Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking forward to Covenant but that didn't feel like a sequence from a Ridley Scott film at all. Felt more like a cheap 80's knockoff like Deep Star Six or Leviathan. Danny McBride AND James Franco? Ugh. Apparently The Predator and Covenant are competing for the honor of having the worst ensemble cast.

Franco and McBride are fine for this type of flick.
they can take more seriously roles, didn't Franco win an Oscar for a serious role a few years back?

Franco and McBride are fine for this type of flick.
they can take more seriously roles, didn't Franco win an Oscar for a serious role a few years back?

Nominated for Best Actor oscar for 127 hours which was ok, but I still don't put him high in the acting circles with 'great' actors.

Nominated for Best Actor oscar for 127 hours which was ok, but I still don't put him high in the acting circles with 'great' actors.

Didn't he win something for Milk as well? Or was that Just Sean Penn?

Also- of course he's not in the high brow category, but the dude can act just fine.

They're fine actors, I just can't help but associate them with the stoner movies when they're sat there together.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I liked the scene, they had good chemistry. I'm looking forward to this more than the next Predator film that's for sure.

Ugh....that was poorly acted.
I disagree.

That's good acting, it's loose and natural like people just hanging out, talking over each other and everything, like the original (not sure if it counts as memba), it's not a demanding or complex scene but if there's a positive in that clip it's precisely the acting.

I disagree.

That's good acting, it's loose and natural like people just hanging out, talking over each other and everything, like the original (not sure if it counts as memba), it's not a demanding or complex scene but if there's a positive in that clip it's precisely the acting.

I know the South Park generation will disagree but I think the whole "memba" thing is dumb. There's no need to "rememba" anything that never went away in the first place.

Memba is just a dumb meme to reference the tendency of Hollywood to make movies stand on nothing but our nostalgia for a given brand.

Because typing nostalgia is just too tiresome.

I so not recognize any of those actors beside Franco. He is ok, just didn't know he had a part.

I liked him in the Stephen king series about JFK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I disagree.

No problem. It's still poor acting.

I just feel the acting is over done. Just my opinion. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I know the South Park generation will disagree but I think the whole "memba" thing is dumb. There's no need to "rememba" anything that never went away in the first place.

So you rememba when in da first Alien movie when everyone wuz sitting round da table eating an den da one guy started choking and den da alien burst out of his chest?

I memba dat too!

I just feel the acting is over done. Just my opinion.
Hmmm yeah I can see that, compared to the original there's definitely a bit of over acting.

But just a tiny bit, nothing as bad as Holloway so far and definitely below the average for big budget epic blockbusters.

Can't believe I remember that name.

Looking forward to this, but that clip was pretty poor IMO.
Stilted and cheesy acting. Hard to believe it's from the same man who directed that original iconic scene years ago.
Here's hoping it's not an indication of what the movie is like.

Back