Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is some quick photos from a phone.

Other than the booger, she is perfect. Not sure if I want to risk getting a crappy one in exchange. Anybody see that totaly destroyed Ivy someone received on SF today?

Hey banthafett,

I think I have the same problem as you. Check my posted pics. Although there clearly is a paint problem, I also think the nostril on my statue is not filled in as the other side so its bigger. I think I will ask for a replacement and pray I get a decent one.

Well, got mine in and she's flawless on the paint job. The only problem is she doesn't fit in the base. The right foot is about a little over an 1/8th of an inch above the base. Not sure if the hole for the foot is drilled deep enough. Also, the heel doesn't line up with the spot in the back. It just seems like it's twisted enough to not fit. Guess I'll have to contact Sideshow for a replacement. :pfft:

Well, got mine in and she's flawless on the paint job. The only problem is she doesn't fit in the base. The right foot is about a little over an 1/8th of an inch above the base. Not sure if the hole for the foot is drilled deep enough. Also, the heel doesn't line up with the spot in the back. It just seems like it's twisted enough to not fit. Guess I'll have to contact Sideshow for a replacement. :pfft:

It just appears that way....I had the same "problem"; just take your time and work it into the base.

I received mine yesterday and there's a problem with the nose!

:mad:

Do you think Sideshow will replace the statue for me or just give a credit?

What would you do? Suggestions please.

Amazing how a paint job makes something look different. Aside from her booger, her lips are painted thicker, and give her a different appearance altogether.

Here is a scary experience:

I'm in Canada and I received my box today and I thought it looked more beat-up than usual. When I opened it, I realized that it had been opened and unsealed...probably by the custom officials?!

709eb099-068b-4eb0-b4fd-d7297f092cc7_zps7d553eec.jpg

I guess some genius saw the word "poison" on the box and tought I was trying to import some WMD...!!! They completely opened it, inspected the parts and didn't even bother to place back some of the pieces in their original places! They taped back the styrofoam with too much tape and sent it back on it's way! BRAVO! :slap

IMG_2043_zpsf4050ef8.jpg

Has anything like that already happened to anyone else?

Anyway, by some miracle, the statue was intact when I got it and, overall, I'm very satisfied of the paint job (especially the vines on her legs)...

Wow. I have ordered plenty of statues from Sideshow, and none of them have ever been opened up by Customs. Odd... At least she still arrived safely!

Sent off an email and pics to sideshow but I will also call them tomorrow. My second piece I've had to get fixed so not too bad.

I received mine yesterday and there's a problem with the nose!

:mad:

Do you think Sideshow will replace the statue for me or just give a credit?

What would you do? Suggestions please.

My statue has a twin. Booger sisters. No reason to even paint in her nose to start with, what a waste of time to add more notches for more defects..

Havent heard back from them yet.

Has SS responded back to anyone with base issues on ivys feet fitment? If they send a new base it might still not fit, then if they send a new ivy it still might not fit. It's a tough call here. I notice each statue is made for each base. So matching them is really a gamble.

Has SS responded back to anyone with base issues on ivys feet fitment? If they send a new base it might still not fit, then if they send a new ivy it still might not fit. It's a tough call here. I notice each statue is made for each base. So matching them is really a gamble.

You really think each statue and base has different spaced slots?
They are all from the same mould.

Ivy arrived today! EX #218/1,500. :yess:

Inspected her and she looks great! She fits on her base pretty good and the flowers fit perfectly to the stems. The paint apps look nice from what I can see. Surprisingly, her hair that falls onto her chest was painted pretty close to her skin. Same with her vines. Not perfect but, good enough for my tastes. I asked my GF to take a look as well and she gave Ivy the thumbs up, so she's a keeper.

Anyways, enough SS praise. So here's the only problem I have with my Ivy. See photo below. vvv
0E8E1B30-40F8-46F7-9D81-50F2CA09389E-5479-00000E8BA189036B_zpsef402b01.jpg

So you can obviously see my problem. Seems that there's a smudge of different color paint on the center of Ivy's "bra" area. I don't want to chance sending her back. So I'm most likely going to paint it myself. Seems simple enough.

I'll be contacting SS about my minor issue anyways. Maybe I can get a partial refund and buy the paint with that. We'll see.

Other than the minor paint issue, I'm extremely happy with my latest purchase from SS. Congrats to those that scored an EX! The big killer plant heads are awesome! Only way to display her IMO. :rock

I think the problem maybe too much paint in the holes and on the pegs. I highly doubt they make individual molds for each statue.

EX #553 finally arrived! :yess: It still surprises me how much the boxes get dinged up from Socal to Norcal, but maybe the ride from the factory is really rough. She fits in the base without issues and the paint is generally damn good across the board, especially the face. There was potential for the paint apps to be disastrous on this piece, but I'm very pleased with how she turned out. I hope SS makes things right for the folks who had ran into issues.

I can safely say they don't :lecture

Congrats :clap I would consider myself lucky to have such a small 'blemish'

Thank you! Yes, after all the paint issues I've seen in this thread I do feel pretty lucky. I was so nervous opening her box and checking for the usual googly eyes, cracks, fitment and paint issues and to only find out that mine has one tiny leaf that's messed up. So I think that's not bad considering SS track record. lol

Since I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to painting these things, I wonder how something like a sharpie ultra fine permanent marker in red would go over the areas where her hair wasn't painted.

Since I really don't know what I'm doing when it comes to painting these things, I wonder how something like a sharpie ultra fine permanent marker in red would go over the areas where her hair wasn't painted.

I'm curious too. I wonder?

Here is a scary experience:

I'm in Canada and I received my box today and I thought it looked more beat-up than usual. When I opened it, I realized that it had been opened and unsealed...probably by the custom officials?!

I dont know how customs in America Jr do it but in the US they must put a sticker or tape on the item they inspect saying it was inspected... other wise i would question it

So you can obviously see my problem. Seems that there's a smudge of different color paint on the center of Ivy's "bra" area. I don't want to chance sending her back. So I'm most likely going to paint it myself. Seems simple enough.

I'm not sure it's even a mistake. Seems like natural variation in the shading.

Unless I can't see what you're talking about (the pic is kinda blurry) I'd say your statue is fine.

Back