Prime 1 Studio: Jurassic Park - T-Rex

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does this whole thing above has to do with the Prime 1 T-Rex statue? :p

Fortunately nothing. The Chaver just realized the movie T-rex isn't accurate to what is now accepted science. Different discussion from those who think the statue isn't accurate to the movie scene depicted here. In other words, this must be a total piece of crap, so don't buy it.:lol

Is it just me but the big diorama base takes away from the dino itself- much larger than the dino and I'd rather just have him and an elegant base to stand on. Still an impressive piece- two years away at least:gah:

Ordered IS version already so I’ll pass on this beast - plus I like the Rex standing on the Jeep better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me but the big diorama base takes away from the dino itself- much larger than the dino and I'd rather just have him and an elegant base to stand on. Still an impressive piece- two years away at least:gah:

It does.

This should be a stand alone piece with maybe it being on ground, nothing more.

I like the base. It is more impressive than just a rex walking on some ground. That kind of base works more for the Chronicle 1/5 where it is meant to be just the rex, but in motion it really needs more a substantive base.

177d3ef352e0c56f2b7a79c55ed2dacb.jpg

It’s was a big chicken with teeth man. Lol.

That's no true. The only big dinosaurs that had feathers were the velociraptor's family. The T-Rex had no feathers, to get it clear twice. That's a generic illustration from devianart.

But we are talking about a movie based Sci-fi dino that was sculpted by Prime 1. It's accurate enough.
Kermit the frog is also not slippery slimey right?

This is the famous T-rex mural from the Carnegie Museum in Pittsburgh. This statue looks nothing like it. PASS.
tQ0Lmka.jpg

I miss when Dinos stood up like that . But could care less. I think the feather thing is just silly.

I think this statue looks amazing. Better details than Iron Studios' version although that one has a sweet diorama. But I'm thinking if P1 show prototype pictures of that end scene T-Rex with the Raptors attacking it then that would take the cake. That would be the statue to get! Unless you plan to buy both this and that one.

Anybody pre-ordered this from Dan's?
I pre-ordered P1 Rexy and Indoraptor from him but today I received the refund and this:

I have just received word the manufacturer has been undergoing some restructuring that has caused widespread technical issues with their operation. Unfortunately, they are no longer able to guarantee availability of the 1:15 Tyrannosaurus or Indoraptor that you preordered. I am very sorry about this unexpected development, and I have issued a complete refund for your preorder. Please let me know if there is anything more I may do for you.

Thank you,

Dan
DansDinosaurs.com

Unfortunately, P1 Rexy's pre-order window is already closed on CC, Indoraptor has not been put on yet (or has it been sold out already?). Guess I'll have to email Heather and stand in the wishlist line again...

Anyone else received refunds from Dan's?

Anybody pre-ordered this from Dan's?
I pre-ordered P1 Rexy and Indoraptor from him but today I received the refund and this:

I have just received word the manufacturer has been undergoing some restructuring that has caused widespread technical issues with their operation. Unfortunately, they are no longer able to guarantee availability of the 1:15 Tyrannosaurus or Indoraptor that you preordered. I am very sorry about this unexpected development, and I have issued a complete refund for your preorder. Please let me know if there is anything more I may do for you.

Thank you,

Dan
DansDinosaurs.com

Unfortunately, P1 Rexy's pre-order window is already closed on CC, Indoraptor has not been put on yet (or has it been sold out already?). Guess I'll have to email Heather and stand in the wishlist line again...

Anyone else received refunds from Dan's?

That sucks. I kinda regret not pre-ordering the Rex but to have it on order and then have it cancelled after the cutoff is a real drag.

The Indoraptor is up on CC for order right now: https://chroniclecollectibles.com/collections/prime-1/products/indoraptor

Back