Badlands (Next Predator movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sigh. I really enjoyed Prey, against all odds, but they really need to just let the franchise go already. There's no mystery left to the Predator and he's been defeated by puny humans so often he barely feels like a threat anymore.

It's cool they're making a new Predator movie, but I'd preferred a different time period than the future. Although it could be quite cool, because I don't think we've actually seen that before. I'd say Predators was the most futuristic.

I still hope we'll someday see a WW1 Predator movie and it's about time the Predator wins for a change.

I was just thinking it's about time we see a Predator win for once. (Probably won't happen in this one though).
I mean, sure they shouldn't win always, otherwise we humans would be an easy hunt/kill and they wouldn't come to our planet anymore. But every once in a while one should be victorious (although not without a scratch) to prove that winning is possible and we are going to give them a good hunt.

I also love the idea of seeing them in different periods in history. Imagine a WWI type setting in these muddy, wet trenches where people are being hunted and killed. At first they blame the other side, but then slowly realise it can't be because no way someone could cross no man's land to gruesomely kill someone and happily walk back. Then they begin to suspect eachother making for some great psychological thriller, all the while the Predator keeping illusive and barely seen like in the original. During the movie the characters suspect something else is going on culminating in a final battle in which the Predator may actually win. Of course there will be a poor survivor on the human side who witnessed it all. Some previously injured character that didn't have a weapon and any fight in him. Gives a whole new meaning to Shellshock. Come to think of it, that could be the name of the movie.

Loved Prey and I am looking forward to another offering on the same level of quality - not really sure why there are so many grumblings here.

It would be cool to have the Predator win for once, have an ending like "The Grey" where the protagonist has a emotive last stand we dont see the ending of but know all the same if the studio is worried about a "bummer" ending.

Predator, maybe it is time for a film set on the home world, the Predator species pitted against one another. Now working on the script.
Isn't that Predators?

Loved Prey and I am looking forward to another offering on the same level of quality - not really sure why there are so many grumblings here.

It would be cool to have the Predator win for once, have an ending like "The Grey" where the protagonist has a emotive last stand we dont see the ending of but know all the same if the studio is worried about a "bummer" ending.

Isn't that Predators?
Yep, sure is.......
Predator GIF
:)

Sigh. I really enjoyed Prey, against all odds, but they really need to just let the franchise go already. There's no mystery left to the Predator and he's been defeated by puny humans so often he barely feels like a threat anymore.
That's exactly why they need to make a Predator movie where the Predator wins.

Isn't that Predators?
Predators was merely an introduction it could be much more.

Except they never will.
To be fair, "the bad guy wins" is a tough sell to most people = nevermind risk averse movie execs.
Which is a pity as many of the movies where they do this turn out to be incredible and memorable.

You can always have a hero wins ending for theatrical cut then predator wins cut for bluray. Win win

As for future setting, might we actually finally see something like the AVP games/comics with colonial marines v predator? (I haven't read the article yet but assume it isn't yet known so retorical question)

Honestly this franchise and alien have lots of staying power. And people don’t like the sequels all to much. I honestly think the merch sells a lot

Back