PREDATOR MAQUETTE!!...............$999.00

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The piece looks amazing, but a thousands dollars (no flexpay for europe) plus shipping and 17.5% VAT... 1300 bucks... pretty damn steep....

Well,

I believe the Sideshow 1/4 Terminator is also from Stan Winston Studios and should be labeled a maquette as well then....

It will be interesting to see how much the 1/3 Predator will be sold for from Cinemaquette.

Where is all the info on the new CINEMAQEUTTES???
Their website sucks!

What's the news on that new ARAGORN and their Indy? Or Predator? I thought they said that Predator and Alien were next, but with the SS PRedator....I wonder if they are holding off on their version for a while!??

It will be interesting to see how much the 1/3 Predator will be sold for from Cinemaquette.

If it's anything close to the SS price (within $200-$300), then I will most likely cancel the SS one.

However, it may end up being $1,500+, in which case I would get the SS one anyway. We also don't know if the Cinemaquette comes with the mask or not.

I'm pretty sure Cinemaquette with throw it in! Especially for $1200 - $1500!

Ok,

If it is under $1500 AND includes the mask, I will get the Cinemaquette for sure.

It HAS to have the mask for me to buy it though.

Just noticed the size. Wow! 24" high! That's a really nice large item! Ordered, didn't do flex pay but I'm thinking about that option. It would make it a little less painful overall, but I may just set aside the money starting in February and do my own "flex pay" option! As long as I have the willpower to do that, it's all good! :banana

The price is insane, the beast is amazing... I've been hoping for it so long, but this expensive, I dunno... :(

I like the piece alot, but at the point in the movie that this pose is from, he shouldnt have the shoulder cannon. I wish it was removable like the helmet.

It's my favorite movie. I'm alowed to be a nitpickey bastard.

Dang it! I ordered it too! It's a good thing my car payments finish in January! :rollin

It's not from a specific scene, but an idealized version. I'd rather it have the cannon than not.

And if you think the Cinemaquette version is going to be only $1500, I think your dreaming!

I think it's pretty clear that the pose is taken from the swamp scene when the Predator takes a swing at Ahnold after being hit in the face with a log. The cannon is never on his shoulder when his helmet is off in the first movie.

Doesnt matter though. The statue rocks.

I ordered one but its killing me that the damn thing is $1000. I mean Jesus, no discount and you have to pay full price just to get the mask. And to me the mask makes the statue.

Well, I'll definitely be saving my money, and I'll be getting
the Indiana Jones Cinemaquette with it. I just hope they
don't screw it up, like the did with Aragorn. :\

WOW!!:thud

This thing is awesome!! I'm still undecided though.:| $1000 is a lot of money. You could get 3 "regular" PE figures for that price. I might just preorder it and I can always cancel it later. I'd have to use the Flex Pay option which would mean a $20 cancelation fee if I did cancel but...it's just so AWESOME!!:google

What to do???:\

Check this out for a size comparison:

img10316pc2rv.jpg

This piece made me pop in my Predator DVD today, and watch it again for the first time in years. It's still pretty campy, (ie: "Stick Around") but I love all the 80's Arnie one-liners. The creature looks fantastic, and it is absolutely worth preserving in my collection, even at $1k.

Back