Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put him in cart, go to checkout, and change the quantity to, say 100. It will then show you how many you can get instead of the 100 you are trying to get.
Neat. Thanks j97e1.

Definitely going to grab one of these. I missed the SS Robocop and haven't been able to find a new one at a reasonable price since. Looks like this will be the one to have anyway. Nice low ES too.

To me, the likeness is the key to a perfect statue/figure as it's what evokes the nostalgia of the robocop I grew up with. I find it really difficult to get into a piece that I can't see weller in.(which is why I never got the 1st ht robo piece)
With that said, I would have to give the nod to the eb piece at this point, even though it can't hit the iconic pose that this statue can, it can be posed and has 2 weller mouth plates

I can understand that. That's why I'm not interested in Sideshow's PFs portraying human artists —don't even get me started on Cinemaquette's likenesses—, and the reason I LOVE my 'hybrid' Blitzway 1:3 Bruce Lee —why can't other companies go about it the same way?—, but I can make an exception with RoboCop, since there's only so much we see of his face anyway, and the likeness on the official pics is not that bad after all. It's just not on par with Enterbay's awesome sculpt, which also benefits from the different kind of resin being used.

To me, the likeness is the key to a perfect statue/figure as it's what evokes the nostalgia of the robocop I grew up with. I find it really difficult to get into a piece that I can't see weller in.(which is why I never got the 1st ht robo piece)
With that said, I would have to give the nod to the eb piece at this point, even though it can't hit the iconic pose that this statue can, it can be posed and has 2 weller mouth plates
If they can come back and lock down the weller look, then I would be willing to get it

Well I meant as a Robocop Piece overall that I think PCS one wins because the color of the armor is more accurate and actually looks like armor and not like cheap plastic like EBs one does. So from a distance I think this one would look more impressive, whereas EBs one looks too much like a NECA toy IMO. Nevertheless, I know what u mean if it doesn't look like Weller you are just buying a statue of the character and not a statue of Weller as Robocop.

I can understand that. That's why I'm not interested in Sideshow's PFs portraying human artists —don't even get me started on Cinemaquette's likenesses—, and the reason I LOVE my 'hybrid' Blitzway 1:3 Bruce Lee —why can't other companies go about it the same way?—, but I can make an exception with RoboCop, since there's only so much we see of his face anyway, and the likeness on the official pics is not that bad after all. It's just not on par with Enterbay's awesome sculpt, which also benefits from the different kind of resin being used.

I didn't think EB used resin, arn't their sculpts plastic or PVC type of material. Isn't resin more like polystone?:dunno

If they can come back and lock down the weller look, then I would be willing to get it

The EB piece also has innacurate (idealized) proportions.

Well I meant as a Robocop Piece overall that I think PCS one wins because the color of the armor is more accurate and actually looks like armor and not like cheap plastic like EBs one does. So from a distance I think this one would look more impressive, whereas EBs one looks too much like a NECA toy IMO. Nevertheless, I know what u mean if it doesn't look like Weller you are just buying a statue of the character and not a statue of Weller as Robocop.

Not to mention the proportions are accurate on the PCS statue.

I didn't think EB used resin, arn't their sculpts plastic or PVC type of material. Isn't resin more like polystone?:dunno

You know what I meant, Darkavatar. I don't know the proper name for all of these... polymers, so I call it all resin, or plastic, or whatever. It's just a diferent stuff than the stuff Sideshow or PCS use. :)

I have the Robocop PF, but I have ordered the PCS EX Robocop... I will sit down with them both in the future and sell off the one I don't want.. Think I only want to have one of a statue and not multiples... If it is true I will def order the ed-209 if PCS make one..

This is my baby till then... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SURntRjxf4

Cheer Alex

Check out my channel on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/Xanderthomas81

Follow me on Twitter @Radd_titan

Not to mention the proportions are accurate on the PCS statue.

Yeah that to, basically the PCS statue has the best body.

You know what I meant, Darkavatar. I don't know the proper name for all of these... polymers, so I call it all resin, or plastic, or whatever.

No honestly I didn't Shoo, I really thought u meant that the plastic or PVC that EB uses was just a different type of resin than polystone resin that sideshow uses. And thus, they just used the same material but a different type of the same material. If u know what I mean? :dunno

It's just a diferent stuff than the stuff Sideshow or PCS use. :)

Yeah but I think it is totally different material right?

I got a chuckle out of the ending. :)

Yeah that to, basically the PCS statue has the best body.
No honestly I didn't Shoo, I really thought u meant that the plastic or PVC that EB uses was just a different type of resin than polystone resin that sideshow uses. And thus, they just used the same material but a different type of the same material. If u know what I mean? :dunno

I meant you and me already went through this when discussing the realism of the Sideshow BD T-800 PF versus the Enterbay 1:4 action figure, but that was a long time ago. :wink1:

Yeah but I think it is totally different material right?

Yes, Hot Toys/Enterbay/Blitzway use quite a different material than Sideshow/PCS and traditional pop statues companies. You could say the former use PVC and the latter polystone, but I don't know how much they actually differ in their compositions, since for all I know it's all different combinations of resin varieties mixed in with other material particles. Hence why I'm never categorical in calling one "plastic" over the other, since polystone is not that noble a material as some seem to think, either.

Still, I guess I oughta have just said "which also benefits from being PVC". :)

I have the Robocop PF, but I have ordered the PCS EX Robocop... I will sit down with them both in the future and sell off the one I don't want.. Think I only want to have one of a statue and not multiples... If it is true I will def order the ed-209 if PCS make one..

This is my baby till then... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SURntRjxf4

Cheer Alex

Check out my channel on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/Xanderthomas81

Follow me on Twitter @Radd_titan

:goodpost::exactly:

Goodluck with deciding that. Each piece offers something special.

I will be keeping both..I want multiples of everything! I WANT THEM ALLLLLL!:mwaha ALLLLLLLLL

I meant you and me already went through this when discussing the realism of the Sideshow BD T-800 PF versus the Enterbay 1:4 action figure, but that was a long time ago. :wink1:

Oh and as u can see despite that convo I am still none of the wiser. :slap

Yes, Hot Toys/Enterbay/Blitzway use quite a different material than Sideshow/PCS and traditional pop statues companies. You could say the former use PVC and the latter polystone, but I don't know how much they actually differ in their compositions, since for all I know it's all different combinations of resin varieties mixed in with other material particles. Hence why I'm never categorical in calling one "plastic" over the other, since polystone is not that noble a material as some seem to think, either.

So they could be similar materials then? :panic:

Still, I guess I oughta have just said "which also benefits from being PVC". :)

Yeah something like that would be easier. Or something like the material that sideshow uses doesn't look as soft like skin like the material EB uses. :dunno

Last edited:
Oh and ass u see despite that convo I am still none of the wiser. :slap

Hey, who are you calling an ass?! :lol

So they could be similar materials then? :panic:

Yes and not. Think of it as, say, two pairs of gloves made of the skin of different animals. You'd say "the skin on these gloves is different to the one on those", with 'skin' as a generic term for lack of a better word, but the materials and processes might actually be very different and have nothing to do with one another.

Ok I deserve another slap for that. :slap. As u can see I went back and corrected that mistake. :eek:

Not quite. Think of it as, say, two pairs of gloves made of the skin of different animals. You'd say "the skin on these gloves is different to the one on those", with 'skin' as a generic term for lack of a better word, but the materials and processes might actually be very different and have nothing to do with one another.

Oh I see where u are going, anyway enough of why EBs sculpts look more realistic and more about the fact that they just do. Just like how I don't think they would ever be able to make the armor on the cheap plastic that EB uses look as realistic as the armor on this statue because of the high quality polystone PCS uses.

Yes and not. Think of it as, say, two pairs of gloves made of the skin of different animals. You'd say "the skin on these gloves is different to the one on those", with 'skin' as a generic term for lack of a better word, but the materials and processes might actually be very different and have nothing to do with one another.

True for masks as well. :lecture

Leatherfaces.jpg

Funny-I'm actually picking up the Blu Ray this weekend-I have him on pre-order also and cannot wait for this to be released. This will be my first PCS statue.
watched the movie on bluray the other night and made me think of my PCS Pre Order :rock DAMN! I cant wait for this one to ship!!! :panic: :panic:

Incredibly, still 30 left of the Exclusive!!! :horror

watched the movie on bluray the other night and made me think of my PCS Pre Order :rock DAMN! I cant wait for this one to ship!!! :panic: :panic:

Incredibly, still 30 left of the Exclusive!!! :horror
**** YES! Will be EPIC. Definitely going to be a standout in the collection :)
Can't wait for the HT figure next month.
I can't wait for that so they finally put the BD version up for PO lol
Funny-I'm actually picking up the Blu Ray this weekend-I have him on pre-order also and cannot wait for this to be released. This will be my first PCS statue.
Dude you will LOVE the Bluray the quality is ridiculously amazing, they did a great conversion. Also welcome to the club. Also pretty new, have HeMan and RoboCop is on PO.

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Back