Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P1 and P2 are to of my top Preds form HT I have Berserker Falconer and Tracker... P1 and P2 just have a stand alone quality... Where as Berserker, Falconer and Tracker need to be displayed together to look really good... Ive noticed when ever I try to split the trio up they just look plain and yawn... Together though they are a trio not to ____ with...

:goodpost: :exactly: Yeah definitely, all three are amazing figures but when I just had Berserker & Falconer, you couldn't help feel like there's something missing. Same feeling I have when I'm looking at my Platoon figures :( I'm definitely with you with the P1 & P2. I've payed in full for my Classic, so all I want now is for HT to reissue them two & I'll be happy :)

Last edited:
my only complaint on this figure why do they insist on the crotch grabber stands the hip ones hold much much sturdier and you can set them up so they act as a safety incase the figure doesn't balance...... oh well another figure i'll Ebay the hip holders for

my only complaint on this figure why do they insist on the crotch grabber stands the hip ones hold much much sturdier and you can set them up so they act as a safety incase the figure doesn't balance...... oh well another figure i'll Ebay the hip holders for

I just switch the metal crotch part for a metal hip holder. The Sideshow ones fit right into the Hot Toys Stands.

I hate the waist grabbers - they really limit the way you can pose the figure on the stand - the way they force it to be so upright even to the point where it looks like the figure is doing a pelvic thrust. Plus the worry about scratching paint off a more prominent area (of the likes of a Predator)

I hate the waist grabbers - they really limit the way you can pose the figure on the stand - the way they force it to be so upright even to the point where it looks like the figure is doing a pelvic thrust. Plus the worry about scratching paint off a more prominent area (of the likes of a Predator)

So True!!! :exactly::goodpost:

Yeah, wasit grabbers are crap.

Already have several scratches in the paint on my Lost due to them.

Yes, you can get more extreme poses with them, but do you really want to pose your 200$ collectible in a way where his armor will bend and warp? Everytime I try a crazy pose, that's what happens.

Crotch ones are much easier to use, don't harm the figure, don't allow him to wobble..etc.

Oh, and the wasit ones always bend out of shape eventually.

The ball cuppers are the best. I could never get any of the waist ones around any Predator but wolf.

I like the waist-grabbers on my HT Predators, oddly enough. The thing you have to realize is you don't necessarily need to wrap it around the waist. With figures that tall, you can easily wrap it around a thigh, giving you more dynamic posing options, whereas the crotch stands require the figure to be centered.

I guess it depends on how you usually pose your figures. If it's a big line-up of pieces standing more or less straight (maybe a little bit of posing in the arms), then the waist-grabbers do have more cons than pros. If you try to go for a different look (say, making the figure appear to step onto the base), then you'll have some use for them.

I use both, but the AVP Predators especially benefit from the ring stands around their thighs since there's no way the crotch ones will fit behind their hard plastic butt-flap. Maybe if HT remakes them using softer plastic for those areas, that problem will be solved. Until then, rings FTW! :yess:

The Super Preds are very top heavy and can flip right off those crotch grabbers. They're the only Hot Toys I use waist grabbers. Just not worth taking the chance. Already broke one of Berserkers ankle pegs when he took a head dive.:gah:

The only figure I've had falling off a crotch stand is T:Salvation John Connor because of the bizarre way they sculpted his boots curling upwards at the toes - making him fall forward. Really annoying.

Nice discussion :) , now... I think we should ask them predators, 'cause you know... I ain't much for havin' a crotch grabbin' stand to keep me up, it may hurt the "stuff". :wave

Just kidding, sorry... :lol

The Super Preds are very top heavy and can flip right off those crotch grabbers. They're the only Hot Toys I use waist grabbers. Just not worth taking the chance. Already broke one of Berserkers ankle pegs when he took a head dive.:gah:
I would not dare use the crappy stands for the new bodies.

More delicate paint + thicker bodies = bigger problems

Never had any trouble using the nut clutchers.

Back