POLL: All in favor of a new base body!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Want a new base body?

• Yes, a new, more proportional, body.

Votes: 81 91.0%
  • Nah. Art S. Buck is fine with me.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Indifferent.

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters
why settle for less? the bodies are holding these thing's back IMO.

paulcarson said:
Anything that makes an already great product BETTER, then I'm up for it!
I agree too. The future potential of the SW line does not look very good (no pun etc..) if the Art S Buck continues as the standard. Every Sideshow piece with exposed joints just looks like poo (the bodies, I mean) and drags down the overall appeal of each figure (dare I mention modern Kurgan? or whatever that crappy BTVS figure was).

I vote YES!

pixletwin said:
I agree too. The future potential of the SW line does not look very good (no pun etc..) if the Art S Buck continues as the standard. Every Sideshow piece with exposed joints just looks like poo (the bodies, I mean) and drags down the overall appeal of each figure (dare I mention modern Kurgan? or whatever that crappy BTVS figure was).!

Well, I don't agree that if they don't change then the SW future isn't as bright. That might be a bit of an stretch. Do I think that if they "can" improve the body does that help only "improve" the line. Yes! If they don't do I think that hurts the line or its future. No!

jlcmsu said:
Well, I don't agree that if they don't change then the SW future isn't as bright. That might be a bit of an stretch. Do I think that if they "can" improve the body does that help only "improve" the line. Yes! If they don't do I think that hurts the line or its future. No!
he he Let me clarify myself... What I meant is the future does not look very good for figures like slave Leia and Aayala Secura type figures.

EDIT: really I think the bodies are great as they are (for what they have done). I don't mind a bit O the Futz... I look forward to it. I just can't imagine buying a piece with alot of exposed skin with the current body style Sideshow uses.

Sideshow definitely need a new body.

Art S. Buck used to be a good body to use, but that time has passed.

Art S. Buck is now "Arrrrrrrrr it Sucks" :lol

KamenGuyver said:
Sideshow definitely need a new body.

Art S. Buck used to be a good body to use, but that time has passed.

Art S. Buck is now "Arrrrrrrrr it Sucks" :lol
:lol Nice one Kamen!

pixletwin said:
he he Let me clarify myself... What I meant is the future does not look very good for figures like slave Leia and Aayala Secura type figures.

I got ya. :duff

I think the bodies are fine. The only thing I would change would be to allow more articulation in the chest/shoulder/arm area so the figures can have there arms folded or be able to touch their face better (ie cell phone, CSM, etc.) The bodies look fine to me.

You are going to have joints on a action figure, so i think everyone just needs to get that out of their system now. These are not statues and I want full articulation.

While not perfect, doing something like what we have seen from triad (at least for figures who are exposed more than your average figure) would be great.
164526547_4775ecca3f_o.jpg

Can you imagine how great Aayala Secura or Slave Leia would look on a body like these?
Remember, this is the current reality of the situation:
2013_image05.jpg

OMG, that reminds me of those Marky Mark Calvin Klein ads!!! :lol

Seriously folks, do we really need a poll to determine if we want better bodies? Ok, let's try this...

Who here does NOT want a SSC figure with a better body? :lol

Back