Predator 2: Shadow Predator (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So googly eyes on that copy - or did they all have that issue?

Anything else?

Mate, to each their own. To me it looks ridiculous. 50% due to the source, 50% the sculpt and paint.

Back to the Shadow.

Any more pics? I'll probably display it in the P2 level of my detolf, flanking the Elder alongside City Hunter. Anyone else done this? Will it be too crammed? I'd like to keep all preds in one detolf.

It's always weird seeing that dude since mine looks so different from that now.
well yours cannot be called snake predator (or shadow predator by weird HT logic) anymore, the only original thing there must be the body paint :clap

The mandible and fur mods both look good.
Looks great, P. And I like those mods.
thank you!

The Berserker mask looks better on him than it does on Berserker. Fits him well.
I also have an extra Berserker head and mask, might use the mask for this. Fits him like a freaking glove.
yeah it's the same color as his armor, and rude decoration (jaw) fits overall rude low-tech image of that particular guy.
though i don't use it anymore after fixing the direction of mandibles but like to think it has one.

Assume you shortened the neck as well?
of course, as usual. only Greyback and AVPators avoided this procedure to date. don't remember about original P1 head on classic's body.
it's seen here.

classic_shadow_fit_001_zps44445be8.jpg~original

oh BTW that was one of photos to prove that "Shadow" headsculpt is just a repaint of "Classic". it was told long before, but some people didn't believe it.

classic_shadow_fit_002_zps06b5862e.jpg~original

How did you make the mandibles stay in that position when cold? Do they move back to their initial position?
i cut big portions on the inside. it's slightly seen below, on a WIP photo. they move back but only a little, plus i added some glue into the holes if i remember it right.

007_zpsc066f18e.jpg~original

i also replaced his net suit, he now has one of the sleeves. i don't like completely sleeveless predators, it looks... wrong to see their skin without that net.

i cut big portions on the inside. it's slightly seen below, on a WIP photo. they move back but only a little, plus i added some glue into the holes if i remember it right.

Oof. I probably won't do that then, if it requires removing parts of the mandibles. Is it possible the close the mouth without cutting the figure? If not that's fine, look bad-rump as is.

plastic is very resilient there, it just returns to its shape whatever you do to it. so i had to thicken that area. ideally it should be filled with sculpting material and painted, but i don't have such paints and so didn't bother. i know i can do it anytime i get the paints occasionally so i don't worry.

Is anyone willing to part with the long bone necklace for this guy? I'm referring to the one that's slung diagonally across his chest.

I'm looking for the narrow skull circled here, so if someone would prefer to sell me that specific piece and keep the rest of the necklace, that works too.

shadowpredatornecklace.jpg

Is anyone willing to part with the long bone necklace for this guy? I'm referring to the one that's slung diagonally across his chest.

I'm looking for the narrow skull circled here, so if someone would prefer to sell me that specific piece and keep the rest of the necklace, that works too.

shadowpredatornecklace.jpg
i have a bone on a thread from an old Predator 2 BD kit which looks just like it... though it has a bit of green paint on it (because of the BD version) plus i doubt shipping price would be worth even considering.

i have a bone on a thread from an old Predator 2 BD kit which looks just like it... though it has a bit of green paint on it (because of the BD version) plus i doubt shipping price would be worth even considering.
Was thinking about using something from that era, but the newer bone trophies have better paint.

Back