PSP 2 Rumors

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I remember correctly, didn't Sony say that after the price reduction of the PS3 they actually were losing money on PS3s sold? They'll have to put this high if they want to make money on it.

They've actually been turning a profit on each PS3 sold since mid-2010. Granted, they haven't made back the ridiculous amount of money they hemorrhaged in the past 5 years, but they're finally making money instead of bleeding it.

Probably makes them think they can sell the PSP2 at a loss. 10 year plan.

They've actually been turning a profit on each PS3 sold since mid-2010. Granted, they haven't made back the ridiculous amount of money they hemorrhaged in the past 5 years, but they're finally making money instead of bleeding it.

Probably makes them think they can sell the PSP2 at a loss. 10 year plan.

They're still haven't made any money from the PS3 from what I understand. Even at the expensive price, when the PS3 first came out the cost to build one was more than what they were sold for. Same with the Xbox 360 (although Nintendo made $30 on each Wii at the beginning). Xbox has actually been making money for a couple years now, meaning that each console sold actually makes a profit and the profit they've made has covered their past losses.

However, with the PS3 Sony still hasn't made any money, in fact they've lost more money on the PS3 than they ever made on the PS2, which is why they are trying to get as much out of the PS3 as possible.

With this, even if it's really expensive, they'll probably be losing money for a while again. Remember, phones are actually really expensive, but since you get a phone contract you can pay $200 instead of $600

They're recouping losses slowly, and Sony hopes that the 10 year plan will work for them. I have my doubts. However, the important thing to note is that the PS3 is finally profitable for Sony. Each unit sold is money back in their pocket. Even if it's not financially significant considering that they're still a long way from making back the gigantic losses during the past 5 years, I think it's really an important showing for the execs and stockholders and Sony's image as a whole.

It'll be hilarious to hear how much money PSP2 and 3D TVs will cost them. I agree there's no way they'll be making money on the PSP2 within the first few years.

Iphones aren't that cheap. Why would you think something that's probably twice as powerful to be cheaper?

I would care to venture because the average gamer isn't willing to spend, 500, 600, or more on a portable gaming system.

Hell I get buy all 3 home consoles for that much. I hardly play my portable games now, these sit and collect dust. I don't see it being worth it.

Iphones aren't that cheap. Why would you think something that's probably twice as powerful to be cheaper?

The difference is that no one pays $600 for an iPhone and it's already been shown that Apple makes a hefty profit on each iPhone sold (w/contract or not). Sony will most likely sell the PSP2 at a considerable loss to stay competitive, keeping the price down.

I'm in for one at $300. Would have to think about it at $350, pass at $400.

I think all the hype about it being so expensive is BS honestly. SONY was loosing money on the PS3 the first years or so, so they might need to take the cut in hardware and bank on the system selling software.

Already this new system looks leagues better than the PSP.

The PSP despite some good games always felt half baked...the interface was weird, my system would always shut off and when I turned it on I alway had to reenter the date almost every damn time.

It was a pain.

Me too. What an annoying system flaw.

Hmm, never had any issues like that with my PSP 3000. When I first got it, I immediately realized how much more advanced it was than my DS Lite.

*Source: https://www.crunchgear.com/2011/01/27/sony-unveils-the-psp2/

psp21-620x465.jpg

psp2_2-620x465.jpg

psp2_3-620x465.jpg

psp2_4-620x465.jpg

*No more UMDs, Sony's solution to PSP piracy:
psp_media-620x465.jpg

*Official pics from Sony Japan
Picture-18.png

Picture-3-620x388.png

Picture-41.png

The short list of launch titles:
The list includes:

■Call of Duty
■Uncharted Portable
■Hot Shots Golf Next
■Killzone
■Wipe Out
■Resistance
■Monster Hunter
■Yakuza
■Gravity Daze
■Little Deviants

WTF, that sounds more like a phone name. whats wrong with PSP2, hell even NGP was catchy?

anyway looking at those pics up there, usually i would go for a black model but damn that white one is sexy!

Back