Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think those old figures are pretty cool still, but they're definitely not worth the ebay prices they're going for now.
Supply and demand dictates the prices of these figures, which of course, can be said about almost every material thing in life.

As for 'worth', something is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

i'll never get the appeal for those old HT preds. they look like Hasbro toys. you're better off waiting for HT or somebody else to make new ones that actually look like high-end figures. i think you guys just want what you can't have/afford.

no it doesn't. do you even have one?

I would say for some, part of the appeal is owning an item that is now valued at 2, 3, 4 times it's original value.

I do very much agree with you about appearance.
I wouldn't go as far as saying they look like "Hasbro toys" :lol, but they certainly do not look like the predator figures HT is releasing today. The body mold, sculpt, paint app of today's figures are superior (in my eyes) as they should be. After all, they were designed with the knowledge and experience of building the older preds.

I would venture a guess and say, 'if' HT were to develop and release a P1, P2, Scar, Celtic, Chopper, or Elders with the techniques and materials they are using now, the value of the older figure (of the same predator) would plummet.

Last edited:
May god be with you my friend . Your second hot toys collectible ? You have just entered the point of no return . Welcome to the most expensive hobbie around . My first predator was elder pred p2 and I got everyone after . There's no stopping !!! It's gets a grip on you and takes over your soul . Lololo . My shadow pred is very stiff too. seems to be the case with the new body's . Just turn elbows and what not on a daily bases but don't use a hair drier because they can get to loose .
1879f18e_e542_e1c6.jpg

^^ Yao Ming FTW, b**ch please... :lol

BTW, I remember pretty well when it was "only" Berserker... that Berserker resulted in P1, Lost, Shadow, Machiko, Tracker, Falconer, Royce, Ripley, Medicom RAH Alien, Medicom RAH Vader (will have it tomorrow BTW), Star Trek Picard and Data (Dragon Models), Classic on PO, Noland on PO (yes, I'm one of those who like it). B**ch please... :lol

They will naturally loosen up over time. My Berserker needed to be arm wrestled to move his legs now they are fine. I wouldn't intentionally try to loosen up the joints on the figures because somewhere down the line they will be too loose and you cant undo it. All though if its stiff joints right out of the box id say just let it sit in your house for a day to get up to temperature just in case its been sat in a cold storage depot for days and ceased a bit.

Thanks I'll let it sit for a few days and maybe it will loosen up. :hi5:

Just got this as an early Christmas present from my gf :yess: I'm very new to Hot Toys as this is only my 2nd one. Whats the best way to undo stiff joints. Does a hairdryer do it pretty well?

Awesome! Same here, got it as a xmas present from my gf, and couldn't wait until 25th to open it up :)

Yep, just use a hairdryer to heat the area for about 10 secs, and let it cool down a bit before trying to move it.

I want this guy but it's only available to me from the US at a good price & always get stung with import taxes when I buy anything from the States. Might have to click the buy button

I want this guy but it's only available to me from the US at a good price & always get stung with import taxes when I buy anything from the States. Might have to click the buy button

Where are you from? Try https://collectiblesdirect.co.uk and use the voucher DISCOUNT05 on the cart to get 5% discount (can be used 3 times). They're having a Shadow Predator restock on January. I bought mine there.

Yeah I remember when I was only going to get Berserker. That's what I told myself and I swore that's how it was going to be. Well here I am 8 predators later wondering what happened to my bank account. :)

My shadow Predator is about 15 ft away from me. I cannot open it till sunday. Its killinggg meeeeeee.

:blissy Just got this guy for Christmas, I was caught waaay off guard by my wife. Never would of thought she'd go out of her way to buy me this. I felt like a kid again! AND....Classic will be showing up from SSC. Happy Holidays to me!!! Gotta love my wife!!!

:blissy Just got this guy for Christmas, I was caught waaay off guard by my wife. Never would of thought she'd go out of her way to buy me this. I felt like a kid again! AND....Classic will be showing up from SSC. Happy Holidays to me!!! Gotta love my wife!!!

Awesome!! Congrats! :clap

Ok guys, don't kill me, but would it be easier to get one of these guys and trying to hunt down P2 parts to finish him? And what exactly are those parts?

It would be easier buying Shadow and a P2 then selling off the parts you dont use. Because i never see P2 chest armour and mask and such on ebay anymore.

Allthough the absolute cheapest way would be just buy a p2 then a loose shadow body. There is only really the neck ring, shin amrour and left bicep armour thats the same

Back