Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We shouldn't have to shop our manufacturing out to China either, but that's kinda how it is so long as Americans are economic half-wits and our politicians are redistributive thieves. Business is a black sheep in this country, and so it goes.

Whose fault is it, really? :dunno

Not mine, you are talking to no friend of Chinese manufacturing here. I refuse to believe that we cant paint these collectibles here in the US for a decent price, and reduce shipping breakages from overseas to boot. Quality could be monitored on a daily basis! Its just that companies expect to get this stuff for almost free, and then still charge us over the moon for it.

Ivy is still lovely, but I would be hunting up my tiniest detail brushes ten minutes after she was unpacked. In fact the first time I order a PF I am sure it will be my turn, because all of them seem to be like this. Or worse. *big sigh*

EDIT: and THIS IS WHY Harley is wearing cloth: her costume is super-linear and they don't want to be arsed to take the time to paint it right at this scale. Want to bet.

No problem. Here's my Ivy from normal viewing distance.
DAA708A4-B990-4E53-961F-CCE82E542335-5479-00000E9237A07A74_zpscfe6de2e.jpg

C2C1C8B9-756F-4753-8AC4-53B7DD027C9B-5479-00000E922EDD4126_zpsbbf7a4d5.jpg

I mean, it's one of those things that when you know it's there, your eyes just tend to focus directly on that spot. lol Well, at least it's in the center of her bra and not awkwardly only on one side. :lol

Wow! These pics looks stunning! Mine says Friday! But I bet mon or tues. :gah:

I tried a few times to maneuver her into the base, I took her out and tried to place her in a different way but it's no use, she wont go in any further.

Same here. The edge of her foot is is just a hair outside of the set in space. I've tried forcing it in, but all I've ended up doing is scratching off some of the paint on the tip of the left foot. Fortunately You can't see that area from any angle.
Mine is so far out of the groove, that the whole figure is leaning slighty to the left. I'm thinking if I don't rectify this, over time that will only get worse.

IMG_3056_zps22f906ef.jpg

Forstlord, paint that little bump green, like its a little snippet of leaf. That's probably what its supposed to be, but even if not no one will likely notice because it will blend in with the other leaves. You could even paint a tiny stem to attach it to the vine, if you wanted. But as flesh-color, it does look weird.

For people struggling to make her stand right, can the base be modified with a drill? Is the joint too tight to allow her footpeg to fully seat? Perhaps some careful shaving away with a dremel or drill, with the right bit?

If its too big, try altering the hole with a small bit of epoxy putty filler. No one will know but you. Boom, fixed.

Not mine, you are talking to no friend of Chinese manufacturing here. I refuse to believe that we cant paint these collectibles here in the US for a decent price, and reduce shipping breakages from overseas to boot. Quality could be monitored on a daily basis! Its just that companies expect to get this stuff for almost free, and then still charge us over the moon for it.

Ivy is still lovely, but I would be hunting up my tiniest detail brushes ten minutes after she was unpacked. In fact the first time I order a PF I am sure it will be my turn, because all of them seem to be like this. Or worse. *big sigh*

This looks like a fairly simple figure to paint from all the pics, but once I got it in hand I was startled at just how small some of these details are that we are obsessing over. The prices on these things is getting out of hand, but I'm very satisfied with the level of quality on mine. Not just satisfied- shocked actually, at how well some very difficult areas were addressed. SS came through well on many/most of these.
No comfort I realize to the people who got one with issues, but if the problem is in a immediately noticeable area from a moderate distance back (like at least a couple feet) send it back. So many have come out well enough that the law of averages should be in your favor.

IMG_3056_zps22f906ef.jpg

Forstlord, paint that little bump green, like its a little snippet of leaf. That's probably what its supposed to be, but even if not no one will likely notice because it will blend in with the other leaves. You could even paint a tiny stem to attach it to the vine, if you wanted. But as flesh-color, it does look weird.

I agree. I would try to make that the edge of the leaf. If you don't have Aves, I would get some putty from home depot (steel stick?) and with a little tiny piece using a toothpick, try to bridge that area to the leaf it is next to so it's just one bigger leaf, and then paint over it.
If all else about yours is good, that's not an insurmountable issue to me.
For people struggling to make her stand right, can the base be modified with a drill? Is the joint too tight to allow her footpeg to fully seat? Perhaps some careful shaving away with a dremel or drill, with the right bit?

If its too big, try altering the hole with a small bit of epoxy putty filler. No one will know but you. Boom, fixed.

Yeah, I need to figure out just how much to expand the post hole, and then will probably use some silly putty or a kneeded eraser in the enlarged hole to keep it from wobbbling.

IMG_3056_zps22f906ef.jpg

I agree. I would try to make that the edge of the leaf. If you don't have Aves, I would get some putty from home depot (steel stick?) and with a little tiny piece using a toothpick, try to bridge that area to the leaf it is next to so it's just one bigger leaf, and then paint over it.
If all else about yours is good, that's not an insurmountable issue to me.

Yeah, I need to figure out just how much to expand the post hole, and then will probably use some silly putty or a kneeded eraser in the enlarged hole to keep it from wobbbling.

They are some pretty good ideas and I would actually consider doing them but I'm not handy at all. I would probably paint it the wrong color or mess it up in some way.

Same thing goes for drilling the base to make her fit, I don't have any confidence in myself to a decent job of it without ruining the statue in some way.

I wish I had the skill that some people on these forums have, but the truth is that I suck at anything hands on like that

Thanks man. :) Did you order the EX or Regular?

Ex on day one! I was worried since I missed joker ex on the original order day. Congrats on getting a good one! I still need to make space for her. :lol I will box up a few to open up a spot.

As I said, business is the black sheep. Nevermind the inflated labor and production costs from taxes and regulations that make it unprofitable for companies to manufacture in this country. Just blame the company for being in business to make money, and not turn the fish and loaves into a feast for the volk.

Ramatuelle said:
EDIT: and THIS IS WHY Harley is wearing cloth: her costume is super-linear and they don't want to be arsed to take the time to paint it right at this scale. Want to bet.

Is that why Batman and Superman are wearing cloth?

As I said, business is the black sheep. Nevermind the inflated labor and production costs from taxes and regulations that make it unprofitable for companies to manufacture in this country. Just blame the company for being in business to make money, and not turn the fish and loaves into a feast for the volk.

There you go making sense again :mad: :lol

They are some pretty good ideas and I would actually consider doing them but I'm not handy at all. I would probably paint it the wrong color or mess it up in some way.

Same thing goes for drilling the base to make her fit, I don't have any confidence in myself to a decent job of it without ruining the statue in some way.

I wish I had the skill that some people on these forums have, but the truth is that I suck at anything hands on like that

I just pulled out the dremel- first time I've ever used one- and set to expanding the peg hole by quite a big margin...only to find out it probably wasn't so much the peg hole as it was the rock next to the foot that was preventing it from sinking into the groove fully.
I dremeled away, with the same bit, some of the edge bordering the slot and that seems to have done the trick. The vine next to the figure was conspicuously not setting in properly and immediately noticeable from a few feet back. Now it's seated perfectly flush.

If you are not handy, probably best not to pick up a dremel for this stuff. Shaving a bit off the rock, I lost control for a sec and nicked a more visible area on the base nearby. It'll be an easy thing to touch up, but it was an education in how easy this thing can get away from you with a tiny bit spinning at high speed. Also, I wish now I had put a little more money into a cordless one, as the cord adds another level of difficulty to small exacting work.

One other thing- I thought the foot wasn't seated fully because the leaves on the boots weren't flush with the base. I realize now what's visible is the sole of the boot. I assume everyone else is seeing the same thing? Also, though I made the peg hole twice as large as it was, there's no wobble. In fact, it's more secure now than it was before. Still seems to have a slight lean ...but maybe that's just my imagination.

No problem. Here's my Ivy from normal viewing distance.
DAA708A4-B990-4E53-961F-CCE82E542335-5479-00000E9237A07A74_zpscfe6de2e.jpg

C2C1C8B9-756F-4753-8AC4-53B7DD027C9B-5479-00000E922EDD4126_zpsbbf7a4d5.jpg

I mean, it's one of those things that when you know it's there, your eyes just tend to focus directly on that spot. lol Well, at least it's in the center of her bra and not awkwardly only on one side. :lol

Nice shots, atleast everything else seems to be really good, eyes look aligned.

Too many things wrong with yours, you need to send it back. Paint smudge on base, Tumor on leg, not sitting in base correctly...

I think you would make it worse by painting that extra bit. Would be better to dremel it off, but then you would have to match the light green on the base...

No way I could live with that as is though.

My statue has a twin. Booger sisters. No reason to even paint in her nose to start with, what a waste of time to add more notches for more defects..

Havent heard back from them yet.

I sent off an email to them 2 days ago and also haven't heard back. Please let me know what resolution they offer you my booger-brother! :hi5:

You really think each statue and base has different spaced slots?
They are all from the same mould.

hey Collectorcol,

Yes it's true. I was at my local comic shop intedning to buy the Scarlet Witch PF. They had an EX and a non-EX. Bc of paint jobs, one had a better base and the other had a better statue. The owner allowed me to swap out the better of the two and before paying I decided to put it together in front of him. Guess what? It would not fit even tho upon inspection it should have fit. We also assumed that they are from the same mold. Apparently not.

I also thought it was shading at first. But, compared to the rest of the leaves it kinda stands out.

Here's 2 more (hopefully not as blurry) pics.

With flash:
7B229F49-8F5E-4E10-BC3A-307374FDCE9D-5479-00000E8D432AF2EB_zpsf7453a45.jpg

And without:
F7CDB5A4-1590-48CB-B043-C0AC5194B066-5479-00000E8D731DE6A6_zps41e4c479.jpg

What do you think?

Haha. Looks great to me!! Anyway, these are LEAVES and they can be a different color!

Back