PREDATOR MAQUETTE!!...............$999.00

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Predator maquette

As you say the regular version is set at 1000, but will the regular version have a removable head ? you obviously will not have an interchangable helmet but in effect you have exactly the same statue but edition no's 1-300 will be duplicated, or will the exclusive go from 1-300 and the regular 301-1000 or 301-1300.
How have Sideshow got around this with other exclusive/regular version statues.

Esclusives are a whole different piece. They have their own 1-300 and then the regular versions will bee 1-1000. Bringing the total to 1300 pcs. The head will not be removable on the reg version I would have to bet.

Jesse

Predator maquette

Granted, the exclusiveness is the interchangeable head.
But why can't the regular edition be a masked fixed head edition.

This will allow owners of the bust to own a masked edition, if they've missed out on the exclusive.
It's obvious to me that most people will display the masked edition, therefore the exclusive interchangeable head should have been the un-masked version, thereby retaining the excusive badge, but allowing the majority to obtain a fixed masked version.

I think you're underestimating the popularity of the unmasked face. Personally, I prefer the unmasked (not that the masked version isn't cool). Just so much more detail and life in the piece, with the mask off (and I've always loved the design of the character).

I prefer the unmasked because of the detail. But i like the option of having both.

Mine will be displayed with the mask on for sure. I have always loved the look of the Predator, wearing the mask.

I will probably have the 1:1 bust as well to display him with mask off. :)

Man, I can't believe they will be shipping all 1300 of these(exclusive + the regular 1000..) in about 6-7 months.....with the size of him, plus the detail...they must be putting just about every other piece they got to do on hold..:lol That is, of course, if they manage to sell all 1000....and at $999.ooUS a pop...I suppose it could take a while...:D

Looks like the EU shipping problem has been answered..............shipping is FREE but you are responsible for import duties.

Anyone like to have a guess at what the import duty in the UK will be if customs get hold of it ?
Or even better, anyone know if theres a way of working it out ?

I'm guessing..........but i estimate £90 - £100

Also......price depends on the shipping company if it's fedex, they have virtually no admin charge..........but if it's USPS, then when parcelforce take it out of customs they'll charge £16.50 plus something more probably

They charge 21% here. So i could cost another couple of hundred. Does the free shipping include EU?

re

EDITION SIZES ANNOUNCED!

Terminator 2: Plasma Rifle #8311 (500 pieces)
Premium Format Predator Maquette #7143 (WAS 1,000 pieces, NOW 750 pieces)

Re: re

I would be real curious to know the reason for the decrease ES. Surely it has to be from some manufacturing standpoint as I had thought the demand was definitely there. Of course, I could be wrong.

Re: re

Oxbeard, I agree, I too think the demand would be there, but who knows? It is a high ticket item, and maybe SS is thinking that it's better to set the limit to get to a point where it WILL sell out so that when these ship, they ALL ship, instead of having some left and SS gets to figure out where to store all the unsold ones while waiting for more orders...

Just a guess, and admittedly not a very informed one, at that! :lol

predator bust

I've just cancelled my exclusive.

It's expensive as it is without having to fork out customs and additional shipping costs.

Winged Shadows- You do realize that there is no shipping fee charged on this item, right? Which means less VAT charges in the eu.

Best,
Chicky

Re: predator bust

Gee, The predator Maquette, being knocked down from 1,000 to 750.....Just shows ya, like the predator bust...There are not that many people in the world willing to pay over, say, $5-600, for a "high-end/price" movie collectable, and definitely not $1000US....I think the pre-orders for the normal predator, have been pretty slow, to say the least..even with free shipping thrown in.

For all those people, (if there are any...), out there who bought one, thinking that they will rise in value over the coming years...a.k.a The Balrog......Think again, I reckon, you'd be lucky to get your money back on these...even with the exclusive..I just hope there won't be too much difference between what Sideshow sold them at, and what the "market" will deem their value to be...Nothing more annoying than spending this much money on something, only to find later on, you could have bought it for, maybe, 2-300 dollars less..:bang2 , but that's how it goes in the big city, I guess:p You win some, you lose some...

Actually Chicky, I had no idea it was Free shipping until after I cancelled it! :dunno

I heard the maquette would ship from the US warehouse only (so I was thinking $200 shipping.. plus customs at anything up to $300! :eek )

Guess I'll just have ta try my luck on ebay... :bonk

Bad call WS,:\ good luck with getting one from ebay though you shouldn't have to much trouble.

Back