Possible Oblivion Jack Harper figure from Play Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great to have a Cruise figure that is so film specific. Often a figure looks good, but you think, 'is that him in Mission Impossible/Jack Reacher/War of the Worlds, etc?'. One of Oblivion's strengths was it's design elements, which this figure looks to have captured excellently. Looking forward to receiving mine next week hopefully.

I'm really glad you mentioned the soundtrack; I felt that it made the movie. I felt like the film didn't get a huge reception, but is severely overlooked. I think it's excellent. Better than Edge of Tomorrow, though the latter is very very good too.

The soundtrack is AMAZING. Still listen to it all the time. And I'm really happy with those in-hand pics.

KG Hobby are doing it $165 shipped on eBay right now. If you shopped around when pre-ordering you could pick it up at around $150 delivered from HK.
Thanks man.
Hm. It's Good deal value wise when compared to today's prices but I was hoping for a wee bit less. At least to wing a near immediate purchase. I'll have to keep my eye out.

I'd have to say Oblivion is over a lot of people's heads. There is so much in there and so very, very subtle that it can never get enough of it.
Some people don't get it. I'd have to say it's in my top twenty movies of all time. Perhaps even close to the top ten.

That's one of the best things about the blu-ray... there is a setting whereby you can watch the film with no dialogue, only soundtrack.

Yes! Love that feature. :)

Before The Dawn Heals Us was the first album I'd heard of theirs, and still my favorite, probably. But their sound can change a lot from album to album, in some ways.

My figure shipped from KG Hobby! Really can't wait to get this guy in-hand. I know the 1/6 non-licensed figures are a gray area for people. But especially for the figures like this and the Mad Max figure, they are a godsend.

I have absolutely no issue with this being unlicensed. Art Figures Heavy Armoured Cop (Dr*dd) was possibly my favourite figure from last year. This looks great as does VTS's Wasteland Ranger (Max). If I was a bigger fan of Fury Road, he would be a no-brainer.

I have absolutely no issue with this being unlicensed. Art Figures Heavy Armoured Cop (Dr*dd) was possibly my favourite figure from last year. This looks great as does VTS's Wasteland Ranger (Max). If I was a bigger fan of Fury Road, he would be a no-brainer.

I was just about to say the same thing. Dredd was an amazing figure...and for far less in cost than a Hot Toys.
Much of what we pay for is payment of the license.

Yeah, I love my Dredd figure too. I do feel bad for companies (especially small ones) when someone who isn't paying for the license tries to swoop in by making the same figure, though. That's where i think it gets problematic. Smaller companies like Big Chief or Asmus or similar aren't juggernauts like Hot Toys. They are often just a small group of people trying to establish a business and play by the rules. But, as a figure fan, I'm really happy when companies step in for licenses no one wants to make or no one seems interested in making.

Yeah, I love my Dredd figure too. I do feel bad for companies (especially small ones) when someone who isn't paying for the license tries to swoop in by making the same figure, though. That's where i think it gets problematic. Smaller companies like Big Chief or Asmus or similar aren't juggernauts like Hot Toys. They are often just a small group of people trying to establish a business and play by the rules. But, as a figure fan, I'm really happy when companies step in for licenses no one wants to make or no one seems interested in making.

The problem I have there is quality. Neither Azmus nor Big Chief have made anything in the quality on this Oblivion figure here or Dredd in my opinion. Then there's that Wasteland Warrior which like these other two mentioned looks to be of far high quality than these other companies.

I would also say that 2000AD went nuts wanting to stop that Dredd figure at the tim as they said they were working on one. What did we get? two six inch figures from two different companies and neither are the movie version we all wanted.

So yes while I agree, it would be better to have licensed figures, if it's not Hot Toy, I worry about quality from these other companies.

What's great is that these independents deliver a production product that matches the proto pics at a reasonable (in market terms) price. Hot Toys would never have licensed the above mentioned figures because the market for them is so much smaller than for their Marvel/Disney/Star Wars market. Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking Hot Toys, more often than not they produce top notch product. But it's great that these smaller companies are able to cater to the niche market with such excellent unlicensed stuff.

The problem I have there is quality. Neither Azmus nor Big Chief have made anything in the quality on this Oblivion figure here or Dredd in my opinion. Then there's that Wasteland Warrior which like these other two mentioned looks to be of far high quality than these other companies.

I would also say that 2000AD went nuts wanting to stop that Dredd figure at the tim as they said they were working on one. What did we get? two six inch figures from two different companies and neither are the movie version we all wanted.

So yes while I agree, it would be better to have licensed figures, if it's not Hot Toy, I worry about quality from these other companies.

It's not an unfair point. I mean, with Dredd (and this figure... and hopefully the Wasteland Ranger) it is kind of astounding how high-quality they are. The only thing I've never loved on the Dredd figure are the bendy fingers. And, as much as I like the One:Twelve Dredd (it's a really cool figure) it's not 1/6 and it's not from the movie. I am actually overall happy with BCS's stuff in particular (Asmus, I've pretty much given up on... though Saruman is tempting) but the price to quality ratio being dicey is hard to deny. I guess that's why it's kind of a crappy situation for them. If you don't have to sink a lot of money into licensing, then you have more money to put into the actual product and/or the savings gets passed onto the customer.

It's one of those thing where, as a customer, I am totally happy with having all these options in 1/6 now. Especially for figures like the Oblivion figure (I'd take a Cage and Rita from Edge of Tomorrow if anyone's listening ;) ) it's amazing. But, being friendly with the guys at BCS it's hard not to have empathy for their situation, too. It's cool to hear your guy's thoughts about it in any case. It kind of tumbles around in my own head from time to time. LOL.

FINALMODELlabel.jpg

dronerandylit1.jpg

Back