Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sitting here reading this thread thinking the exact same thing! Some people don't even know who some of these characters are and would gladly fork over $300-$350 to SS just for some random girl in a skimpy costume! WTF are some people thinking? :dunno :slap

C'mon guys, let's just stick to the main Rogue gallery, okay? Before SS get's off track and starts releasing non-essential characters that nobody really cares about. :panic:

I totally understand your point.. I do choose this figure because of her pose n sexiness but I know who Poison Ivy is. In Japan, hobbyist is buying anything cute or sexy. yes. sex can sell. LOL :rotfl

I'm sitting here reading this thread thinking the exact same thing! Some people don't even know who some of these characters are and would gladly fork over $300-$350 to SS just for some random girl in a skimpy costume! WTF are some people thinking? :dunno :slap

C'mon guys, let's just stick to the main Rogue gallery, okay? Before SS get's off track and starts releasing non-essential characters that nobody really cares about. :panic:

QFT.

I had never even heard of the White Rabbit, and while the character sounds semi-interesting, it would seriously annoy me if we get a character like her before someone like Two Face or the Riddler (or really, any of the T1 rogues).

I hope they start doing stuff for other characters all they have done is batman lately and I need a break to save some money. I still have to get superman too and it looks like he will be the next pf after batman. :panic:

I totally understand your point.. I do choose this figure because of her pose n sexiness but I know who Poison Ivy is. In Japan, hobbyist is buying anything cute or sexy. yes. sex can sell. LOL :rotfl

I think Ivy is part of the main Rogue's galley. That's why I PO'ed her.

I was actually talking about that scantly clad 'White Rabbit' / Playboy bunny character in lingerie (that was talked about earlier). I just don't understand how some people here can justify spending $300+ just based on a figure's sex appeal, as opposed to actually knowing about and genuinely liking a character. :dunno.

I guess when money becomes no object to some people, then logical reasons to buy something really doesn't apply anymore. "See-Click-Buy" without thought. :lol

QFT.

I had never even heard of the White Rabbit, and while the character sounds semi-interesting, it would seriously annoy me if we get a character like her before someone like Two Face or the Riddler (or really, any of the T1 rogues).

:exactly: I would be pretty annoyed as well, if they released her before some other female characters such as Catwoman, Harley and even Talia.

she's a newer villain in the recent batman books

If I learned anything is that most people here don't care about the comics and some have no clue who these $350 statues are based on. They care about a statue looking good so they preorder and then go to wikipedia and look up who they just preorder or just come here and learn. Female sexy statues regardless of who they are will sell and Sideshow knows this so that's that.

It's some crazy crap but that's the way this hobby is.

Personally, I don't know how this White Rabbit can even be brought up when you don't even have a Catwoman PF. She wasn't that interesting so this is coming from someone actually reading these New 52 comics.

Penguin
Catwoman
Scarecrow
Ra's al Ghul
Riddler
Clayface
Bane
Two-Face
Harley Quinn

Nightwing (black/blue outfit)
Red Hood
Batgirl Barbara Gordon
Robin Damian Wayne
Robin Tim Drake (no Red Robin or Gatchaman outfit)
Azrael (original Joe Quesada outfit)
Alfred
Talia

Work on that list and then daydream about White Rabbits.

I think Ivy is part of the main Rogue's galley. That's why I PO'ed her.

I was actually talking about that scantly clad 'White Rabbit' / Playboy bunny character in lingerie (that was talked about earlier). I just don't understand how some people here can justify spending $300+ just based on a figure's sex appeal, as opposed to actually knowing about and genuinely liking a character. :dunno.

I guess when money becomes no object to some people, then logical reasons to buy something really doesn't apply anymore. "See-Click-Buy" without thought. :lol

I had to think about it a little bit, but then I realized it is actually pretty hypocritical to think like this. Give a Japanese robot figure for example. There is nothing unusual about buying one without having seen the robot anime or read the manga. You buy it because you like the robot designs. That's how it works in a lot of anime fighting games too. For example, there is a really popular Gundam fighting game called Gundam Extreme Vs. When you play that, you play the units you enjoy using, even if you don't know them. Hell my favorite unit to use right now...I don't even know the name of the pilot. I've never seen the Gundam it is from.

Or with armored warriors and such. People buy them because they look cool. It seems unfair to think of buying a female statue or figure due to sexiness as somehow any different. In fact, the entire anime industry might as well be based on instant female fan service right now :slap

Penguin
Catwoman
Scarecrow
Ra's al Ghul
Riddler
Clayface
Bane
Two-Face
Harley Quinn

Nightwing
Red Hood
Robin Damian Wayne
Robin Tim Drake (no Red Robin or Gatchaman outfit)
Alfred
Talia

Work on that list and then daydream about White Rabbits.

Your list doesn't have Batgirl on it. Fail. :nana: ;)

People outside of this hobby think we're all silly for paying the prices we do for all our statues, figures and busts.

I don't care what they think.

Don't get me wrong. I don't expect anyone to care what I think, or to change their minds because I believe what I do.

That said, the idea that bunny ears, a bustier, panties and some stripper boots constitute a great costume design is an idea born of too much leering, and not enough meaningful contact with the Meltran. And I'll say so. Probably because I'm a jerk, but as it were, I don't care.

:dance

Don't get me wrong. I don't expect anyone to care what I think, or to change their minds because I believe what I do.

That said, the idea that bunny ears, a bustier, panties and some stripper boots constitute a great costume design is an idea born of too much leering, and not enough meaningful contact with the Meltran. And I'll say so. Probably because I'm a jerk, but as it were, I don't care.

:dance

Jerk. I thought you cared. :mad: :pfft: :monkey2

You came in before the Batgirl and Azrael edit. :slap

You fail. :wave

I hate when I'm early! :lol

I had to think about it a little bit, but then I realized it is actually pretty hypocritical to think like this. Give a Japanese robot figure for example. There is nothing unusual about buying one without having seen the robot anime or read the manga. You buy it because you like the robot designs. That's how it works in a lot of anime fighting games too. For example, there is a really popular Gundam fighting game called Gundam Extreme Vs. When you play that, you play the units you enjoy using, even if you don't know them. Hell my favorite unit to use right now...I don't even know the name of the pilot. I've never seen the Gundam it is from.

Or with armored warriors and such. People buy them because they look cool. It seems unfair to think of buying a female statue or figure due to sexiness as somehow any different. In fact, the entire anime industry might as well be based on instant female fan service right now :slap

I see your point Monger. Especially about the Anime/Manga fan service. :wink1:

Anyways, my original point was this:
playa7 said:
C'mon guys, let's just stick to the main Rogue gallery, okay? Before SS get's off track and starts releasing non-essential characters that nobody really cares about.
and not about how/why/what people spend money on. I only mentioned it a few times in this thread b/c, I think it's funny. :lol

Back