Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 weeks on and orders for the EX seem to have hit a halt with 75 still left...:huh

doesn't mean a thing. It WILL sell out. Just like the Sub-Zero & Scorpion 1:1 busts. Took a while to sell out and when they're gone...they're gone. The Sub-Zero EX bust took a while to sell out now it's very hard to find, it's going to be the same deal with this piece.

this is the most beautiful Robocop ever made, and it will be incredibly hard to top, and it's 1/4 scale!

with all the outrageous Robocop related releases in the past 12 months, this piece for me takes the cake...but that Chronicle CAIN is something special.

nothing new, however i believe Jerry said that he is thinking about revisiting the face/mouth sculpt before it goes into production.
thats good news, from what i see, the lips look a little large or its the expression they are making that is a little off(hence me asking for the close up)

thanks man!

You only have to look at the pics. Something seems off. I read somewhere that they are still going to work on the face. Once this is done and I've seen some pics,I will make my final decision. Good luck to those that have ordered and are happy with their purchase.

You only have to look at the pics. Something seems off. I read somewhere that they are still going to work on the face. Once this is done and I've seen some pics,I will make my final decision. Good luck to those that have ordered and are happy with their purchase.

He already did re-work the face. Aside from the upper lip being a tad small, this is the closest to the real thing any collectible has achieved. If you are looking for a Robocop collectible, this is the one to get.

While I agree overall that this piece is better than EB's 1/4 figure, the head sculpt just doesn't look real nor does it have the likeness of Weller. PCS doesn't really make realistic pieces so I doubt the head sculpt will ever look as realistic as EBs one. I think if this had EBs sculpt it would be perfect.

That, he did.

i just found on Statue Forum, that Jerry replied directly to you! Good post!

Agreed. I think Jerry's statue is much better than Enterbay's 1:4 action figure, but the one thing that the doll has going for it in my opinion is the (half) face sculpt. I look at this and I do see Peter Weller there:

RoboCop_PCS_Z_Enterbay_pag63_image2_zps39642572.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have a much more accurate, bad-ass RoboCop as a whole than a perfect Weller likeness, which is why I pre-ordered the PCS statue, but if that lip could be slightly tweaked a bit more, then this piece would go up to 11.

Be it as it may, very happy with my pre-order and I'm just bummed by the long wait ahead of us.

Ill probably work on that lip a bit more. Im not going to say its perfect.
I have the Enterbay Robocop and was seriously disappointed in it. I understand why it costs so much as they must have spent $150k on steel tooling and God knows how much on development, but if you are going to make an articulated figure...

Make it articulated ! Not semi articulated where the pieces constantly fall off when you try and pose it.

I know its $500+ but its still a toy and I want to play with it. I spent a half hour with it and put it away...was too frustrated with it falling apart.

interesting to hear Jerry's take on the Enterbay figure.

i just found on Statue Forum, that Jerry replied directly to you!

That, he did. :p

I'm pretty sure I posted his reply here, too. :)

Yes, the face will hardly be as lifelike as Enterbay's, but here's hoping a little more tweaking will get us a bit closer in the likeness department.

While I agree overall that this piece is better than EB's 1/4 figure, the head sculpt just doesn't look real nor does it have the likeness of Weller. PCS doesn't really make realistic pieces so I doubt the head sculpt will ever look as realistic as EBs one. I think if this had EBs sculpt it would be perfect.
To me, the likeness is the key to a perfect statue/figure as it's what evokes the nostalgia of the robocop I grew up with. I find it really difficult to get into a piece that I can't see weller in.(which is why I never got the 1st ht robo piece)
With that said, I would have to give the nod to the eb piece at this point, even though it can't hit the iconic pose that this statue can, it can be posed and has 2 weller mouth plates
If they can come back and lock down the weller look, then I would be willing to get it

Back