Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was that supposed to be taken seriously?

I sure as hell didn't! the first 2 series IIRC were decent, then 'earth war' I did not like the art design and the story started to take a silly turn IIRC. I think they went to some homeworld, supposedly of the space jockey's who were hunters of the xenos IIRC and could communicate telepathically and NEwt or Ripley (forget who) could communicate with them. Obviously all those stories are garbage now with Prometheus/Covenant.

Not as laughable as NECA releasin' tons of 90's VG based figures.

Those game and early kenner 'aliens' figures were laughable agreed. I had no interest then, and have no interest now in their re-release.

man just realized my comics have Newt as Newt and not "Billie" and Hicks as Hicks not Wilks. I got the first 3 series when they came out. Was just perusing online comic site and was wondering why Newt was being typed as Billie!

6.jpg

now that artwork I could live with in the second series, but this one in Earth War was just unforiveable imho...probably why I lost interest in keeping up with the subsequent series

7.jpg

I remember the first 6 issues didn't Ripley in it, some legal issue I suppose and then last page of 2nd series we get this-

98.jpg

I know it's comics but that was pretty laughable IMHO....

Been steering clear of this thread to avoid spoilers, and it seems it's safe now...

About the Dark Horse comics, I never really enjoyed them very much. I only stumbled upon them in the late 90's or early 00's, and I found the stories terribly convoluted. The artwork wasn't much better either.
I still have one of the original TPB's in black and white, that is simply called Aliens Book One, and that same one as Outbreak, in color, with Hicks and Newt changed to Wilks and Billie. I also have Nightmare Asylum, which has equally forgettable artwork, although the storyline makes a bit more sense. But there's no mention of the Space Jockey that stayed overlooking earth, as far as I can remember...
Then there's the Earth War or Female War books, can't remember exactly, but I do remember they didn't make much sense, continuity-wise with the two previous books.

All in all, I enjoy the loose stories much more.

It was a copyright thing IIRC, when I was a kid I used to think it was due to translation since I read it in Spanish, but nope.

And even as a kid that last panel made me cringe so bad.

You know that last panel is Blomkamp's wet dream for Ripley right there, what with his obsession with weapon tech and futuristic geekery.

Yup. I would also wager that certain story aspects from the comics are where he'd want to go with it as well. TBH in hindsight I really never thought of the story line as a continuation and overly enjoyable. It just sorta got silly. Stand alone one off. I actually enjoyed the first stand alone book Out of the Shadows more than these first three comic series.

Yup. I would also wager that certain story aspects from the comics are where he'd want to go with it as well. TBH in hindsight I really never thought of the story line as a continuation and overly enjoyable. It just sorta got silly. Stand alone one off. I actually enjoyed the first stand alone book Out of the Shadows more than these first three comic series.

I remember reading these back ages ago too when the Aliens comics were doing well enough to have regular series, and even then I thought that the idea was cool but something just did not click with me on them. I know I did enjoy some of the other series, such as the one where a doctor on a space station I think domesticates an Alien drone by combining it with mind control machinery - or was it he built a robot that looked like a drone in order to enter a hive undetected from the real ones ?

Then there was one I believe where they had Vaz sister ?

I haven't read that many Aliens comics, but among my favourites are:

Salvation
Labyrinth
Sacrifice
Alchemy

They're all great reads and each has a very distinct art. Plunkett's aliens in Labyrinth are among my favourite comics' aliens, and Corben's style works surprisingly well in Alchemy.

Right now I'm reading Defiance, and it's been a good read.

Notice they are all around the dinner table......

Which one has the Alien egg inside it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back