Pop culture shock gets Robocop license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its a good incentive for a company to allow the collector an opportunity to receive a bonus for getting their order in on time...I personally would like to see Sideshow do something similar...with my PO list I'd be sure to get an AP at least on one occasion :lol

I agree with you but it should be as soon as it goes live IMO.

Well yes, I just think its ridiculous being penalized for them putting it up early. But I know now for the future

yea...and I know just my next PO for which to try it out on!!! The 1/3 Lord of Darkness statue :yess: now that is one piece that I'd love to get an AP :pray:

yea...and I know just my next PO for which to try it out on!!! The 1/3 Lord of Darkness statue :yess: now that is one piece that I'd love to get an AP :pray:

You're getting that eh? Love the movie but its 1/3rd right?

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

You're getting that eh? Love the movie but its 1/3rd right?

Sent from the **** Pit of the Millenium Falcon

Absolutely mate...1/3 scale all the way :yess:

e4yqeryz.jpg

its not so much I thought the movie was amazing but more that I loved the Lord of Darkness and how he still to this day, one of the best demonic characters ever to grace the movie world....and all this without the aid of any CGI. Managed to score my lifetime grail a few months back when I added the Sideshow Darkness lifesize bust to my collection. I also have the PF but will definitely be selling that eventually to help fund this new one from PCS. I did the same thing with my Sideshow Robocop PF to help fund the PCS version ;)

Last edited:
I can't believe people who ordered before a certain time are getting APs. Can't wait to see the difference in quality to the standard factory painted ones.

The first 10 who order a PCS statue when the PO goes live get an AP, but these are still painted by the factory (Jerry said so himself on Statue Forum). The only difference is that the statues are then inspected by their in-house artists and then sometimes get touch ups, like they'll re-do the eyes if they look crap, or add some extra shading etc...

The first 10 who order a PCS statue when the PO goes live get an AP, but these are still painted by the factory (Jerry said so himself on Statue Forum). The only difference is that the statues are then inspected by their in-house artists and then sometimes get touch ups, like they'll re-do the eyes if they look crap, or add some extra shading etc...
People who ordered before the official pre-order time didn't get an AP so it wasn't the first ten.

People who ordered before the official pre-order time didn't get an AP so it wasn't the first ten.

Sorry, I meant the first ten who ordered at the official pre-order time. The orders are judged by the Paypal time stamp when the order is placed. Orders before 3pm don't count, and are actually subject to being cancelled. Anyone who ordered Robocop before this time actually got lucky. A guy ordered Ryu only a few seconds before 3pm, and Jerry said he'd let it slide but if it was a minute he wouldn't.

Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal. The AP's are painted by the same people as the factory, only touched up by the in-house artists. I wouldn't expect a massive difference.

the rules that weren't stated anywhere besides on a random forum thread, not in the newsletter or website.

It also doesn't state on the website the first 10 get an AP either. It also did say on the website that orders before 3pm were subject to being cancelled. That should've been enough warning for people not to order before 3pm.

Sorry, I meant the first ten who ordered at the official pre-order time. The orders are judged by the Paypal time stamp when the order is placed. Orders before 3pm don't count, and are actually subject to being cancelled. Anyone who ordered Robocop before this time actually got lucky. A guy ordered Ryu only a few seconds before 3pm, and Jerry said he'd let it slide but if it was a minute he wouldn't.

Anyway, I don't think it's a big deal. The AP's are painted by the same people as the factory, only touched up by the in-house artists. I wouldn't expect a massive difference.

It also doesn't state on the website the first 10 get an AP either. It also did say on the website that orders before 3pm were subject to being cancelled. That should've been enough warning for people not to order before 3pm.

LET IT SLIDE? We are paying customers.... This makes ZERO sense to me and I don't understand why people are ok with that. If a company puts and item up they should not be able to cancel your order because they accidentally put it up early. How is that the consumers fault? ESPECIALLY when these rules are not stated anywhere that I have been able to find aside from people on forums saying it.

LET IT SLIDE? We are paying customers.... This makes ZERO sense to me and I don't understand why people are ok with that. If a company puts and item up they should not be able to cancel your order because they accidentally put it up early. How is that the consumers fault? ESPECIALLY when these rules are not stated anywhere that I have been able to find aside from people on forums saying it.

Yea seriously…like YOURE THE ONE PUTTING IT UP FOR PREORDER! its basically saying anyone who is super excited to order this as soon as possible MIGHT get their orders cancelled, IF we get enough orders…wtf?? It says on the website yes, in little red letters, but that was there like a week before, so I get that..but name me ONE other website that has something like that..like I can't order it until YOU make it live…so just don't make it live until the time when you want orders coming in…simple as that.

Agree with u guys, I think it's stupid & strange policy, it's not my fault as a customer.

Yea seriously…like YOURE THE ONE PUTTING IT UP FOR PREORDER! its basically saying anyone who is super excited to order this as soon as possible MIGHT get their orders cancelled, IF we get enough orders…wtf?? It says on the website yes, in little red letters, but that was there like a week before, so I get that..but name me ONE other website that has something like that..like I can't order it until YOU make it live…so just don't make it live until the time when you want orders coming in…simple as that.

:goodpost: agreed guys :clap

It was on the website dude. I don't know about Robocop, because I didn't order it, but when I went to order Ryu I checked the pre-order page and down the bottom it said in red writing that 'orders before 3pm are subject to being cancelled'. That's where I got that bit of info, I didn't get it from a forum. It was my first time ordering from PCS, and I simply followed the rules that were stated on the website. I actually saw the order go live early, but waited until 3pm to make the order.

I'm not really sure why the orders always go up around 2-3 minutes early, but I do understand the policy of cancelling orders. If there are only 150 pieces for an item, and 100 people order before the official start time of 3pm whilst everyone else patiently waits for the clock to hit 3pm, then that means 100 people will miss out on the chance to get one because they followed the rules and others didn't. At the same time, I do get where you're coming from, and I think to avoid any issues, confusion and disappointment, they should simply make the PO go live after 3pm, and not before.

It was on the website dude. I don't know about Robocop, because I didn't order it, but when I went to order Ryu I checked the pre-order page and down the bottom it said in red writing that 'orders before 3pm are subject to being cancelled'. That's where I got that bit of info, I didn't get it from a forum. It was my first time ordering from PCS, and I simply followed the rules that were stated on the website. I actually saw the order go live early, but waited until 3pm to make the order.

I'm not really sure why the orders always go up around 2-3 minutes early, but I do understand the policy of cancelling orders. If there are only 150 pieces for an item, and 100 people order before the official start time of 3pm whilst everyone else patiently waits for the clock to hit 3pm, then that means 100 people will miss out on the chance to get one because they followed the rules and others didn't. At the same time, I do get where you're coming from, and I think to avoid any issues, confusion and disappointment, they should simply make the PO go live after 3pm, and not before.

exactly

While I agree with you, you are just wasting time ranting here.

Why not post this on the sf board where jerry actually reads and responds to....just a thought.

Back