PREDATOR MAQUETTE!!...............$999.00

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Predator is a classic. It's a movie where everything is perfect. I love Arnold's one liners.

The whole team is great too. Dutch, Dillon, Mac, Billy, etc.

They just do not make movies like they used to.

Im sacrificing some so so orders to get him, I think he looks awesome and what was said on the price part was because how difficult he is to produce. The detail is suppose to be outstanding, plus you'll get a stand for the extra head to display so your actually getting a statue and a bust.:banana

When I first saw Sideshow's Internet picture of their 1/1 Predator bust, I thought it was nice enough to order. But it was not until I saw it in person that I relaized it is the greatest Sideshow piece to date in my opinion.

With that said, I would like to ask all of you who were lucky enough to see the Predator Maquetter in person to give their honest opinion on whether it is worth the ridiculous price Sideshow set for it.

Thanks!
Dave

I agree with Dave, the Cinemaquette of Predator for $1500 is not likely. Reason I say this because they had the Alien Cinemaquette from the first movie displayed and that looks more expensive than the Terminator stuff. The detail ( especially the tail ) and size of that thing is just twice as better compared to the endoskeleton. Now imagine the Predator from their line......it will take lots more detail for that one hence higher cost. Im pretty sure the height of it will be taller than the Terminator line as well, as was the Alien Cinamaquette. Im getting the SS Pred Exclusive Maquette with the Flex Pay option. Now that Ive seen it in person, here's my opinion, its worth every penny.

I thought the Predator head was impressive when I first saw it online and even more so in person. But I'm not a huge Predator fan so I really wasn't all that tempted by it. However the 1/4 scale (I won't call it a maquette, cause it really isn't) is far, far better - crazy detail and far and away superior to the bust in every way. Despite my non-Pred love, I'm getting him.

...and they don't pull these prices out of a hat. They aren't gouging on them. It's only as expensive as it needs to be to reach a specific profit point.

:thud :thud :thud You guys are making me want him so much more!! Im glad I ordered him, really enjoy hearing what you guys thought seeing them in person.

Dam straight, I carefully examined that thing and its detail, detail, and more DETAIL! :rock

I know I'ts the same hight as Sauron, but would you say I'ts a bigger statue.?

TB, a few of the Sideshow employees in chat said that Predator is slightly bigger than Sauron.

I think Sauron is 24" tall to the top of the spikes on his helmet whereas predator measures 24" to the top of his head

Do it you know you want to.....................Just push confirm then its all over, no more thinking no worring about it.

Well, looks like I'll after forget about it. He only ships from the U.S, shipping and tax, doesn't bare thinking about. :thud :(

I think I recall reading that the Predator maquette is only going to ship from the US, no matter how you order it.

B.

Well I went ahead and put my name down for one. :bonk I went with
the non pay-flex one, it says that one is shipping from the EU,
If that's not true though I can see my self cancelling, that and with
all the other stuff I have coming, this looks to be more desirable then
most of the other stuff though.

As someone who saw it in person at the Con, I will tell you it was by far the most impressive piece that Sideshow had on display at the Con. I have absolutly nothing else predator but I ordered this piece as soon as I got home from the con. You will not be sorry in the least, unless that is you fail to order it.

Jesse

Back