Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the same e-mail today. I appreciate the $20. Thank you SS. Why all the conspiracy theories? The port strike-slowdown is real. Seems like the union pulls this every year. If CW and WW are also delayed there's nothing I can do about it. :impatient: On the bright side I might get another $40, which is always good! :yess:

:exactly:

SS could have just continued to stay silent about the delay. I appreciate that they stepped up and gave people some kind of update. They also didn't have to throw in $20 of RP either but they did. I think it shows that they're accepting some responsibility for this situation even though their hands are tied.

It's nice that you guys are getting free rewards points. I've got mine ordered with Cornerstore comics unfortunately, which means I doubt I'll receive any more of a discount than I've already gotten on the PO. Oh well :)

Had the same email myself & I actually work in the freight forwarding industry here in the UK & I know these issues happen so fully understand the delays & issues SS are facing

What they also don't tell you is all the additional costs that I expect they may well be faced with.

I don't know too much about the details over there but for example in the UK once a ship has docked & the containers off loaded & on the Quay itself you are then given maybe 5-7 days to get the container cleared & off site to final delivery destination before the port start charging you rent to keep it on Quay & this can range from maybe £40 per day upto possibly £100 depending on length of time it's there.
I dread to think of the bill SS may face if they have the amount of Containers sat there that they mention in the E-mail

$20 worth of rewards is frankly fantastic when you consider that they may well take a huge financial hit in additional costs

Neil

this will delay the Keaton, Catwoman, Prime 1 stuff as well....big domino effect; when and how can we use these point? are they gonna show up somehow?

I love the statue but I'm really on the fence on if I should just cancel and pick it up later now that we have the option. I feel like it won't be hard to pick up later at or below the current price next year. SS giving us $20 in points is nice though so that is pulling me to keeping my order. I understand it's not their fault though with the delay but it still stinks that full pay has been charged and we won't get anything until end of next month it seems.

Maybe if my Power Girl EX converts, I could be persuaded :p

I wonder if there's a chance Sideshow will be sending out these e-mails to people still waiting on Catwoman, too? Or is Catwoman not having trouble at the port?

Somewhat funny with the delay in port as I think I recall the same thing happening with the original Ivy, including an email from Sideshow that said she was delayed due to the League of Shadows.

Somewhat funny with the delay in port as I think I recall the same thing happening with the original Ivy, including an email from Sideshow that said she was delayed due to the League of Shadows.

That is funny :clap how long was it delayed? Was it at the same time of year? I do feel sorry for Sideshow for the things that are out of their hands like this, HOWEVER I don't get why they charge the final payment without having it in their warehouse ready to be sent? I thought that was the whole point of flexing; the last payment is taken when the item is ready to ship lol I'll answer my own question now and say they do it automatically to reduce waiting time as they have so many orders, but they still would have been aware of this port issue when we were charged on the 15th December

I'm on my last flex that was scheduled for the 5th for Ivy.
I didn't get the email or free RP points that everyone is talking about.

What gives? D:

Delayed or fail! I hope everything gets delayed if that means I can have 20.00 in points for all coming statues. Ss please keep up this points offer for future delays. Weird how I feel more happy now this got delay because of the 20.00 in point I get. :lol

I'm on my last flex that was scheduled for the 5th for Ivy.
I didn't get the email or free RP points that everyone is talking about.

What gives? D:

Wouldn't be because you are on Flex would it?

The Email makes mention to the fact that we have already been charged the full amount for the statue & the RP are to compensate us for the delay while SS already have our money.

As your final Flex has been moved & you haven't been charged fully they may not issue RP in that basis
In theory SS are making interest on our money that we could have had ourselves if they hadn't charged us earlier than the shipment arriving so IMO the RP is a way of compensating us for this.

I could of course be talking complete BS & it isn't this at all ;) lol

Back