Prime 1 Studio: Jurassic Park - T-Rex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is up on CC site now. Looks like they upgraded their website, in a way I can't say I like...

Why do you say this is not looking like the T. Rex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have recently discovered that the T. rex was covered in proto feathers on parts of its body.

Apparently all of the dinosaurs related to the T. rex, velociraptor included had proto feathers. Velociraptor was almost completely covered in feathers.

Last edited:
So you were looking to buy it as a dinosaur piece and not specifically a Jurassic Park collectible?

Reality is, being creatures we have limited info on them, all designs stand as models of the evolving knowledge, Winston's designs were worked on with paleontologists at the time and represent what people felt they looked like back in the early 90s.

So you were looking to buy it as a dinosaur piece and not specifically a Jurassic Park collectible?

Reality is, being creatures we have limited info on them, all designs stand as models of the evolving knowledge, Winston's designs were worked on with paleontologists at the time and represent what people felt they looked like back in the early 90s.

No, you’re right, I agree with you. Like I said, it’s just I already have a phantasy T Rex that will be in my collection in November that’s head is twice the size of this one. So I’m content. [emoji23]

Last edited:
6e0539270fdc270dfc8795edddeb592d.png

I know recently discovered that the T-rex had feathers, but i still prefer them without feathers since they were Jurassic Park franchise.

And I love Stan Winston's designs on the T-rex and raptors although they are not accurate to real things.

They have recently discovered that the T. rex was covered in proto feathers on parts of its body.
Source?

cc_Tyranno-skin-1Credit-Amanda-Kelley_16x9.jpg

wyrex-prep_0064_skin.jpg

Last time i checked, this fossilized T. rex skin proved it had scales on the belly and on the back.

People really are fighting for this feather thing to be in Jurassic Park. They are dinosaur clones aterall. The feathered raptors now just look like small chickens

Okay, now would be the perfect time for someone to re-upload that 90's Chicken Park Toy Commercial. I can't be the only one to remember it. It was a Kenner-esque commercial but all he dinos were replaced with toy chickens. Maybe it was part of some bizarre 90's TV program.

And no, it's definitely not the Weird Al Yankovic song playing a trick on my mind. Maybe it was from this.

I had pretty much been convinced that the T. rex was at the very least fuzzy. With finds such as Yutyrannus there is definitely a possibility. But, I listened to a youtube interview on a channel by AK Rex where he and paleoartist Joshua Ballze discuss the latest findings. In the 2:nd part they provide good evidence that the T. rex(at least)was scaly. The channel also has interviews with Dr. Thomas Carr. Very interesting if you are interested in Tyrannosaurs. :)

Back