Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a summer tentpole release, Fox sure are taking their time with generating hype for this. I hope they're not adopting the JJ Abrams approach of less is more and question why the film suffers as a result.

You have a lot of catching up to do on your Alien lore.

BTW, that first notion of yours has been canon since 1979 (minus the Prometheus part).

I am sort of a very casual Alien follower.....so your correct.

I stopped really following it after the Dark Horse comic series ended...

Wouldn't mind a good read about alien lore thou if you have a suggestion......take it as a very laid back view of the films.....and I was serious , most film watcher know a hell of alot less then me!

I had no idea there was such a rich knowledge of the species from just the 2 decent films and the rest of the almost unwatchable crap they put out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

my bet is we will see a human give birth traditionally to the big chap.

image.jpg

When I say traditionally I mean via facehugger. Lol that post is definitely questionable. I just mean that the form of the chap, is due to the human host.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watching ALIEN and ALIENS again I couldn't help but think to Sigourney's comments about Neil Blomkamp's film erasing Alien 3 and A:Res and giving her character a "proper sendoff" as she put it. But the funny thing is if you really want her character to have the proper sendoff just erase A3 and AR *now* and don't replace them with anything. Cameron gave Ripley the proper sendoff 31 years ago. Many of us accepted that a long time ago. No need for any replacement sequels.

Last edited:
Watching ALIEN and ALIENS again I couldn't help but think to Sigourney's comments about Neil Blomkamp's film erasing Alien 3 and A:Res and giving her character a "proper sendoff" as she put it. But the funny thing is if you really want her character to have the proper sendoff just erase A3 and AR *now* and don't replace them with anything. Cameron gave Ripley the proper sendoff 31 years ago. Many of accepted that a long time ago. No need for any replacement sequels.

Pretty much. I mean what is a ''proper'' send off anyway? A happy ending? Aliens probably has as happy an ending as an Alien film should have - if you can even call it happy, the film was a massacre. Even when you think they're home free Bishop gets torn in half :lol

I can't help but have a curiosity about a film putting Ripley and Hicks together again but basically you nailed it. There doesn't really need to be anything else.

Pretty much. I mean what is a ''proper'' send off anyway? A happy ending? Aliens probably has as happy an ending as an Alien film should have - if you can even call it happy, the film was a massacre. Even when you think they're home free Bishop gets torn in half :lol

I can't help but have a curiosity about a film putting Ripley and Hicks together again but basically you nailed it. There doesn't really need to be anything else.

Yeah I have a curiosity about seeing Ripley and Hicks reunited just like I'm curious about the new Han Solo movie but I definitely don't feel like we need either one. I mean I suppose I'd understand them wanting to right the ship if they were *keeping* A3 and A:Res as canon. But if they're throwing them out the window? Well then ALIENS is your ending to the character right there. Done.

Yeah I have a curiosity about seeing Ripley and Hicks reunited just like I'm curious about the new Han Solo movie but I definitely don't feel like we need either one. I mean I suppose I'd understand them wanting to right the ship if they were *keeping* A3 and A:Res as canon. But if they're throwing them out the window? Well then ALIENS is your ending to the character right there. Done.

We're free to imagine a happy ever after for Ripley, Hicks and Newt. And Hicks wouldn't be deformed either - I don't know where the concept artists got the idea he was caught that badly by the acid.

A large part of why I've been into the idea of Alien 5 at all is just because I want to see Michael Biehn in a big film again. Cameron should at least put him in an Avatar film.

I suppose the only proper send off would be for Cameron to give us:

Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator vs. Naavi all fighting for control of the bridge of the Titanic with a race against time to steer it clear of the iceberg....how bad could it be!

Sulaco enters a temporal vortex en route back home, thereby bringing hicks/newt/rip and bishop to early 20th century where they book passage back to NY to find the long lost relative of Weyland family, the only viable ship being the Titanic.

Skynet in present time decides to send terminators back to early 20th century to perform the Titanic/Olympic insurance scam switch as the insurance payout will make Skynet a bazillionaire, thereby funding endless temporal excursions to alter the future by changing the past.

Then the Predator decided to take a vacation in Nova Scotia for a change of pace and scenery since being on safari on Pandora where they really grew to hate those flying beasts and annoying Naavi with their usb tails... and opted for a transatlantic cruise vs. direct landing approach.

Chaos ensues on the ship when the Predators decide to mix things up and let lose a few aliens because Predators don't like shuffleboard because the Naavi turn out to be really good at it and always win.

Once Hicks sees a terminator he crosses movie roles and becomes Kyle Reese and swears to protect Ripley even though he knows she's not Sarah Connor.

I suppose the only proper send off would be for Cameron to give us:

Aliens vs. Predator vs. Terminator vs. Naavi all fighting for control of the bridge of the Titanic with a race against time to steer it clear of the iceberg....how bad could it be!

Sulaco enters a temporal vortex en route back home, thereby bringing hicks/newt/rip and bishop to early 20th century where they book passage back to NY to find the long lost relative of Weyland family, the only viable ship being the Titanic.

Skynet in present time decides to send terminators back to early 20th century to perform the Titanic/Olympic insurance scam switch as the insurance payout will make Skynet a bazillionaire, thereby funding endless temporal excursions to alter the future by changing the past.

Then the Predator decided to take a vacation in Nova Scotia for a change of pace and scenery since being on safari on Pandora where they really grew to hate those flying beasts and annoying Naavi with their usb tails... and opted for a transatlantic cruise vs. direct landing approach.

Chaos ensues on the ship when the Predators decide to mix things up and let lose a few aliens because Predators don't like shuffleboard because the Naavi turn out to be really good at it and always win.

Once Hicks sees a terminator he crosses movie roles and becomes Kyle Reese and swears to protect Ripley even though he knows she's not Sarah Connor.

''Will there be titties?'' - Bill Hicks

I just love how small the "COVENANT" part is.
It's all about that sweet nostalgic "A L I E N".

:lol

Back