PREMIER TOYS 1/6 Leader of Marauders (The Humungus)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Humungus arrived.

Ever since the "Export customs inspection" in China I've been concerned what state he would be in after they presumably opened the box for a physical inspection.

However, it doesn't appear that they inspected him at all. :unsure:

IMG_2453.JPG

IMG_2454.JPG

IMG_2455.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG
IMG_2457.JPG
IMG_2458.JPG
IMG_2459.JPG
IMG_2460.JPG

Visually, the body isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Physically, the shoulder joints aren't very tight. Shaking the figure makes the arms shake back and forth. His left leg is 4 millimetres longer than his right, and at the moment I can't work out how to level them up.

He's also not as tall as originally stated. I make him out to be 33 cm in total, so about 32.6 cm without his boots (6' 5"). So still too tall by about 2.5".

I'll probably leave him as is, because he's going to be a background figure anyway.

Only realised while trying to equalise his legs that he has blood on and under his boots.

EDIT:

I think someone asked whether the cape could be removed without taking the sculpt off. I just tried and it does, quite easily, go over the collar and head.

That seemed safer than blindly pulling the sculpt off with the cape getting in the way, and risking breaking any of the mask straps.

Last edited:
Humungus arrived.

Ever since the "Export customs inspection" in China I've been concerned what state he would be in after they presumably opened the box for a physical inspection.

However, it doesn't appear that they inspected him at all. :unsure:

View attachment 688246

View attachment 688245

View attachment 688247

View attachment 688248View attachment 688249View attachment 688250View attachment 688251View attachment 688252

Visually, the body isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Physically, the shoulder joints aren't very tight. Shaking the figure makes the arms shake back and forth. His left leg is 4 millimetres longer than his right, and at the moment I can't work out how to level them up.

He's also not as tall as originally stated. I make him out to be 33 cm in total, so about 32.6 cm without his boots (6' 5"). So still too tall by about 2.5".

I'll probably leave him as is, because he's going to be a background figure anyway.

Only realised while trying to equalise his legs that he has blood on and under his boots.
Watch out for those silver studs they arenā€™t glued on very well

Mine finally arrived last night and cracked it open this morning. I immediately noticed some missing round studs on the harness, before I even touched it. So these things were falling off during boxingā€¦.. need to hunt some down now cause I didnā€™t see any loose in the box :cautious: Overall looks good, but I think a 35 body swap is on the horizon.
i would ask for replacements. usually they would provide a few. at least the cc toys nate came with extra studs.

Got mine yesterday as well as the M34 body. I get a big, muscular figure and my first reaction is to get his pants off.

In hindsight, the M35 would have been better, as the extra bulk of the legs makes a difference. Some of the straps had come unglued in the fitting process, so i'll glue them back once i get an M35 body.

I felt his head was sitting a little high, so modified the connector to sit lower. The plug was glued in by 2 spots of glue on the sides. I cut through with a scalpel and prised it out with a flat screwdriver.

hum001.jpg

I reduced the height of the flange by a half, about 4mm. The plug sits further into the head, so the head is lower. It's a good fit, so i didn't need to glue it.

hum002.jpg

There is a slight loss of neck movement, but it's not really an issue. The shorter neck makes him look even larger.

hum003.jpg

hum004.jpg

hum005.jpg

Still to repaint the mask, replace the boots for more flexible ones, add some red fabric to the gun case, where the gun sits and the little picture inside. Oh, and make his 6 wheeled truck.

Got mine yesterday as well as the M34 body. I get a big, muscular figure and my first reaction is to get his pants off.

In hindsight, the M35 would have been better, as the extra bulk of the legs makes a difference. Some of the straps had come unglued in the fitting process, so i'll glue them back once i get an M35 body.

I felt his head was sitting a little high, so modified the connector to sit lower. The plug was glued in by 2 spots of glue on the sides. I cut through with a scalpel and prised it out with a flat screwdriver.

hum001.jpg

I reduced the height of the flange by a half, about 4mm. The plug sits further into the head, so the head is lower. It's a good fit, so i didn't need to glue it.

hum002.jpg

There is a slight loss of neck movement, but it's not really an issue. The shorter neck makes him look even larger.

hum003.jpg

hum004.jpg

hum005.jpg

Still to repaint the mask, replace the boots for more flexible ones, add some red fabric to the gun case, where the gun sits and the little picture inside. Oh, and make his 6 wheeled truck.
And a perfect fit awesome work šŸ‘

The Premier body isn't bad but the thing I don't like is the big round shoulders. Makes it look toyish. That brown "cape" hides the shoulders, but then, I don't like the cape.

Clearly, the M35 is the way to go... especially now that Marine Boy has shown us a way to lower the head.

Looks good, Asta. Are you going to go M35...? I really don't want to spend another $90 on this figure but for an exposed body it does make the figure.

Quality control is certainly at a loss at Premier. Missing buttons. The random nature of the "hairing" on the head -- mine has a bundle of hair tucked inbetween the neck-brace and head strap. The bullets in the case -- mine had a full compliment of bullets in every row but I see others missing a row or more (in the movie I think the case had only 4-6 bullets left). No photo in the case. Again, mine has the whole cod piece hip-wear shifted oddly to one side. A figure like this should be ready to display right out of the box but in my case, I really need to redress him (hence considering the body swap while I'm at it).

Looks good, Asta. Are you going to go M35...? I really don't want to spend another $90 on this figure but for an exposed body it does make the figure.

The only change I might make is to test the Carthaginian body. I wouldn't buy a body specially for him as he's not a character I put much value in.

Quality control is certainly at a loss at Premier. Missing buttons. The random nature of the "hairing" on the head -- mine has a bundle of hair tucked inbetween the neck-brace and head strap. The bullets in the case -- mine had a full compliment of bullets in every row but I see others missing a row or more (in the movie I think the case had only 4-6 bullets left). No photo in the case. Again, mine has the whole cod piece hip-wear shifted oddly to one side. A figure like this should be ready to display right out of the box but in my case, I really need to redress him (hence considering the body swap while I'm at it).

So far I've only seen Premier cases with fourteen rounds in them.

The cod piece on mine was a little off centre. I just had to move one of the metal clips a bit to square it up.

So far I've only seen Premier cases with fourteen rounds in them.

The cod piece on mine was a little off centre. I just had to move one of the metal clips a bit to square it up.

Then its fairly easy to move? That's good to know. I left it alone for now until I learn more.

As to the bullets, here's what I got:

case 2-6-24.jpg

And sadly, here's the "hair" I got...

hair 2-6-24.jpg

Then its fairly easy to move? That's good to know. I left it alone for now until I learn more.

The metal clips are all removable, as per the body swap video posted before.

With mine I slid one along without taking it off.

As to the bullets, here's what I got:

View attachment 688314

They must've been trying to use them up!

The thing I did notice from photos is that they're roughly cast: squashed rather than round.

And sadly, here's the "hair" I got...

View attachment 688315

I guess you can pull out the excess and spread it around under the straps.

Going by the floppy arms on the body as well, it's evident that Premier did Humungus on the cheap.

Hope they put more effort into the HBO Last of Us figures they're releasing under the Toys Era brand.

They must've been trying to use them up!

The thing I did notice from photos is that they're roughly cast: squashed rather than round.

Going by the floppy arms on the body as well, it's evident that Premier did Humungus on the cheap.

Regarding the bullets, I also noticed the very first picture from ebay breakdown had a fully laden case of bullets as well. So it isn't just me.

I'll be curious to see this other body you mentioned, if it works.

Back