PS2 out sells PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The backwards comp issue is why I bought my 60 gig as soon as they put them on sale. :lecture

No problems with that here. :banana

I personally don't toss the Wii into this discussion because while its for gaming I look at it as simple gaming for the sake of just messing around. The PS3 is nice and the games I've played on it have looked awesome but it falls behind the 360 for the reason that have been stated (backwards compatibility, few great ex, etc.) so when it comes to gaming my money will go to my 360. I admit that one of the major reasons I bought the PS3 was to get a BR player and the movies look great playing on it so that made it worth it but its just not a the best gaming system right now.

Let me guess...the o.p is an Xbox fanboy...
No doubt Sony were arrogant enough to assume they'd arrive late and blow the opposition away...but they came too late and this generation of gaming has taken a shift in direction which they clearly didn't see coming...
Still, Sony has the best system and BR is awesome...^^^^ microsoft, i'm happy with my ps3 and wii

You first sentence cracks me up coming from a PS3 fan boy. I prefer the 360 but have PS3 and Wii. I am sorry if it was the 360 being out sold by the original xbox I would have posted the same thing. Its just funny no matter how you look at it that 2 1/2 years after releasing a new version of a gaming system that its being outsold by the old version.

An when you say Sony has the best system I assume you mean the PS2 not the PS3 which is the 6th best selling system.:D

Does sales matter to anyone that isn't a corporate executive? Regardless, against the Wii juggernaut, the sales of both the PS3 and 360 pales in comparison.

Xbox 360 is for games
PS3 is for watching blu rays
That said, I really enjoyed my two PS3 games: Uncharted and Rachet and Clank

You first sentence cracks me up coming from a PS3 fan boy. I prefer the 360 but have PS3 and Wii. I am sorry if it was the 360 being out sold by the original xbox I would have posted the same thing. Its just funny no matter how you look at it that 2 1/2 years after releasing a new version of a gaming system that its being outsold by the old version.

An when you say Sony has the best system I assume you mean the PS2 not the PS3 which is the 6th best selling system.:D

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:lol

I have yet to play a PS2 game on my PS3 that doesn't work. I got the MGS bundle and don't regret it.

The whole backwards compatibility thing, before I bought a PS3 was a huge issue for me, but since getting one, I don't miss it. I've played Vagrant Story and FF12 for a few hours each and that's it. I've had my PS3 for a year. I've moved on. Backwards compatibility is a non-issue.

PS3 backwards compatibility isn't an issue for me. I own 4 PS2s and don't plan on parting with any of them ;)

But the fact that the PS2 was backwards compatible with PS1 titles definitely helped with its original adoption rate. Something which the PS3 never completely had going for it. But the same could be said of Xbox title support with the Xbox 360.

But really after a point the backwards compatibility all becomes a moot point because folks either have the old consoles to play old games or they've just "moved on" as folks expressed here.

Both the PS3 and Xbox 360 have their exclusives and they both have their merits. And both have really strong cross platform support. I firmly believe that the greatest stumbling block for the PS3 is its current price. Even with the added value of blu-ray it needs to drop below the $300 price mark(i.e. MSRP $299.99).

I've only had my PS3 for a few weeks and the only reason I have it was because I was able to get it through Dell on a 48 sale for $299.99.

- TGM

Let me guess...the o.p is an Xbox fanboy...
No doubt Sony were arrogant enough to assume they'd arrive late and blow the opposition away...but they came too late and this generation of gaming has taken a shift in direction which they clearly didn't see coming...
Still, Sony has the best system and BR is awesome...^^^^ microsoft, i'm happy with my ps3 and wii

agreed!!!!!!

agreed!!!!!!

Too true. The PS3 is really coming into it's own, a few friends of mine got rid of their 360s for PS3s and have never been happier. When I started at work it was 2 to 1 with 360 winning now 5 months later, it's 3 to 2 to the PS3 winning.

More of use own PS3s and we love them. The no good games or blu-ray player only argument is null at this point and if someone still uses it they are bitter that the PS3 is finally being successful and putting up a fight. It doesn't look like it's slowing down either...:banana

Sales dont mean anything, it depends on if your system does what YOU want it to do and you are happy.

Sales project nothing but statistical bull^^^^

They dont make me regret buying my ps3 because im VERY happy with it.

Sales dont mean anything, it depends on if your system does what YOU want it to do and you are happy.

Sales project nothing but statistical bull^^^^

They dont make me regret buying my ps3 because im VERY happy with it.

Yep thats why I own them both. That makes my opinion count more than either side that only has one or the other IMO. I have also owned a WII but had to get rid of it. It bored me. 360 = winner so far. If Ps3 catches up, guess what? I don't care because I own one. If 360 fails, guess what? I don't care because I own a PS3.

If you are hardcore at gaming you WILL have all systems. Otherwise you are a NOOB when entering these childish debates. :peace

Yep thats why I own them both. That makes my opinion count more than either side that only has one or the other IMO. I have also owned a WII but had to get rid of it. It bored me. 360 = winner so far. If Ps3 catches up, guess what? I don't care because I own one. If 360 fails, guess what? I don't care because I own a PS3.

If you are hardcore at gaming you WILL have all systems. Otherwise you are a NOOB when entering these childish debates. :peace

Agreed most people on this forum are great none of that crap mine is better than yours rubbish! (anyone that does do that must have a mental age of about 10)

I own all 3 consoles and most of the old ones :rolleyes: i'll be honest my 360 gets far more usage as i prefer the pad and it has more of the games i like.

I mainly use my PS3 for watching blu-ray on my projector as it is one mighty fine blu-ray player i've had fun playing games like KZ2 Motorstorm and can't wait for Uncharted 2 it's going to be ace. If i had to pick one console to keep for me it would be 360 any day of the week i love it but that's not saying PS3 is crap.

Oh and there is no way either console is going to fail not a chance in hell. :lol

Agreed most people on this forum are great none of that crap mine is better than yours rubbish! (anyone that does do that must have a mental age of about 10)

I own all 3 consoles and most of the old ones :rolleyes: i'll be honest my 360 gets far more usage as i prefer the pad and it has more of the games i like.

I mainly use my PS3 for watching blu-ray on my projector as it is one mighty fine blu-ray player i've had fun playing games like KZ2 Motorstorm and can't wait for Uncharted 2 it's going to be ace. If i had to pick one console to keep for me it would be 360 any day of the week i love it but that's not saying PS3 is crap.

Oh and there is no way either console is going to fail not a chance in hell. :lol

I cannot wait for Drakes 2. I look forward to that game more than anything! :bow

Too true. The PS3 is really coming into it's own, a few friends of mine got rid of their 360s for PS3s and have never been happier. When I started at work it was 2 to 1 with 360 winning now 5 months later, it's 3 to 2 to the PS3 winning.

More of use own PS3s and we love them. The no good games or blu-ray player only argument is null at this point and if someone still uses it they are bitter that the PS3 is finally being successful and putting up a fight. It doesn't look like it's slowing down either...:banana

well add me to that list, that's exactly what I did!!! I don't regret one bit...

I own both so i don't care. Never had a 360 break yet nor has my PS3.

I read a while back that there was a demo coming soon wish it would hurry up can't wait to have a go of it. :banana

The online beta is coming next month. You can get the access code if you pre-order Infamous or if you're a Qore annual subscriber.

I love my PS3. It's great as a Blu-Ray Player, and I enjoy every game I have for it (19 and counting). If I miss a TV show I want to watch that I forgot to record on my DVR, I can watch it on my PS3 via Hulu on the PS3's web browser. I know I can do it on a regular PC, but watching the episodes on my big screen 1080 p HDTV is better than watching it on a PC screen.

My 360 RRODed after a year. I had it refurbed, but decided to sell it on Craigslist once I got it back. The guy I sold it to contacted me a month later saying it had RRODed (I let him know upfront that I was selling a refurbed 360). Looking to get another 360, but the only game I really miss is the Gears of War series.

I should have sold my Wii a LONG time ago when the iron was still hot. I bought it in May 2007 and I estimate that I have put less than 40 hours of gameplay in it. It just sits collecting dust.

Back