Premium Format Poison Ivy Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300220_press01.jpg

:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool:drool

Really? I hated Batman/Superman: Supergirl. I felt Loeb lost touch with Darkseid.

Turner's art definitely had a 50% impact on my enjoyment of that comic run. But I also enjoyed the simplicity of the story, minus the whole Batman fighting Darkseid scenario.

But in any case, Hush was just a bore of a story to me with nothing clever to it. The ending was interesting, but it totally disregarded the story that preceded it.

In all honesty, my favorite Batman storyline would have to be the Knight's End to Knight Fall run

Turner's art definitely had a 50% impact on my enjoyment of that comic run. But I also enjoyed the simplicity of the story, minus the whole Batman fighting Darkseid scenario.

But in any case, Hush was just a bore of a story to me with nothing clever to it. The ending was interesting, but it totally disregarded the story that preceded it.

In all honesty, my favorite Batman storyline would have to be the Knight's End to Knight Fall run

Mine is Year One followed by the Killing Joke, mainly because of Bolland's art and then of course Long Halloween, which to me is just steller.

Long Halloween for me. Absolute masterpiece!

Which were actually the last DC comics I read now that I think of it. :lol

PF definitely looks nothing like this chick:

%24(KGrHqQOKjoE27wUrSE4BNvJYDjLoQ~~0_3.JPG

A funny story about my grandpa, I remember when I went to the comic shop to buy this very same comic on its release day and he looked at the cover and said "What the hell is wrong with Batman?! His ears look dumb and his leg looks ready to explode!" :rotfl Being that he owned the first comic book and never "grew out" of liking Superheroes, I cut him some slack on knowing what he was talking about

Mine is Year One followed by the Killing Joke, mainly because of Bolland's art and then of course Long Halloween, which to me is just steller.

With all the big talk about long Halloween, I should definitely try it out someday. But much like someone who's never seen the original Psycho movie by Hitchcock, you already know the plot twists and the ending just from word of mouth alone =/

Killing Joke is definitely overrated, which is why I don't like it as much as I should. Keeping the Joker's origin random should be a staple, but the fact that Barbara is still paralyzed to this day bugs me in that Killing Joke is somehow official. It kinda pisses me off that no one else has been allowed to try and make a Joker origin story since then

A funny story about my grandpa, I remember when I went to the comic shop to buy this very same comic on its release day and he looked at the cover and said "What the hell is wrong with Batman?! His ears look dumb and his leg looks ready to explode!" :rotfl Being that he owned the first comic book and never "grew out" of liking Superheroes, I cut him some slack on knowing what he was talking about

Killing Joke is definitely overrated, which is why I don't like it as much as I should. Keeping the Joker's origin random should be a staple, but the fact that Barbara is still paralyzed to this day bugs me in that Killing Joke is somehow official. It kinda pisses me off that no one else is allowed to try and make a Joker original story since then

Barbara is back in the new 52 as Batgirl as far as I know, one of the things they kinda retconned, but I actually thought that her being paralyzed due to the Joker gave a reality to the stories. Basically showing that these heroes aren't invincible, and fighting the psychos is dangerous, much like the death of Jason Todd.

Barbara is back in the new 52 as Batgirl as far as I know, one of the things they kinda retconned, but I actually thought that her being paralyzed due to the Joker gave a reality to the stories. Basically showing that these heroes aren't invincible, and fighting the psychos is dangerous, much like the death of Jason Todd.

Which DC decided to bring back Todd. :lol
Identity Crisis in my own opinion really shows the vulnerabilities of these heroes & their loved ones. I highly recommend it!

Which DC decided to bring back Todd. :lol
Identity Crisis in my own opinion really shows the vulnerabilities of these heroes & their loved ones. I highly recommend it!

have it! yeah when they brought back Jason I was a little mad at first but then I got over it. But I still haven't read anything since they did the new 52, it just doesn't interest me. I think I'm jaded on Reboots and Retcons.

Those are mainly the newbies. They are nervous because they missed out on some choice pieces and now are fighting WL conversions for statues they want. Some of them seemed like they were hyperventilating when she didn't go up on time.

We all have it easy now. Almost all pieces are up for hours at the very least. Some for weeks. If Newbies are panicking over ordering Ivy, they never would have been able to navigate the old days of the priority PO. Pieces sold out in mere minutes back then. This is easy peasy now.

:rotfl how you figure me out? It was quite an experience. But I keep hearing batman is much worse. So until I get batman PF ex.....:panic:

Long Halloween for me. Absolute masterpiece!

I ended up getting the Absolute Edition of Long Halloween from eBay for pretty cheap but that was a while ago. You can really see how it influcenced Nolan's work. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't read the monthlies and is familiar with the new movies.

Back