Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mindful,%20Responsible%20Meat%20For%20The%20Table_1.jpg

Sneak peek tomorrow.

:dunno

Well shot and acted. ......but James Franco? When did I miss he would be in it........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This was good. I liked it a lot.

Just when I thought they were going that route and I was ready to roll my eyes so hard they would pop off their sockets, they turned it around :lol clever, they got me :lol

Yeah that was alright I guess. I wonder is this a 'good' David-type android like how Bishop was a good guy twist on Ash.

I like how Danny McBride was still being Danny McBride per usual. :lol

It'd be hilarious if Franco stashed Seth Rogan on-board. :lol

Last edited:
Ugh....that was poorly acted. Copy cat of Alien dinner tabke scene WITHOUT the alien.

I honestly don't have any hope for this. Fassbender now pulling a God awful America accent.. !

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I like how Danny McBride was still being Danny McBride per usual. [emoji38]

It'd be hilarious if Franco stashed Seth Rogan on-board. [emoji38]
Gotra say it concerned me seeing those two together in an Alien movie, I feel like they struggle to keep a straight face together. Like you say I was just waiting for Seth Rogen to pop out and for them all to roll a spliff.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's obvious that James Franco only have one scene left after this. So you guys can lean back and relax. (I have no problem with him myself).

I actually liked the chemistry of the crew, they look and feel like a bunch of colonists.
The scene is clearly meant to remind us of the Nostrum crew, but I didn't really care for the choking joke, it felt unnecessary to me.

ok, but in all seriousness, you're sending humans on a one way ticket to COLONIZE another world.....so you quite frankly have to send the token gay couple....

I know it's more for moral compassing and values in their new world, but at face value I have to laugh at that aspect of a gay couple on a terraforming mission!
Even the 'the food ain't that bad' line seemed forced and see what I mean about Waterston? Dry acting. I certainly hope that this was a quickly done marketing thing as if this is the overall direction 'tone' for ensemble scenes this movie is going to have some big problems....

I can't believe Ridley Scott made that.

Thank God it's not in the film and just for marketing.

That is correct, this is a mini 'prologue' sequence not in the actual movie, though it was directed by Luke Scott.
Similar to how they did the Peter Weyland TED2023 scene before the release of Prometheus as part of the viral marketing campaign.

This was good. I liked it a lot.

Just when I thought they were going that route and I was ready to roll my eyes so hard they would pop off their sockets, they turned it around :lol clever, they got me :lol

Yeah, I went into it the same way. I can't hate on it at all. Although it's a little on the nose for them being a pseudo Nostromo team... eh I can't really knock that either. There was great chemistry in Alien, and this might be more of the same. Brometheus just had a bunch of paper crew members.

That being said, I'll still keep my expectations in check.

Oh it generated quite a ruckus in here when we heard, I didn't mind, he's a good actor, he's just a ******.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm looking forward to Covenant but that didn't feel like a sequence from a Ridley Scott film at all. Felt more like a cheap 80's knockoff like Deep Star Six or Leviathan. Danny McBride AND James Franco? Ugh. Apparently The Predator and Covenant are competing for the honor of having the worst ensemble cast.

Back