Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you guys somewhat underestimate the amount of effort that goes into painting two thousand of these...

The thing is I do understand; it just seems that SideShow doesn't. So what if Ivy was revealed last year - make her a two year wait if it means getting everything just right. Patience is one thing, but being over ambitious is another. Getting a sloppy paint job for the entire run is a big problem with higher prices and bigger edition sizes, imo

I need your opinion guys and gals..I received Ivy today (my first statue ordered directly from Sideshow) and she is perfect EXCEPT for a paint bleed from her hair down to her neck. I contacted Sideshow and sent this photo. Do you think I should replace her? I'm afraid that I will not get one as nice back...what do you all think? Any advice from people that have had to send theirs back?
33797478.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OUCH!!!! It would drive me crazy!!!!

So if they make 10,000 should quality suffer or should they make less... quality over quantity :lecture

That's not going to happen with DC comics. They know they can sell statues. Even if Sideshow were to say, and they wouldn't because it's more profits for them, hey we only want to make so many DC would have told them no. They know how many of these they can sell. Remember, DC direct ES's were high and they know Sideshow carries a name in collectible statues. Both companies will look to cash in on it.

And no I'm saying quality should be sacrificed. I'm just looking at the reality of the situation.

And anyone who wants to lodge a complaint about the paint issues has every right to do so. You paid $350+, get what you paid for.

I need your opinion guys and gals..I received Ivy today (my first statue ordered directly from Sideshow) and she is perfect EXCEPT for a paint bleed from her hair down to her neck. I contacted Sideshow and sent this photo. Do you think I should replace her? I'm afraid that I will not get one as nice back...what do you all think? Any advice from people that have had to send theirs back?
33797478.jpg
[/URL]

YES by all means get SS to send you a replacement! For $350 + tax, there shouldn't be any paint issues.

I was tempted to contact SS about the lousy attempt at "blending" the sculpted hair by applying a couple of pathetic red brush strokes on her chest, but it seems like everybody has that, so I reconsidered...

Here is some quick photos from a phone.

Other than the booger, she is perfect. Not sure if I want to risk getting a crappy one in exchange. Anybody see that totaly destroyed Ivy someone received on SF today?

I'd very likely return this one. It's risky...it's true...and I guess it' depends on how you display it. Looking at mine now, the light in my room is coming from the center light in the ceiling, and so shadows are coming down from her nose, so I'm not sure if it'd be noticeable.

THAT SAID, I don't know if I could personally stand it. Just knowing it was there would bother me quite a bit. I know it looks really bad in the picture because it's so close up, and in reality her face is a lot smaller and it may not really be noticeable from far away. So it's all a matter of what you can handle. The picture makes it look absolutely horrible; however, if it looks okay from far away, and you can handle it, then by all means keep it and be happy with the rest of the paint job.

33797478.jpg
[/URL]

This one I'd send back for sure. That's a massive bleed. Again, MAYBE it looks worse in the picture, and if you place the statue where you'll have it set up then it may look like just more hair, but I'd say this is a big error in a spot where it's more noticeable and it likely looks like a mistake regardless of distance. I know, how can the chest be more noticeable than the face? (Okay, maybe that's not too hard to understand! lol) But when it comes down to it, her chest is a lot of flesh colour, and it looks smooth, so that looks like a rough mistake that wasn't fixed. That's an easy replacement I'd say, in their eyes.

Just got mine today. Damn UPS driver forged my signature again. This fourth time on a big dollar package requiring a signature for delivery that the driver forged the signature and left the package on the porch. Lazy bastards.

I've noticed that all the boxes so far did not have the EX sticker. However, the box art shows the exclusive plant heads too. So maybe there is no sticker because the non-ex version will NOT have the same box art, and will show the closed mouth plants.

33797478.jpg
[/URL]

It's not that bad I would keep it and I'm very picky too. Getting a better one is much more risky for sure from expierence here. My 2 cents.

33797478.jpg
[/URL]

I think the success rate on her has been pretty high so far, I'd chance the return. I can take the paint not reaching the skin but I think in the long run, this is a bleed that would bother me. If it was on a leg or a boot edge, maybe not so much, but the heads a fairly large focal point that most people will be looking at. As other's have said though, it depends on where you display her and your lighting, if you don't notice it, and he rest is clean, it comes down to what you can live with. You can always hold off destroying the body if asked until a new one comes in, or see what they offer you. If they knock a few bucks off, I think I'd keep her.

It's not that bad I would keep it and I'm very picky too. Getting a better one is much more risky for sure from expierence here. My 2 cents.

Bad advice from CBG? :cuckoo:
Return it, that looks pretty bad to me. If the replacement is no good return that as well.
You spent a lot of money on her, you should be totally satisfied with the result. :lecture

33797478.jpg
[/URL]

Also, you mentioned you may want to re-sell it down the line. If that's the case, then that error would definitely hurt the value of it! As mentioned above, the success rate seems to be higher than minor errors or picky complaints. Most have come out quite well! Odds are you'll get one that's much better, and you'll be happy you did. And as mentioned above, if it's not better, return it again. It's a pain, but it's worth it -- and odds are you won't have to do it that many times.

In the end, it's what you're happy with. But if you do plan to sell it down the line for any reason, then those looking to buy will likely be looking for as close to pristine as possible! When they ask and you send a picture like that, it'll either drive them away, or lower what they'll pay for it.

just got my shipping notice today for my Ivy EX, all the pic look as if she turned out pretty good with the exception of a few minor issues. cant wait till it arrives on Friday.

Well this is a discussion board and members post their pics for other members to post their opinions about them and such, some just stick to praising no matter what, it can't all be about kissing each others asses.

In conclusion is not about being negative, is about one's point of view on what is seen, perceptions about someone's comment can be negative as well without the comment being negative, members need to stop policing how other member should think and post their thoughts if it stays within forum rules then just let it be.

You should see some custom threads, they are like cults :monkey3

I told myself that I will only concentrate on Star Wars and Lord of the Rings statues. I am running out of room, and something needs to go. I didn't want to cancel and loose my NRD.

Oh, ok. You can sure cheer someone up who lost out on the Ex. :)

pi3.jpg

Can you remove Harley's head. Would like to see someone do a mod with the SS PF head in future.

The booger one has to go.
I'd try getting rid of it with an eraser to see if that works and if it doesn't, send that pic to SS.
That's not attractive on a statue that is suppose to be an attractive female character.

Back