep going back to the Klan scene, though. I'd be lying if I said that I thought that wouldn't go down as one of those iconic Tarantino scenes. It's right up there with the "tips" discussion from Reservoir Dogs in that it shows just how good Tarantino is with dialogue. It's not exactly a short scene, and the fact that he can keep the joke going for that long without it getting stale is a testament to his ability; I literally had to wipe a tear from my eye by the time it was over.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJdwDpBbEcM&feature=share&list=UU7v3-2K1N84V67IF-WTRG-Q[/ame]

Just got back. I liked it overall...but man, I miss Sally Menke. She made his movies work. She's the glue that held everything together.

It had an incredible first half. Fun, funny, great dialoge, exciting acting. Great, great great. Then we meet Calvin Candie. And for the first 20 minutes of knowing him, I was like..."What's the problem? These scenes are interesting."

And then we got into the house. For me, that whole section didn't work. I don't know why, but something wasn't clicking. It wasn't as tension filled as the bar scene in Inglorious Basterds due to the "Does the German Officer know..or not?" angle he did. But with this? I knew Calvin didn't know a single thing. And that's all well and good, but there wasn't any tension until the dinner scene.

And after that, the movie won me back. Slowly. But eventually, I left happy. Jamie Foxx is the man. Easily my favorite character.

Just wish the

Spoiler Spoiler:

All in all. Good flick. Not great. Not the best. Not really my favorite Tarantino movie. But still above average.

Oh, and yeah, every N word was like someone spritsing water in my face. It doesn't hurt me, or really bother me, but I felt it. And my god, it should've been toned down. But whatever, hate me for that. Just was a bit too much. But thankfully, my audience wasn't like the one that the critics I like saw. They laughed when they should've. Not any time they said a naughty word, such as they claimed.

The Oozinator?
[ame]https://youtu.be/YdAIt4MgnHc[/ame]

Did Japanese people rage when Pearl Harbor was released?

UGH. Do we even have to mention this movie and the man who made it, in this thread? lol Makes me want to throw up.
That movie was just Armageddon, with real facts. Bad acting, terrible dialogue, cheesy moments.
I can't stand how that guy makes movies. That movie with that subject matter should have been in better hands.

Back